Sally Jenkins on Jones

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Sally Jenkins on Jones

Postby 26mi235 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:32 am

I thought I remembered that Sally Jenkins was harsh on doping, but she has a different impression on Jones than voiced by most here (and elsewhere). However, I might be mis-remembering and maybe she is 'easy' on doping.

"I waited on the courthouse steps for John Dillinger, but instead out came a young woman in a pink collar and pinstripe suit, trying to look brave."

(see link on home page)
26mi235

Postby MJD » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:24 am

Stunning. Just stunning. I have always said that Jenkins has no cred on basically anything and the fact that she would print this trash after writing the following earlier:

"I'll say it straight out: I believe Marion Jones when she says she's innocent, based on what is a persuasive piece of evidence in her favor. In the last four years, Jones has not gotten faster. She's gotten slower. Whatever Jones may be taking, it isn't performance enhancing."

From the article:

""I want to ask for your forgiveness for my actions and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me," she said. Personally, she has mine."

No one with an IQ above room temperature bought any of that courthouse steps nonsense. Jenkins is a fool and should get out of the business.
MJD

Postby jazzcyclist » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:19 am

MJD wrote:Stunning. Just stunning. I have always said that Jenkins has no cred on basically anything and the fact that she would print this trash after writing the following earlier:

"I'll say it straight out: I believe Marion Jones when she says she's innocent, based on what is a persuasive piece of evidence in her favor. In the last four years, Jones has not gotten faster. She's gotten slower. Whatever Jones may be taking, it isn't performance enhancing."

From the article:

""I want to ask for your forgiveness for my actions and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me," she said. Personally, she has mine."

No one with an IQ above room temperature bought any of that courthouse steps nonsense. Jenkins is a fool and should get out of the business.

Amen! She gives open-minded a bad name.
jazzcyclist