Obama Campaign Treasurer has TWO tax liens


Normally open July 4th only---the one day a year when partisan politics, religion, etc. are acceptable topics on this Board (within reason). The forum is now closed.

Obama Campaign Treasurer has TWO tax liens

Postby malmo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:38 am

Not reported by CNN, NBC, ABC, Washington Post, SF Chroncicle, NY TImes, etc, etc, etc

Joe the Plumber attacked relentlessly by those same news agencies. Government computers used to access State of Ohio database for his private information.

Why?

Which is more relevant? Joe the Plumber, or Obamas Campaign Treasurer?

How come those who what to "redistribute" our wealth, don't play by the same rules they want to put on us? Martin Nesbit, Al Frankin, Charlie Rangel, Bill and Hillary Clinton.

Why is that?
malmo
 
Posts: 4376
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby Conor Dary » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:45 am

This is the first I have of this, but since malmo brought it up that is not surprising. Also, like, who cares even if it is true?

The media didn't attack Joe the Plumber. They just pointed out that the main points of the story were bogus.

He isn't a plumber.

He won't make 250,000 dollars.

He is not an independent, he is a Republican.

And his name is not Joe.

Not as bogus a tale as Palin, but hey again we have the vet who did not vet.

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=03fcGelz8Hw
Conor Dary
 
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby Daisy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:49 am

Conor Dary wrote:He isn't a plumber.


He is a plumber, just not registered. I thought free enterprise was part of the American spirit?
Daisy
 
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby malmo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:55 am

Conor Dary wrote:This is the first I have of this, but since malmo brought it up that is not surprising. Also, like, who cares even if it is true?

The media didn't attack Joe the Plumber. They just pointed out that the main points of the story were bogus.

He isn't a plumber.

He won't make 250,000 dollars.

He is not an independent, he is a Republican.

And his name is not Joe.

Not as bogus a tale as Palin, but hey again we have the vet who did not vet.

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=03fcGelz8Hw


Wrong on so many ways. Did you get that from the Daily Kos or the NY Times? The media didn't attack Joe The Plumber? Where have you been, man?

I) He is a plumber, and that's been his only job for years.

2) If he buys the company that he works for he certainly can make 250k, and that was his explicit question.

3) I have no idea what the relevance is here?

4) His middle name is "Joseph" something you lynch mobs conveniently want to hide.

5) He doesn''t know the price of arrugula.

There is nothing bogus in the story at all, except how the Obama campaign and the media attacked a citizen who merely asked a question when Obama showed up on his street.

There's egg all over your face. Wipe it off.
malmo
 
Posts: 4376
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby kuha » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:01 am

malmo wrote:There is nothing bogus in the story at all, except how the Obama campaign and the media attacked a citizen who merely asked a question when Obama showed up on his street.


Okay, boys and girls. Do you have fingers and toes enough to count up all the errors in this sentence?
kuha
 
Posts: 9014
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: 3rd row, on the finish line

Postby SQUACKEE » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:03 am

I dont care if he is Joe the Axe Murderer, who cares! Was his question a good one or was it a bad one.Whats next...did you hear that Joe doesnt iron his shirts.

If Satan asked McCain a great question i wouldnt care. Satan isnt running for president. The Omen was just a movie. :twisted: :arrow: :P :arrow: :wink:
SQUACKEE
 
Posts: 12885
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby guru » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:07 am

Wurzelbacher is not a licensed plumber. The state doesn't require it, but almost every municipality here does. Not too many cities want a non-licensed plumber doing things like cutting into municipal mains to hook up sewer laterals.
guru
 
Posts: 10265
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Strava, racking KOMs https://tinyurl.com/qf2ntch

Postby bad hammy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:09 am

SQUACKEE wrote:I dont care if he is Joe the Axe Murderer, who cares! Was his question a good one or was it a bad one.Whats next...did you hear that Joe doesnt iron his shirts.

