What is the truth? When did you stop believing in Marion?

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

What is the truth? When did you stop believing in Marion?

Postby cheetahtrack » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:32 pm

I've been reading all of the threads and it appears the only thing Marion's confession has done is muddied the water even more. She still isn't telling the truth and neither is anyone that has ever been associated with Sprint Capitol. There are a lot of other people that need to be catching heat too but they don't have the guts to come forward.

Is there anyone else on here who wants to get rid of the people killing the sport? Is there anyone else on here that wants to tell the truth about how elite track and field has been running for the last decade? Let's get a discussion going about how we are going to rescue this sinking ship before more information comes out. Trust me there is more.

I have been reluctant to make statements on the board in the past because I would have been accused of spreading rumor. Now that the cat is out of the bag, I feel a bit freer to talk but I'll point you to my blog http://www.firefilmz.com. Go to the blog link or directly at http://www.firefilmz.com/blogger.html to read what I have to say without fear of breaking the rules on the board.

As far as this thread is concerned, when did you first realize that something was seriously wrong in Raleigh? Did you ever believe Trevor was such a great coach without using enhancements?

Vince "Ed" Clark, Authorized Athlete Representative :(
Clark-Denisoff
Los Angeles - Raleigh
cheetahtrack

Postby BruceFlorman » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:13 pm

Wow ... some strong stuff you wrote there. I'm not sure if I've got a clear grasp of what you would propose as the "chemotherapy" for T&F though.

I'm also doubtful that anyone at Nike or any other shoe company is likely to step forward and say they're sorry for creating or contributing to the current sad state of affairs. The guilty probably aren't even admitting to themselves that they're guilty yet, so they'll never admit it to others. On the other hand, if you can come up with a way for the big sponsors to behave that would improve the situation, and then frame it in such a way that they can claim "we're taking the lead in promoting genuinely clean and healthy competition", then you'd have something. Got any suggestions along those lines?
BruceFlorman

Chemo

Postby cheetahtrack » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:49 am

One of my forms of chemotherapy would for IAAF, USATF, JAAA,UK Athletics or any federation ban coaches, agents, shoe companies, hangers on from the sport if they have worked with athletes who have been banned. It is not a right to compete for a medal. Don't think for a second that any of those people don't know if their athlete is taking PED's. Don't always put all of the blame on the athlete.

Another would be to only allow athletes to enter Nationals as a part of a real club/team (not Nike or adidas more like the Chapel Hill Godiva Track Club) or the individual USATF state federations send teams to the championships. That way the state federations have something to do other than JO's. There no need to have a separate club championship it needs to be contested at Nationals.

Let corporations sponsor the championships not run it. I don't ever recall going to an NBA game to watch the Charlotte Bank of Americas v. the New York Nikes.

I could go on all day but I think you get me drift. You have to take out the incentive to cheat as best as you can. Right now, the scandalous run the sport. Be steadfast and root them out.
cheetahtrack

Postby Mats Nilsson » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:51 am

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by Mats Nilsson on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mats Nilsson

Postby eldrick » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:02 am

Mats Nilsson wrote:Pretty much all Europeans realized she was dirty when her husband was caught. It was a freaking no-brainer. We were not wearing any red-blue-white goggles, whicm made it easy to see through all the lies and hypocrisy.

speak for yourself

most "civilised" people, tend not to convict someone on basis of "guilt by association", but wait for some hard evidence : a +ve test
eldrick

Postby SQUACKEE » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:05 am

Since i suspect 90% of elite sprinters have been taking something illegal as soon as these PEDS were avaliable my answer is since day one.

Unfortunatly i am helpless to fight the urge to believe my new law- Elite sprinters today are quilty until proven clean, sorry
SQUACKEE

Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby SQUACKEE » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:07 am

eldrick wrote:
Mats Nilsson wrote:Pretty much all Europeans realized she was dirty when her husband was caught. It was a freaking no-brainer. We were not wearing any red-blue-white goggles, whicm made it easy to see through all the lies and hypocrisy.

speak for yourself

most "civilised" people, tend not to convict someone on basis of "guilt by association", but wait for some hard evidence : a +ve test

I wouldnt convict anyone , nor single anyone out. I can only be honest in how bad i think the PED problem is. I hope im wrong.
SQUACKEE

Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby gm » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:32 am

That's rich coming from a Swede.
gm

Postby Mats Nilsson » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:21 pm

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by Mats Nilsson on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mats Nilsson

Postby Mats Nilsson » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:53 am

Last edited by Mats Nilsson on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mats Nilsson

Postby eldrick » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:23 am

not for a country which apparently hasn't moved on from the

judge roy bean

school of thinking when it comes to the mention of doping & sportsmen
eldrick