Politically Incorrect

Normally open July 4th only---the one day a year when partisan politics, religion, etc. are acceptable topics on this Board (within reason). The forum is now closed.

Politically Incorrect

Postby TrackDaddy » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:29 pm

:twisted:

Would white people hate OJ as much if he'd been accused of killing his first wife...who was black?

Why are 70% of black children born out of wedlock? Have black women ever heard of marriage?

Why do we accomodate the hispanic people who wont learn english?

Why do white males always deny that any issue of alleged discrimination exists...unless its reverse?

Since being gay isnt a gender...isnt it just an inordinate lust?

Doesn't being gay stand against the natural order of things to procreate? And therefore opposes the sustenance of the familial infrastructure of mankind and consequently the species?

Is it rational to support that?

Why do so many black men not have anything to do with the children they sire?

Why do black men leave the house in do- rags?

If you get a tattoo to be set apart or be an individual...arent you really just being like everyone else who has one? Isnt the only way you're special and set apart is if you dont get one? Isnt there only one you?

If you get type II diabetes...isnt that self inflicted?

Do white people feel that blacks will one day try and return the favor?

When white people get really fat they will be an outcast in their family and community... even to the point of suicide. If black people get really fat their family still loves them.

Why do black people wash their cars so much? Why do white people leave theirs dirty?

Why are black people mocked for liking chicken and watermelon? Are asian people criticized for eating sushi?

Why can hispanic people name their kids Jose and Maria...white folks name their kids Tyler and Samantha...but black people be crucified because they didnt?

Why is it illegal to harm an unborn eagle (egg), but legal to abort an unborn child?
TrackDaddy

Postby BillVol » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:12 pm

And TD gets it started in fine fashion!!!
BillVol

Re: Politically Incorrect

Postby SQUACKEE » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:19 am

TrackDaddy wrote::twisted:
Would white people hate OJ as much if he'd been accused of killing his first wife...who was black?

No not as much, but would black people celebrate OJ being found innocent if he was white and his wife was black? :P

OJ was one of the most loved men in America until he started de-capitating people. :cry:
SQUACKEE

Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby AthleticsInBritain » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:37 am

Why is it illegal to harm an unborn eagle (egg), but legal to abort an unborn child?

There are 6 billion people (about 5 1/2 billion too many) and about 60,000 pairs of eagles. We're not short of people, but we are short of eagles. More eagles are needed.
AthleticsInBritain

Postby gh » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:06 am

Forget politically incorrect; thread under consideration for yanking for violating the "facts, not fiction" strictures.
gh

Postby Marlow » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:18 am

gh wrote:Forget politically incorrect; thread under consideration for yanking for violating the "facts, not fiction" strictures.

I would submit that most of those questions are tongue-in-cheek, meant only to point out humanity's foibles and frailties, i.e., they are rhetorical in nature. Isn't that what 'free speech' is all about - asking the unanswerable questions? That said, most are 'too hot to handle'.
Marlow

Postby TrackDaddy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:39 am

AthleticsInBritain wrote:

There are 6 billion people (about 5 1/2 billion too many) and about 60,000 pairs of eagles. We're not short of people, but we are short of eagles. More eagles are needed.

:shock:

You work for PETA?

FWIW...

People are human.

Birds are fowl.
TrackDaddy

Postby KevinM » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:39 am

Marlow wrote:I would submit that most of those questions are tongue-in-cheek, meant only to point out humanity's foibles and frailties, i.e., they are rhetorical in nature. Isn't that what 'free speech' is all about - asking the unanswerable questions?

No, this is stuff that TD has been spewing on dyestat for years. It's not rhetorical.
KevinM

Postby TrackDaddy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:46 am

Marlow wrote:
gh wrote:Forget politically incorrect; thread under consideration for yanking for violating the "facts, not fiction" strictures.

I would submit that most of those questions are tongue-in-cheek, meant only to point out humanity's foibles and frailties, i.e., they are rhetorical in nature. Isn't that what 'free speech' is all about - asking the unanswerable questions? That said, most are 'too hot to handle'.

Exactly Marlow.

These aren't presented as statistics or facts.

Most of them are inquiries.

