Romania Drops Vasiloiu and Antoci (Hemoglobin Levels)

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Romania Drops Vasiloiu and Antoci (Hemoglobin Levels)

Postby EPelle » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:41 am

http://www.reuters.com/article/GCA-Olym ... 6720080731

Morariu said samples from both athletes showed too high a concentration of hemoglobin in their blood.

"We are waiting now, together with the Romanian Athletics Federation (FRA), for the results of the second sample in order to decide the (period of the) suspension," Morariu said.
EPelle

Postby Jon » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am

Vasiloiu only turned 20yo this year too - talk about starting your career off on the wrong foot! Steph Twell should be the 2007 Euro Junior Champ.
Jon

Postby rasb » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:31 pm

Does anybody have any more details on this story? Are they referring to Hematocrit, rather than Hemaglobin levels? The former is the preferred measure, I believe. The numbers involved would be interesting to hear, but I doubt they will become public knowledge.
rasb

Postby jumplove » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:21 pm

http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discuss ... ight=hodos

I ve been pointing this all along. These 2 ladies are coached by the same coach as Dumbraveanu and Popescu, both suspended one month ago. Also I think that are all managed by the same manager who has an amazing high record of positive athlete he "represents" IAAF authorized.

Details about the story, from the local press.

These 2 ladies came from the Balcanic games and had a random medical circuit in Bucharest. Even though the medical circuit did not had the same value as a doping test, the doctors who made the blood analysis warned the Olympic Romanian Committee and the federation about the amazing high hemoglobin levels. The track and field federation doctor Conea made up some silly reasons for that and tried to minimize the issue. The Romanian Olympic Committee asked for a Lausanne doping laboratory to take over the sample and analyze them before getting these 2 cheaters in the plane to Beijing. The results came with EPO traces, positive A but it seems these 2 "ladies" are still hoping to get away with it when the B sample will arrive.
jumplove