Joe's question was a valid one (even if the premise was probably bogus). It just so happens that Joe was not quite ready for the bright lights that were thrust upon him when McCain plucked him from obscurity. And in Joe's case there is no problem there - who cares, he is Joe the Plumber. A totally different situation from the VP candidate McCain plucked from obscurity.
bad hammy
 
Posts: 10880
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby malmo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:11 am

I'm more worried about the presidential candidate that was plucked from obscurity.
malmo
 
Posts: 4376
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby SQUACKEE » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:13 am

bad hammy wrote:
SQUACKEE wrote:I dont care if he is Joe the Axe Murderer, who cares! Was his question a good one or was it a bad one.Whats next...did you hear that Joe doesnt iron his shirts.

Joe's question was a valid one (even if the premise was probably bogus). It just so happens that Joe was not quite ready for the bright lights that were thrust upon him when McCain plucked him from obscurity. And in Joe's case there is no problem there - who cares, he is Joe the Plumber. A totally different situation from the VP candidate McCain plucked from obscurity.


Ham, can you imagine the shit the press could find on us if we were in Joe's place. I would be Squackee the pot smoking drunk! And you........
SQUACKEE
 
Posts: 12885
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby Conor Dary » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:13 am

malmo wrote:
Conor Dary wrote:This is the first I have of this, but since malmo brought it up that is not surprising. Also, like, who cares even if it is true?

The media didn't attack Joe the Plumber. They just pointed out that the main points of the story were bogus.

He isn't a plumber.

He won't make 250,000 dollars.

He is not an independent, he is a Republican.

And his name is not Joe.

Not as bogus a tale as Palin, but hey again we have the vet who did not vet.

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=03fcGelz8Hw


Wrong on so many ways. Did you get that from the Daily Kos or the NY Times?

I) He is a plumber, and that's been his only job for years.

2) If he buys the company that he works for he certainly can make 250k, and that was his explicit question.

3) I have no idea what the relevance is here?

4) His middle name is "Joseph" something you lynch mobs conveniently want to hide.

5) He doesn''t know the price of arrugula.

There is nothing bogus in the story at all, except how the Obama campaign and the media attacked a citizen who merely asked a question when Obama showed up on his street.

There's egg all over your face. Wipe it off.


You compare the dailykos to the NYTimes! I didn't know Bill Kristol wrote for the dailykos. And I also missed all those WMD by Judith Miller that were there.

As for our friend Joe:

"Much of the Wurzelbacher story has been shown to be incorrect. He's not a licensed plumber in Ohio, according to state officials, and while his boss, Al Newell, is, Ohio law requires a plumber to register with the state and then seek a local license. Wurzelberger's estimate that the business makes between $250,000 and $280,000 a year turned out also to be exaggerated. Media reports found that the business' estimated total annual revenue was about $100,000. Even if its income reached above $250,000, Obama's higher rate would only apply to amounts above that. Plus, Wurzelberger has said he has no precise plans to buy the company anytime soon."

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/homepage/story/54411.html

And by the way how about a link to this Obama treasurer story? Or is that another figment of your imagination?
Conor Dary
 
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby malmo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:14 am

guru wrote:Wurzelbacher is not a licensed plumber. The state doesn't require it, but almost every municipality here does. Not too many cities want a non-licensed plumber doing things like cutting into municipal mains to hook up sewer laterals.


He works under the umbrella of his bosses license, which, without knowing anything more about the the plumbing trade, would seem to be the norm. That's the whole point of apprenticeships.

Of course, they don't teach that at Harvard Law School do they?
malmo
 
Posts: 4376
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby guru » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:19 am

malmo wrote:That's the whole point of apprenticeships.


http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008 ... spotlight/

An official at Local 50 of the plumber’s union, based in Toledo, said Mr. Wurzelbacher does not hold a license. He also has never served an apprenticeship and does not belong to the union.
guru
 
Posts: 10265
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Strava, racking KOMs https://tinyurl.com/qf2ntch

Postby bad hammy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:19 am

SQUACKEE wrote:Ham, can you imagine the shit the press could find on us if we were in Joe's place. I would be Squackee the pot smoking drunk! And you........

