Palin talks to French President - not !

Normally open July 4th only---the one day a year when partisan politics, religion, etc. are acceptable topics on this Board (within reason). The forum is now closed.

Palin talks to French President - not !

Postby rasb » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:45 pm

Those damn Canadians pranked Sarah Palin. What is the matter with her staff ??? CNN just played the whole phone call, and it is hilarious. Someone will post a link, I'm sure.
rasb

Postby dukehjsteve » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:39 pm

I listened to it as well. And as you implied, where was her staff? She should have never gotten on the line until her staff had verifed/non-verified the party on the other end.

We will never know, but I wonder if there was any point that she smelled a rat ? In hindsight you would think so, but it is easier then. I am no linguist, but that French accent was not very authentic.
dukehjsteve

Postby rasb » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:06 pm

dukehjsteve wrote:I listened to it as well. And as you implied, where was her staff? She should have never gotten on the line until her staff had verifed/non-verified the party on the other end.

We will never know, but I wonder if there was any point that she smelled a rat ? In hindsight you would think so, but it is easier then. I am no linguist, but that French accent was not very authentic.

That was a Quebecois accent, but even as a Canadian, I'm not enough of a cunning linguist to be able to discern the difference. Apparently, it's immediately clear to Francophones. As for the content, when the prankster started going on about how he loved killing animals, all he got was an empathetic laugh from SP.
rasb