IOC Will Act on Positive "A" Samples, Suspend

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

IOC Will Act on Positive "A" Samples, Suspend

Postby EPelle » Thu May 15, 2008 2:16 am

IOC President Jacques Rogge also has announced that suspensions will be implemented after a positive A-sample. In the past they have waited until the B-sample has been analyzed before confirming a positive test. That is another twist in the battle to catch cheats under the World Anti Doping Code.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/cbc/080514/s ... gs_conte_1

An interesting look into purported test-evasion:

"They fill up their own cell phones so that when the testers call it says. 'Sorry, the mailbox is full, you can't leave a message.' Then the testers call other numbers. By the time they show up the athletes are clear, and they test negative. What's the worst consequence? It's a missed test."
EPelle

Postby proofs in the pudd'in » Mon May 26, 2008 10:45 am

Conte says there are others ("less than 10") who used "The Clear" whose names have never been revealed and some are world champions. Unless they tell lies about him he says he will not reveal their names.

So much for cleaning up the sport!!!
proofs in the pudd'in

Postby Kevin Richardson » Mon May 26, 2008 2:30 pm

I doubt that anyone thinks we have cleaned out the hive, but keep in mind that this is Victor Conte we are talking about. When the spotlight finds someone else, he craves it back. Very difficult to take anything he says as gospel, by itself.
Kevin Richardson

Postby Track fan » Mon May 26, 2008 2:55 pm

I agree he the pharmaceutical version of Ben Johnson... :lol: :o :roll:
Track fan

Postby Kevin Richardson » Tue May 27, 2008 7:02 am

The part of the Ben Johnson story that still amuses me, is what I read in "Game of Shadows". The big surprise was that Ben tested positive for Nandrolone, because that is not what he was using.
Kevin Richardson