[alleged] List of specific drugs purchased by Maurice Greene

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

[alleged] List of specific drugs purchased by Maurice Greene

Postby Speedbuff » Sun May 18, 2008 7:07 pm

Ex-Track Coach's Trial Raises Unseemly Issues
Washington Post
Monday, May 19, 2008

More pain may be yet to come.

The biggest name to surface in the run-up to the Graham trial has been Maurice Greene, the former 100-meter champion world record holder who won two gold medals at the 2000 Olympics. Heredia told investigators Greene wired him $14,000 in 2003 for a massive assortment of performance-enhancing substances: testosterone cream, a peptide hormone called Gonadorelin, adrenalin, erythropoietin, human growth hormone and injectable IGF-1, according to his December 2006 interview with Novitzky and other agents, a copy of which The Washington Post obtained.

He claimed Greene "got scared" in 2004 and stopped working with him, but that he remained in touch with Greene's coach, John Smith, until days before the interview.

Greene, who never flunked a drug test, has denied using drugs and the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), the world track and field governing body, has stood by him. Greene's attorney, Emanuel Hudson, denied the allegations when contacted about them in January, calling them "ludicrous," but has not returned recent calls.

Link to full article is below:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02260.html
Speedbuff

Postby AthleticsInBritain » Wed May 21, 2008 3:46 pm

Sounds like the paper trail is hard to dispute, unfortunately. :(

It's quite an impressive alleged cocktail, isn't it?
AthleticsInBritain

Postby Kevin Richardson » Thu May 22, 2008 5:12 am

It really makes you appreciate the number of young sprint stars who look downright gaunt. I wish I could say that this latest revelation surprised me, but I cannot.

The flip side is, though, that our sport is exhibiting the willingness to gore our own bulls in the interest of ridding the sport of drug use.

Baseball, despite a rash of former studs with low batting averages, the average fast ball down a few miles an hour over two years ago, and many more injuries to players past 30, still do not recognize the level of their problem.

And don't start me on NFL/NHL/NBA...... :roll:
Kevin Richardson

Postby Sirrah » Thu May 22, 2008 6:59 am

Unless he kept a copy of the wire transfer with Mo Greene's signature on it, or the signature of someone closely connected to him, there is no proof. And with the exception of Greene, all of the people he claims to have supplied with peds were commonly known dirty athletes.
Sirrah

Postby EPelle » Thu May 22, 2008 8:04 am

Pettigrew wasn:t -- not in open circles, at least.
EPelle