VOTE FOR TRACK- Your action is needed

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

VOTE FOR TRACK- Your action is needed

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:48 am

Vote for USA Track Champs as what excites you most at www.knbr.com!!!!!!!! We are tied for last with NHL Finals. Take 30 seconds. Little things like this get us more coverage!!!! Do it. knbr is also helping sponsor teh Oracle meet at stanford. Everything helps. Thanks.

Re: VOTE FOR TRACK- Your action is needed

Postby jsquire » Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:54 am

Looks like it works! Right now we're at 53%, while second is 14%!
jsquire

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:49 am

Yeh, that radiostation is really going to have a warmnfuzzy spot in it's heart for t&f after the process is hijacked by a specialinterest group. Will only solidify in their mind the sports' image as a bunch of losers.

Postby 1.97hjsteve » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:42 am

How about Editorial Advice from Father Garry on this one ?!
1.97hjsteve

Postby tandfman » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:52 am

>Yeh, that radiostation is really going to have a
warmnfuzzy spot in it's heart for t&f after the process is hijacked by a special interest group.
Will only solidify in their mind the sports' image as a bunch of losers.<

Actually, it seems to me that the radio station will be pleased by this. After all, they're one of the local sponsors of the T&F championships, and presumably they're not sponsoring the NBA Finals, the Stanley Cup or the other stuff on that ballot. So why would they care if a bunch of us are hyping interest in an event they're involved with?

Moreover, as long as that poll is up on the web, every single non-track voter is going to see those big numbers popping up for an event which, in many cases, was not on their screen at all. That has got to increase interest in the area on the part of the general sports fan.

Worst case--the "hijacking" becomes an issue on the radio station or its website or even in the public at large. Again, that works for me--again, more poeple becoming aware of the event. They then start reading about it (remember the Oracle meet is this weekend at the same track). Perhaps some of them end up going to the meet.

Getting more publicity for track and field. THAT is what life is really about. Get with the program.
tandfman

Postby tandfman » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:54 am

>How about Editorial Advice from Father Garry on
this one ?!<

Just to resolve any confusion arising from the sequence of postings, let me make it clear that I am not Garry. (Nor is he my father.)
tandfman

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:32 am

Great job, guys. They just removed the poll. Could it be that a group of nerds stuffing the ballot box pissed them off?

Postby trackstar » Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:34 am

Fine. Web polls are stupid anyway. Just an excuse for media companies to do something other than actually report the news.
trackstar

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:46 am

scientific survey sampling says!!!

polls are just advertising.