Lesson(s) Learned?

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Lesson(s) Learned?

Postby ZZrunZZ » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:16 pm

Now that Marion has been sentenced to a minimum security facility to "pay" for her mistakes:

Can anyone post a link to the Nike press release(s) where they comment on their former star athlete? I'm having trouble locating one/any. I'm curious to learn how they didn't know she was using steriods leading up to and after Sydney. hmmm.......

Has USATF ever apologized to the T&F community for using Regina Jacobs, Tim Montgomery, Marion Jones (among others) as their marketing/promotion "stars". Or were they, like Nike, unaware of the nature of these athletes "training" programs? hmmm.......

Just wondering.
ZZrunZZ

Postby Friar » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:15 pm

There will be no apology. Probably just the standard disclaimer. That their sponsored athletes are all tested frequently and if nothing is found they are assumed to be non-users and clean.
Friar

Re: Lesson(s) Learned?

Postby EPelle » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:18 am

ZZrunZZ wrote:Can anyone post a link to the Nike press release(s) where they comment on their former star athlete? I'm having trouble locating one/any. I'm curious to learn how they didn't know she was using steriods leading up to and after Sydney. hmmm.......

http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discuss ... p?p=404055
EPelle