Chambers and Conte to reveal all???

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Chambers and Conte to reveal all???

Postby knockout » Thu May 15, 2008 8:49 am

BBC website posted a very interesting article this afternoon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/athletics/7403158.stm

Conte has provided Chambers with a detailed list of what he was taking, how much he was taking and when he was taking it.
knockout

Postby Flumpy » Thu May 15, 2008 8:57 am

But we don't care about that. We want to know who sent him to Conte in the first place???
Flumpy

Postby Jaack » Thu May 15, 2008 9:19 am

Whilst he is a snake and cannot be trusted, his USADA stats are scary- and given the whole Jerome Young incident pre-Sydney, It seems more than possible that they are turning a blind eye!?
Last edited by Jaack on Thu May 15, 2008 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jaack

Postby tandfman » Thu May 15, 2008 9:21 am

That's quite an incredible narration. I wonder if he has provided similar information to WADA and USADA regarding other athletes.
tandfman

Postby Cooter Brown » Thu May 15, 2008 9:39 am

Sweet, now i know how to dope properly. Great article! Watch out master's T&F in 5 years!
Cooter Brown

Postby 26mi235 » Thu May 15, 2008 10:58 am

I am not 'totally convinced' by Conte, and I would presume that I am not alone. He is, above everything else, a self-promoter. I think that he overstates the case because doing so makes him look like he knows so much about how everything works, organizationally and physiologically. I have my doubts on a few specific things that raise the BS meter a bit.

First, I think his coverage for the t/e ratio test is not so bullet proof. As I understand it, the t/e ratio is not the only test used and that the more expensive test for exogenous testosterone would not be fooled by his method. This other test was what nailed Landis (cycling) and was given to Gatlin as well, and use of the test did not arise as a follow up of the t/e.

Next, he said that WADA/USADA should use the fourth quarter and the they started to do so then backed off. However, if you use some strategy as a testing agency, you might do precisely what they have done. They increased the Q4 tests, and maybe people changed their timing, then they back off and do they change their timing again for the next cycle or will the testing frequency change again?
26mi235