Thank you Garry!

Normally open July 4th only---the one day a year when partisan politics, religion, etc. are acceptable topics on this Board (within reason). The forum is now closed.

Postby Marlow » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:43 pm

bad hammy wrote:
Marlow wrote:. . .Mr. Left, bad hammy . . .

You know, if the Republicans would go back to just being fiscally conservative and dump all of the neo-con, religious-right, deficit spending crap I might even vote for one of them once in a while. As it stands, they run a pariah party . . .

I was quite proud of myself - I voted for three local Republicans in their races. I'm such an Independent Thinker! :roll: :wink: 8-)
Marlow

Postby gm » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:26 pm

bad hammy wrote:

You know, if the Republicans would go back to just being fiscally conservative and dump all of the neo-con, religious-right, deficit spending crap I might even vote for one of them once in a while. As it stands, they run a pariah party . . .

No, no you wouldn't.
gm

Postby Daisy » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:28 pm

What's your rationale? I could see hammy going for fiscal conservative. Not that I know the guy as well as you.
Daisy

Postby jazzcyclist » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:51 pm

gm wrote:
bad hammy wrote:

No, no you wouldn't.

I feel the same way bh does. I think Ron Paul would have appeal across ideological lines. When he went on Bill Maher show, the audience treated him like a rock star. In a recent TV interview where Paul was asked to comment on the Presidential candidates, he said that he had to be careful how he spoke about Obama because there was a lot of overlap in their supporters. And he's the one Republican the Obama would not have succeeded in tying to Bush, since he's more anti-war than Obama is.
jazzcyclist

Postby bad hammy » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:01 am

gm wrote:
bad hammy wrote:

No, no you wouldn't.

Dude,

You have little real clue as to who I am. I’ll give you a hint as it regards this conversation. I own a fairly large memorabilia collections centered on just two Presidents: Lincoln and Nixon. And nothing negative about Nixon in the bunch – he ended badly but did some great things prior to that. The latest addition is a ‘What would Nixon do?’ bumper sticker.

While most Republicans revere Reagan and consider his election to be the rebirth of the Republican party his glaring flaw, which has been slavishly repeated by Republicans ever since, is a love of deficit spending and trickle-down economics. Both are farcial failures and anathema to true conservatism. Add to that the fact that the fascist neo-cons and the religious right ‘we want to control your life’ idiots have pretty much dictated policy ever since, culminating in the disastrous Bush II reign, and you can see why the Republican party is about to head out to the political woodshed for an extended stay. If they are stupid enough to run Palin in ’12 they will stay out there for quite a bit longer.

Handle money responsibly, keep the peace, limit the size of government and stay out of people’s lives. This is what the Republican party should be about, not what it has been about since 1980.
bad hammy

Postby Marlow » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:05 am

bad hammy wrote:Handle money responsibly, keep the peace, limit the size of government and stay out of people’s lives. This is what the Republican party should be about, not what it has been about since 1980.

Dang, that's the Party Line?! I wanna be one too!
Marlow

Postby jazzcyclist » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:22 am

bad hammy wrote:Handle money responsibly, keep the peace, limit the size of government and stay out of people’s lives. This is what the Republican party should be about, not what it has been about since 1980.

Amen!

Ron Paul 2012
jazzcyclist

Postby Pego » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:34 am

bad hammy wrote:
gm wrote:
bad hammy wrote:

No, no you wouldn't.

Dude,

You have little real clue as to who I am. I’ll give you a hint as it regards this conversation. I own a fairly large memorabilia collections centered on just two Presidents: Lincoln and Nixon. And nothing negative about Nixon in the bunch – he ended badly but did some great things prior to that. The latest addition is a ‘What would Nixon do?’ bumper sticker.

While most Republicans revere Reagan and consider his election to be the rebirth of the Republican party his glaring flaw, which has been slavishly repeated by Republicans ever since, is a love of deficit spending and trickle-down economics. Both are farcial failures and anathema to true conservatism. Add to that the fact that the fascist neo-cons and the religious right ‘we want to control your life’ idiots have pretty much dictated policy ever since, culminating in the disastrous Bush II reign, and you can see why the Republican party is about to head out to the political woodshed for an extended stay. If they are stupid enough to run Palin in ’12 they will stay out there for quite a bit longer.

Handle money responsibly, keep the peace, limit the size of government and stay out of people’s lives. This is what the Republican party should be about, not what it has been about since 1980.

Bravo.
Pego

Postby gm » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:12 pm

Hey, at least you got the word "idiot" in there again. That's always a plus.
gm

Postby bad hammy » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:18 pm

gm wrote:Hey, at least you got the word "idiot" in there again. That's always a plus.

Note that I did distinguish between the idiots and the fascists . . .
bad hammy

Postby SQUACKEE » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:47 am

My annual shout out to Gh for putting up with my crap and for the vodoo he do. :D
SQUACKEE

Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby Marlow » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:36 am

SQUACKEE wrote:My annual shout out to Gh for putting up with my crap and for the vodoo he do. :D

Indeed (da both of us!). Is he mellowing? . . . . . nah!! :twisted:
Marlow

Re: Thank you Garry!

Postby SQUACKEE » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:03 am

It's 2000 and ten and i knew i had to send

a shout out to my friend

the mutha hen and ben!

thanx guys! :D
SQUACKEE

Postby SQUACKEE » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:04 pm

Thank you gh and all, for the horrible flawed but still the best T&F message board in the world. When I and Marlow are finally banned for life it will achieve perfection.
SQUACKEE

Postby Daisy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:44 pm

SQUACKEE wrote:Thank you gh and all, for the horrible flawed but still the best T&F message board in the world. When I and Marlow are finally banned for life it will achieve perfection.

Only four posts in 2013. Hope you're still reading, at least.
Daisy

Postby Marlow » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:47 am

SQUACKEE wrote:Thank you gh and all, for the horrible flawed but still the best T&F message board in the world. When I and Marlow are finally banned for life it will achieve perfection.

Yes, but won't they have to admit that without us, it loses that 'imminent train-wreck' appeal?
Hey, by the way, please post some more, so the that little red laser-site beam isn't always on me!!
Marlow

Postby Master Po » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:17 am

Marlow wrote:

Yes, but won't they have to admit that without us, it loses that 'imminent train-wreck' appeal?
Hey, by the way, please post some more, so the that little red laser-site beam isn't always on me!!

Yes, ,thanks gh! and, I second Marlow's request to squackee. :) as for any 'imminent train wreck' appeal you two bring here, that has been seriously eclipsed, IMHO. I think 'craziness' is in good hands on these boards these days. :D :wink:
Master Po

Postby Marlow » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:39 am

Master Po wrote:I think 'craziness' is in good hands on these boards these days. :D :wink:

Indeed. I think we were going more for the town simpleton (well, at least I am - squack is much more the Court Jester with some wisdom hiding below his japes).
Marlow

Postby tandfman » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:10 am

I, too, enjoyed the very different point of view and manner of expression that SQUACKEE often brought to the table here. I hope he's alive and well and that his inactivity is not due to illness.
tandfman

Postby Marlow » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:23 am

tandfman wrote: I hope he's alive and well and that his inactivity is not due to illness.

I'm pretty sure that the nice men in the white coats are taking very good care of him. :D
Being like-minded individuals, I have had occasion to meet him and occasionally correspond. He is doing very well. [He really is one of the nicest, funniest people I have ever met]
Marlow

Previous