I was hoping we could all look at a rhetorical presentation of people as stereotypes/circumstances often depict us .

Is there any truth to some of them?

Definitely.

But they didnt come from an encyclopedia, they came off the top of my head.

Please dont yank the thread as 1) its equally offensive to certain groups :lol: 2) I believe viewing and discussing some of these things could provide answers to some of these questions.
TrackDaddy

Postby TrackDaddy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:50 am

KevinM wrote:
Marlow wrote:I would submit that most of those questions are tongue-in-cheek, meant only to point out humanity's foibles and frailties, i.e., they are rhetorical in nature. Isn't that what 'free speech' is all about - asking the unanswerable questions?

No, this is stuff that TD has been spewing on dyestat for years. It's not rhetorical.

Some of it is.

And why I gotta be "spewing" it. :?

How come I aint just typing. :roll:

This is free speech weekend Kevin.

Why dont you just tell us how you feel, and let me do me. 8-)
TrackDaddy

Postby TrackDaddy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:52 am

SQUACKEE wrote:

No not as much, but would black people celebrate OJ being found innocent if he was white and his wife was black? :P

OJ was one of the most loved men in America until he started de-capitating people. :cry:

1) Not as much.

2) He was found not guilty in a court of law by a jury of his peers.
TrackDaddy

Postby Marlow » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:02 am

TrackDaddy wrote:I believe viewing and discussing some of these things could provide answers to some of these questions.

Well, THAT'S not gonna happen! Typically these kinds of questions only serve to divide people, not bring them together.
Marlow

Postby TrackDaddy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:05 am

Marlow wrote:
TrackDaddy wrote:I believe viewing and discussing some of these things could provide answers to some of these questions.

Well, THAT'S not gonna happen! Typically these kinds of questions only serve to divide people, not bring them together.

I dont know about that, M.

I think we're divided because we DONT discuss them.

Therefore we work off presumptions which often become stereotypes and generalizations.
TrackDaddy

Postby AthleticsInBritain » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:10 am

TrackDaddy wrote:
Marlow wrote:

Therefore we work off presumptions which often become stereotypes and generalizations.

I'm not sure. I can think of several 'answers' to some of those questions, most of which would get me banned for certain! :lol:
AthleticsInBritain

Postby Marlow » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:10 am

TrackDaddy wrote:I dont know about that, M.

And I thought that I was the board Pollyanna! In the vast majority of cases, when people 'debate' (argue!) they get MORE defensive on their original position, and the discussion gets MORE polarized. Think about it - how likely are YOU to change your opinion on any of those questions? If you're honest, you'll say, not likely. And as my final proof-point, think about the people who populate THIS forum. We're all pretty opinionated AND set in our ways. That MY answer and I ain't budging!! :twisted:
Marlow

Postby TrackDaddy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:27 am

Marlow wrote:
TrackDaddy wrote:I dont know about that, M.

And I thought that I was the board Pollyanna! In the vast majority of cases, when people 'debate' (argue!) they get MORE defensive on their original position, and the discussion gets MORE polarized. Think about it - how likely are YOU to change your opinion on any of those questions? If you're honest, you'll say, not likely. And as my final proof-point, think about the people who populate THIS forum. We're all pretty opinionated AND set in our ways. That MY answer and I ain't budging!! :twisted:

You may not see people change their opinion or view on things. But that doesnt mean it doesnt happen.

People are converted all the time. Religious conversions come to mind. People change political parties, etc.

Discussions that challenge us make us think. Long after the discussion we manage the new information and use it to retool our thinking.

Often with realizing it, and almost never acknowledging it.
TrackDaddy

Postby Marlow » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:34 am

TrackDaddy wrote:You may not see people change their opinion or view on things. But that doesnt mean it doesnt happen.
People are converted all the time. Religious conversions come to mind. People change political parties, etc.
Discussions that challenge us make us think. Long after the discussion we manage the new information and use it to retool our thinking.
Often with realizing it, and almost never acknowledging it.