So I guess the lesson is to not ask politicians questions . . .
bad hammy
 
Posts: 10880
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby malmo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:20 am

Hello, McFly. Joe the Plumber never said he was going to buy the business, it was a rhetorical, IF he bought the business.

Got it?

Obama's Campaign Treasurer.
http://webofdeception.com/nesbitt.html
malmo
 
Posts: 4376
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby Daisy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:23 am

malmo wrote:There is nothing bogus in the story at all, except how the Obama campaign and the media attacked a citizen who merely asked a question when Obama showed up on his street.


I feel this is news as he asked a question that inferred he had no idea what the tax cut meant for the average Joe. The implication of the question was under your tax plan i will be at a disadvantage. A fair question if that really is true, but no matter how you look at this (assuming he buys the business and even expands it) he is not going to be taxed more under the plan.

I find the whole scenario bizarre. There are very many voters who appear to have tax as their main issue and yet are voting against their own interests. Joe is a classic example. I can only assume that their real reason for voting republican have nothing to do with tax.
Daisy
 
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby SQUACKEE » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:29 am

bad hammy wrote:
SQUACKEE wrote:Ham, can you imagine the shit the press could find on us if we were in Joe's place. I would be Squackee the pot smoking drunk! And you........

So I guess the lesson is to not ask politicians questions . . .


They have been known to lie! :D
SQUACKEE
 
Posts: 12885
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby Conor Dary » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:29 am

malmo wrote:Hello, McFly. Joe the Plumber never said he was going to buy the business, it was a rhetorical, IF he bought the business.

Got it?

Obama's Campaign Treasurer.
http://webofdeception.com/nesbitt.html


If, if, if... If he bought the business he would have benefited more under Obama! So why is McCain pushing this story?

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plan ... pping.aspx

"I mention the Bradley effect because I think, too, that McCain and Sarah Palin's attack against Obama for advocating "spreading the wealth" and for "socialism" and for pronouncing the civil rights revolution a "tragedy" because it didn't deal with the distribution of wealth is aimed ultimately at white working class undecided voters who would construe "spreading the wealth" as giving their money to blacks. It's the latest version of Reagan's "welfare queen" argument from 1980. It if it works, it won't be because most white Americans actually oppose a progressive income tax, but because they fear that Obama will inordinately favor blacks over them. I don't doubt that this argument will have some effect, but I suspect it's too late and that worries about McCain and Republican handling of the economy will overshadow these concerns."
Conor Dary
 
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby Conor Dary » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:33 am

malmo wrote:

Obama's Campaign Treasurer.
http://webofdeception.com/nesbitt.html


I looked at this link. And so... Where is the original? How did you find it? Is there a story? Inquiring minds want to know.
Conor Dary
 
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby SQUACKEE » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:33 am

If Joe is a plant who's mission is to embarress Obama then have at him otherwise.......
SQUACKEE
 
Posts: 12885
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby bad hammy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:44 am

malmo wrote:Hello, McFly. Joe the Plumber never said he was going to buy the business, it was a rhetorical, IF he bought the business.

Got it?

Got it, plain as day . . .

Obama: What's your name?

Joe: My name's Joe Wurzelbacher.

Obama: Good to see you, Joe.

Joe: I'm getting ready to buy a company that makes about $250,000 … $270-$280,000 a year.

. . . .

Joe: Well, the reason why I ask you about the American Dream I mean, I work hard. I'm a plumber, I work 10-12 hours a day …

Obama: Absolutely.

Joe: … and I'm, you know, buying this company and I'm gonna continue to work that way. Now, if I buy another truck and adding something else to it and, you know, build the company, you know, I'm getting taxed more and more while fulfilling the American Dream.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/perspectiv ... 858299.ece
bad hammy
 
Posts: 10880
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby Daisy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:50 am

SQUACKEE wrote:If Joe is a plant who's mission is to embarress Obama then have at him otherwise.......


I'm not sure this has anything to do with him being a plant. I am sure he is not. The reason the press are interviewing him is that McCain is using him. Blame McCain not the press.

I think the press should be allowed to explore the validity of his premise. Would a plumber who buys a business making $250,000 a year (and growing) be worse under Obama's tax plan? Clearly he would not, does Joe know this or not? I assume that is why the press want to interview him, he seems to be confused about the real tax plan. Is that not legitimate?
Daisy
 
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby gh » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:52 am

http://webofdeception.com

Isn't that part of the Matt Marriott family of websites?
gh
 
Posts: 46302
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Postby Daisy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:53 am

gh wrote:http://webofdeception.com

Isn't that part of the Matt Marriott family of websites?


I don't think so. Matts's are formatted not text dumps.
Daisy
 
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby guru » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:54 am

gh wrote:http://webofdeception.com

Isn't that part of the Matt Marriott family of websites?



It's not exactly the Santa Monica freeway that's for sure.

http://www.quantcast.com/webofdeception.com
guru
 
Posts: 10265
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Strava, racking KOMs https://tinyurl.com/qf2ntch

Postby jazzcyclist » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:17 am

bad hammy wrote:
malmo wrote:Hello, McFly. Joe the Plumber never said he was going to buy the business, it was a rhetorical, IF he bought the business.

Got it?

Got it, plain as day . . .

Obama: What's your name?

Joe: My name's Joe Wurzelbacher.

Obama: Good to see you, Joe.

Joe: I'm getting ready to buy a company that makes about $250,000 … $270-$280,000 a year.

. . . .

Joe: Well, the reason why I ask you about the American Dream I mean, I work hard. I'm a plumber, I work 10-12 hours a day …

Obama: Absolutely.

Joe: … and I'm, you know, buying this company and I'm gonna continue to work that way. Now, if I buy another truck and adding something else to it and, you know, build the company, you know, I'm getting taxed more and more while fulfilling the American Dream.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/perspectiv ... 858299.ece

Kudos to bh. Some people just won't let the facts get in the way of their story. :P
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10857
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby SQUACKEE » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:23 am

Daisy wrote:
SQUACKEE wrote:If Joe is a plant who's mission is to embarress Obama then have at him otherwise.......


I'm not sure this has anything to do with him being a plant. I am sure he is not. The reason the press are interviewing him is that McCain is using him. Blame McCain not the press.

I think the press should be allowed to explore the validity of his premise. Would a plumber who buys a business making $250,000 a year (and growing) be worse under Obama's tax plan? Clearly he would not, does Joe know this or not? I assume that is why the press want to interview him, he seems to be confused about the real tax plan. Is that not legitimate?


I see your point. What i am saying is the right used Joe has a tool and the left demonized him but this election is not about whether a guy named Joe is licensed or not.
SQUACKEE
 
Posts: 12885
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby jazzcyclist » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:27 am

malmo wrote:I'm more worried about the presidential candidate that was plucked from obscurity.

Those of you who question Obama's readiness, are really questioning the people's judgement since they picked Obama, not Obama himself, and isn't "government of the people" the basis for democracy? However, those of us who are questioning Palin's readiness are questioning McCain's judgement, since he's the one that picked her.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10857
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby Conor Dary » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:56 am

SQUACKEE wrote:
Daisy wrote:
SQUACKEE wrote:If Joe is a plant who's mission is to embarress Obama then have at him otherwise.......


I'm not sure this has anything to do with him being a plant. I am sure he is not. The reason the press are interviewing him is that McCain is using him. Blame McCain not the press.

I think the press should be allowed to explore the validity of his premise. Would a plumber who buys a business making $250,000 a year (and growing) be worse under Obama's tax plan? Clearly he would not, does Joe know this or not? I assume that is why the press want to interview him, he seems to be confused about the real tax plan. Is that not legitimate?


I see your point. What i am saying is the right used Joe has a tool and the left demonized him but this election is not about whether a guy named Joe is licensed or not.


Who on the 'left' demonized him? Be specific. Pointing out flaws in a story is not demonizing. Just good reporting.

This is similar to the nonsense the wingnuts put out that the 'left' was demonizing Palin for pointing out that pretty much everything in her story was false.
Conor Dary
 
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby lonewolf » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:46 pm

malmo, this time, you da man!!
lonewolf
 
Posts: 8813
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Indian Territory


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest