Carl on Bolt...si.com

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Postby rudeboy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:28 am

I would like for the IOC and other bodies to reveal all drug tests performed on Usain Bolt from September 2007 to present. They need to reveal dates and time of all tests. Also, they need to show the chart of the tests to reveal to the public any fluctuations in his blood profile.
rudeboy

Postby eldrick » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:29 am

Carl tested +ve for 3 stimulants found in a cold remedy

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_onl ... /04/15/sc/

At the 1988 Olympic trials he tested positive three times for small amounts of banned stimulants found in cold medications: pseudoephedrine, ephedrine and phenylpropanolamine

2 of those stimulants are no longer on the prohibited list

http://www.canoeicf.com/site/canoeint/i ... ist_En.pdf

The following substances included in the 2008 Monitoring Program (bupropion, caffeine, phenylephrine, phenylpropanolamine, pipradol, pseudoephedrine, synephrine) are not considered as Prohibited Substances.

the third one, ephedrine, is not banned if used in small amounts ( amounts likely in doses of cold remedies )

Each of ephedrine and methylephedrine is prohibited when its concentration in urine is greater than 10 micrograms per milliliter.

if those tests were done not in '88 but today with 20y of more medical knowledge on doping ( & much greater emphasise on dope-testing ) he woud have almost certainly had no +ve test at all & therefore no story

posters shoud stop getting their knickers in a twist about his dope-tests - he almost certainly woudn't have had a +ve in this day & age under wada rules/list
eldrick

Postby az2004 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:03 am

carl is such a whiner, just like his singing...

bolt doesn't need to protect himself from this innuendo ....

i'm sure bolt will see MORE off season testing this winter into spring, than he saw in the past...

if he suddenly becomes a 10 flat 20 flat sprinter, then we might want to look into things with a more questioning eye....

but as of now, bolt is clean
az2004

Carl on Bolt ...si.com

Postby Frans Rutten » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:04 am

First my own opinion:
I probably saw all the 100m and 200m olympic finals live since 1964.
Except this year. I preferred to do my own cycling training on the road.
I did see what was coming especially in the 200m and didn't want to get embarassed. As I also was with Michael Johnson that day.
Athletics has been by far the most scrutinized important sport of all time.
And not only women's athletics in the so-called eighties.

I agree with Carl Lewis call for scrutiny of sprint sensation Usain Bolt , when it means that you cannot simply believe unconditionally such exploits anymore.

The progress of Usain Bolt and other Jamaican competitors is way out of line.
Only a.o. in line with the late Florence Griffith-Joyner, partly Ben Johnson and
as a cross-over Heike Drechsler, who as a 16 year old girl would have topped a bronze medal in Beijing not bothered by almost 30 years world athletic progress. And still made a progress of almost 2 feet in her career.
Virtual putting all her jumps beyond the gold medal mark in Beijing at a row it would have trailed the competition in Beijing half a day.
This is one of the most amazing records of all time what can be done!!!!

Unfortunately we have come to the point that (sudden) extreme good performances automatically have to be judged very cautiously.

The cryouts of those who hope that Usain Bolt is clean are IMO preposterous.
The famous saying Altius, Citius, Fortius has become a tainted one.

Human physical progress is subjected to certain physical and statistical laws.
Let's stick to that.

If I believe that Carl Lewis was clean all the time? Of cause not, but as Eddy Merckx in cycling was also not, both had a extreme good foundation which they build on for a long time. So they remain my all-time heroes.
Frans Rutten

Re: Carl on Bolt...si.com

Postby bad hammy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:09 am

The moderators editing the initial post wrote:99% of post cut by mods; what is that some of you morons don't understand about copyright infringement?

Thanks for letting us know that we are all morons. That explains a lot . . .
Last edited by bad hammy on Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
bad hammy

Carl on Bolt ...si.com

Postby Frans Rutten » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:11 am

Jaack wrote:Speaking of age lists, is there any place to find a comprehensive list of all-time age records?
Cheers

www.apulanta.fi/matti/yu/aars_Men.html
Frans Rutten

Re: Carl on Bolt ...si.com

Postby LopenUupunut » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:29 am

Frans Rutten wrote:
Jaack wrote:Speaking of age lists, is there any place to find a comprehensive list of all-time age records?
Cheers

www.apulanta.fi/matti/yu/aars_Men.html

A site which, I see, has stolen from pela2 the amazing news that 50-year-old Gennadiy Valyukevich jumped 17.25 in Moscow this summer... mind you, pela2 has that as an ancillary jump, the supposedly even better mark is for some reason nowhere to be seen :wink:
LopenUupunut

Previous