What a noble sentiment. Pure poppycock in regards to THIS forum, but noble. :P
Marlow

Postby TrackDaddy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:38 am

AthleticsInBritain wrote:
TrackDaddy wrote:
Marlow wrote:

I'm not sure. I can think of several 'answers' to some of those questions, most of which would get me banned for certain! :lol:

Hopefully not during Free Speech weekend.

But you'll notice that I asked most of them in the form of a question to be on the safe side. :D
TrackDaddy

Postby marknhj » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:41 am

Personally, I'm in favor of keeping a thread over here that Marlow and TD can focus on for the day :D
marknhj

Postby TrackDaddy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:45 am

marknhj wrote:

Personally, I'm in favor of keeping a thread over here that Marlow and TD can focus on for the day :D

LOL

You're wrong for that, Mark. :lol:

:D

I think I was built for Free Speech Weekend.

Thanks for any consideration in letting the thread stand, gh.
TrackDaddy

Postby gh » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:03 am

I may remove parts of your original post that are beyond the pale. "Free speech" was meant to connote an informed discussion of touchy subjects, not just throw shit against the wall and see what sticks.
gh

Postby Marlow » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:05 am

marknhj wrote:Personally, I'm in favor of keeping a thread over here that Marlow and TD can focus on for the day :D

And yet now, for no discernible reason, I find myself totally bored with this thread . . . :twisted:
Marlow

Postby Daisy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:09 am

marknhj wrote:

Agree, a perfect diversion from the meat.
Daisy

Postby TrackDaddy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:21 am

Are you surprised when you walk into a convenience store and an asian or a middle easterner isnt working the register?

Have ever seen an asian in this country driving an American made car?

For years people hired illegal aliens to mow their lawns, roof their houses, pave their driveways and even babysit their kids.They even hired them to fill full time jobs. In doing so they broke federal law. All because they knew they could cheat illegals by paying them less than their services were worth.

And now that they're done with them, they call them criminals and want them booted from the country.

Didnt both parties break the law? What do they want done about themselves?

Are mixed race people disproportionately famous and successsful?

My neighborhood is more diverse than yours.

My neighbor on one side is a white male with an asian wife. On the other side is a young white hetero couple. We're the hetero negroes in the middle. On one corner is a white male/male gay couple and across the street are two white female lesbians with a hispanic hetero couple next door. On the opposite corner is two elderly lesbians and a white elderly hetero couple. Across the street is a black woman with a large home who keeps elderly people for government subsidies. There's a black preacher family across the street from the young white lesbians and a young white hetero couple next to them. A phillipino couple moved in mid-block several months ago when an elderly white lady died and her home was sold.

No kidding.

Why could Archie Bunker, Fred Sanford and George Jefferson say things on TV 30 years ago that cant be said today?
TrackDaddy

Postby TrackDaddy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:27 am

gh wrote:I may remove parts of your original post that are beyond the pale. "Free speech" was meant to connote an informed discussion of touchy subjects, not just throw shit against the wall and see what sticks.

LOL

I assure you that was not the intent.

Only trying to stimulate discussion amongst friends.

Hopefully I haven't offended anyone...or at least offended everyone. :D
TrackDaddy

Postby Daisy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:46 am

TrackDaddy wrote:Only trying to stimulate discussion amongst friends.

Not offended but maybe one topic per thread would be more coherent. :?
Last edited by Daisy on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daisy

Postby Speedfirst » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:05 am

TD...do you, for those want to participate in the discussion do so and for those who don't, simply don't, not rocket science.

But I do agree TD, we may be divided because it's not discussed and as you pointed out, stereotypes and generalizations are then the order of the day.
Speedfirst

Postby SQUACKEE » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:59 am

TrackDaddy wrote:
gh wrote:I may remove parts of your original post that are beyond the pale. "Free speech" was meant to connote an informed discussion of touchy subjects, not just throw shit against the wall and see what sticks.

LOL

Morgan Freeman said the way to get past race is quit talking about it. He said he didnt want to be called a blackman, he want to be called simply a man. I think there's some wisdom there.

I dont want to be labeled a white guy, i'm so much more than that! :P White men wear boring clothes, have beer bellies and if they have any soul they borrowed it. :x

I think one reason Ellen Degenrous sp? has an award winning talk show is she stopped screaming, "IM A LESBIAN!" Ellen, we know and we dont care, just be your funny- charming self.
SQUACKEE

Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby TrackDaddy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:35 am

Daisy wrote:
TrackDaddy wrote:Only trying to stimulate discussion amongst friends.

Not offended but maybe one topic per thread would be more coherent. :?

I did pick one topic.

Political incorrectness. See: thread title.
TrackDaddy

Postby TrackDaddy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:39 am

SQUACKEE wrote:
TrackDaddy wrote:

LOL

Morgan Freeman said the way to get past race is quit talking about it. He said he didnt want to be called a blackman, he want to be called simply a man. I think there's some wisdom there.

I dont want to be labeled a white guy, i'm so much more than that! :P White men wear boring clothes, have beer bellies and if they have any soul they borrowed it. :x

I think one reason Ellen Degenrous sp? has an award winning talk show is she stopped screaming, "IM A LESBIAN!" Ellen, we know and we dont care, just be your funny- charming self.

Morgan Freeman is wrong.

The way to get past the elephant in the room is to acknowledge it until everyone gets used to it.

If Ellen gets away from saying she's a lesbian then when she does say it, it will be news again.

And some people do care that she's a lesbian and disagree with the decision.
TrackDaddy

Postby TrackDaddy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:41 am

Speedfirst wrote:TD...do you, for those want to participate in the discussion do so and for those who don't, simply don't, not rocket science.

But I do agree TD, we may be divided because it's not discussed and as you pointed out, stereotypes and generalizations are then the order of the day.

I'm having a blast over here, Speedy. :lol:
TrackDaddy

Postby KevinM » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:34 am

TrackDaddy wrote:

Same tune, different board. :roll:
KevinM

Postby TrackDaddy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:45 am

KevinM wrote:
TrackDaddy wrote:

I've changed my mind about some things.

My favorite color used to be blue.
TrackDaddy

Postby KevinM » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:58 am

TrackDaddy wrote:
KevinM wrote:
TrackDaddy wrote:

I've changed my mind about some things.

My favorite color used to be blue.

And anyone who thought Marion used drugs was racist, right?
KevinM

Postby TrackDaddy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:18 pm

KevinM wrote:
And anyone who thought Marion used drugs was racist, right?

Heavens no.

Just you and a few others.
TrackDaddy

Postby Speedfirst » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:55 pm

TrackDaddy wrote:
SQUACKEE wrote:
TrackDaddy wrote:

LOL

Morgan Freeman is wrong.

The way to get past the elephant in the room is to acknowledge it until everyone gets used to it.

If Ellen gets away from saying she's a lesbian then when she does say it, it will be news again.

Well for I know this, when Morgan Freeman walks down the street, people see a black man, no getting around that. Depending upon what town you're in, you might get a few names thrown your way, that still exist by the way. Now because some folks don't want to discuss it, certainly doesn't mean the playing field is equal. It's easy to put your head in the sand, hope it goes away, not discuss, that's the easy approach. In order to have resolution, changes,dialogue, cards have to placed on the table.
Speedfirst

Postby Daisy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:57 pm

TrackDaddy wrote:I did pick one topic.

But your posts are all addressing specific examples rather than discussing the general theme.

Why bother having any different threads in current events? Afterall, they are all about athletics. :P
Daisy

Postby TrackDaddy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:52 pm

Daisy wrote:
TrackDaddy wrote:I did pick one topic.

But your posts are all addressing specific examples rather than discussing the general theme.

Why bother having any different threads in current events? Afterall, they are all about athletics. :P

okay.

Let's talk about homosexuals. :D

What in the ---- are they thinking? :lol:

Fwiw...the thread is a rant where people are free to discuss specifics if they like.
TrackDaddy

Postby dal4018 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:02 pm

SQUACKEE wrote:

Agreed
dal4018

Postby lonewolf » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:20 pm

SQUACKEE wrote:[I think one reason Ellen Degenrous sp? has an award winning talk show is she stopped screaming, "IM A LESBIAN!" Ellen, we know and we dont care, just be your funny- charming self.

Just a surmise, maybe most heterosexual men find lesbians inoffensive because they agree with both of them. :)
lonewolf