Viagra Article on Front Page


This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Viagra Article on Front Page

Postby Kevin Richardson » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:22 am

Have we now reached the point where we are simply looking for PED issues? Yes, Viagra will have an enhanced blood flow effect on, well everything attached to the circulatory system. So will a number of othe substances one can purchase legally. But given the plethora of real drug issues we face, is this something we want to take on? :?
Kevin Richardson
 
Posts: 901
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, Alabama

Postby Marlow » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:28 am

Oh dear, I have a feeling this thread is going to get very large, very fast. It will be a stiff test to see if we can avoid any bad jokes.
Marlow
 
Posts: 21119
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Postby AthleticsInBritain » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:34 am

How anyone can deny it's a performance enhancing drug I don't know. The type of performance is up for debate though! Might be a disadvantage in the pole vault ...
AthleticsInBritain
 
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:01 am
Location: Liverpool, UK

Postby Seeksreal » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:10 am

AthleticsInBritain wrote:How anyone can deny it's a performance enhancing drug I don't know. The type of performance is up for debate though! Might be a disadvantage in the pole vault ...

Yes, having to manage two poles at the same time may be a big challenge for some.
Seeksreal
 
Posts: 469
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby SQUACKEE » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:12 am

In the high jump the western roll would be such a disadvantage...well depending of course. 8)
SQUACKEE
 
Posts: 12885
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby Mennisco » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:14 am

Seeksreal wrote:Yes, having to manage two poles at the same time may be a big challenge for some.


Can I raise the bar and call it a stiff challenge?

In a more serious vein, does lower blood pressure come into the argument surrounding the little blue pill?
Last edited by Mennisco on Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mennisco
 
Posts: 4110
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Canada

Postby Seeksreal » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:41 am

Mennisco wrote:
Seeksreal wrote:Yes, having to manage two poles at the same time may be a big challenge for some.


Can I raise the bar and call it a stiff challenge?

I hope you can both raise it and keep it up... and if you're having trouble with that, there is always viagra! :lol:
Seeksreal
 
Posts: 469
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby dukehjsteve » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:45 am

How about the old joke of:

well, let's clean the joke up by going "Jeopardy! style" and posting the answer:

bubble gum
dukehjsteve
 
Posts: 6057
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Fishers, IN

Postby AthleticsInBritain » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:51 am

Is that a relay baton in your lycra or are you just really pleased to see me?
AthleticsInBritain
 
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:01 am
Location: Liverpool, UK

Postby dukehjsteve » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:53 am

SQUACKEE wrote:In the high jump the western roll would be such a disadvantage...well depending of course. 8)


A personal situation such as we are alluding to is no time to FLOP ! Better, just DIVE in !
dukehjsteve
 
Posts: 6057
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Fishers, IN

Postby jeremyp » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:58 am

Could be useful in photo finish! A potential disaster in relays, and I'm not even getting into the pole vault!
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4542
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Postby Kevin Richardson » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:09 pm

I really should have known better. I thought I was being at least a little serious, but it was like throwing raw meat into a bear cage. :oops:

This could bring back the old gender testing issue, given the sleek suits ladies wear these days. :shock:
Kevin Richardson
 
Posts: 901
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, Alabama

Postby Marlow » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:34 pm

Kevin Richardson wrote:I really should have known better. I thought I was being at least a little serious, but it was like throwing raw meat into a bear cage. :oops:
This could bring back the old gender testing issue, given the sleek suits ladies wear these days. :shock:

I tried to warn you! :wink:
I read the article and found this to be at the heart of the matter:
Studies conducted two years ago on a group of elite cyclists showed that Viagra taken at altitude produced a marked improvement - up to 15 per cent faster time trials - by 45 per cent of those who took the drug. But at sea level the drug shows no benefit. Still, athletes desperate to find the smallest advantage, don't take notice of the fine print.


So I what I take from this is - Viagra makes you 'quicker' (as it were) at altitude, but when you go down, you slow down again, ergo, it sounds like we all need to do altitude training with it and then back to sea level to achieve a 'slowdown' in the performance. Yes? I hope I have kept this devoid of any double entendre!
Marlow
 
Posts: 21119
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: Viagra Article on Front Page

Postby jamese1045 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:07 pm

Kevin Richardson wrote:Have we now reached the point where we are simply looking for PED issues? Yes, Viagra will have an enhanced blood flow effect on, well everything attached to the circulatory system. So will a number of othe substances one can purchase legally. But given the plethora of real drug issues we face, is this something we want to take on? :?


I have heard some women of firm opinions insert that they do NOT want any traffic with men who need artificial stimulants in pl;ace of natural ardor... or words to that effect. I am unsure of the politics of this position.
jamese1045
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:18 pm

Postby tandfman » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:18 am

Another article on this substance.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008 ... 314257.htm

Robin Parisotto helped develop the test to detect the illegal EPO and he'd like to see the use of Viagra by athletes banned. . . . "Beijing will probably be remembered for the abuse of legal drugs like Viagra," Mr Parisotto warns. . . . "Any physical activity that goes for longer than say two minutes would be a beneficiary of something like Viagra just like the normal blood doping drugs are," he said.
tandfman
 
Posts: 15043
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron