Canadians To Ban 50 Cent?

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Canadians To Ban 50 Cent?

Postby gh » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:56 pm

gh

Postby DrJay » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:10 pm

So Garry, is this sort of like bear-baiting, where you throw out these little jewel-of-an-articles then sit back and watch while we go at each other about racism and terrorism and gun control, etc? :) Just checking.
DrJay

Postby SQUACKEE » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:17 pm

DrJay wrote:So Garry, is this sort of like bear-baiting, where you throw out these little jewel-of-an-articles then sit back and watch while we go at each other about racism and terrorism and gun control, etc? :) Just checking.

and eventually deletes our ass!!!
SQUACKEE

Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby tafnut » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:18 pm

The easiest way to deconstruct that message is to say it is NOT 'Canada' or 'Canadians', it's

Junior Foreign Minister Dan McTeague

The USA has its Pat Robertsons and Jerry Falwells. Apparently Canada has their McTeagues.

End of story.
tafnut

Postby gh » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:35 pm

OK, so I'll not try to find interesting things to spice people's day anymore.
gh

Postby DrJay » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:05 pm

Joking, Garry, I was joking. Your posts and threads are generally interesting fodder for thought and further posts and occasionally bitter disputes. Keep it up. Happy Turkey Day.
DrJay

Postby MJD » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:12 pm

tafnut wrote:The easiest way to deconstruct that message is to say it is NOT 'Canada' or 'Canadians', it's

Junior Foreign Minister Dan McTeague

The USA has its Pat Robertsons and Jerry Falwells. Apparently Canada has their McTeagues.

End of story.

What the hell are you talking about tafnut? Hardly comparable. Someone in the Liberal Party with some common sense-too bad there weren't more of them. Toronto is turning into a war zone.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/ ... orontoHome
MJD

Postby DrJay » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:23 pm

"What the hell are you talking about tafnut?"

See, it's started, four-letter words and all.
DrJay

Postby cullman » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:25 pm

There is an election in the near future so there is going to be a lot of political hay being turned over.

cman
cullman

Postby Daisy » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:29 pm

MJD wrote:What the hell are you talking about tafnut?

Have to agree with this. If he's a violent criminal who can blame them not wanting to give the guy a visa.
Daisy

Postby guru » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:55 pm

DrJay wrote:Joking, Garry, I was joking. Your posts and threads are generally interesting fodder for thought and further posts and occasionally bitter disputes. Keep it up. Happy Turkey Day.

Jay, you should know better than to joke with someone who has the sense of humor of a congressional democrat :P
guru

Postby tafnut » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:32 pm

yikes - the M&D anti-tafnut cabal!

Sorry for my left-wing bleeding-heart, commie-pinko, running-dog, rosy-eyed, naive, too-trusting Weltanschauung, but I (apparently erroneously) believe that 50 Cent grew up in a culture when the top of the bell-curve norm was to be a bad-*ss, gangbanging mofo (not mojo, mojo). So he got himself shot up in a turf war and did some time. But the point IS, he did do his time and then he used his music to climb out of the mean streets and make something positive in his life. So we we bar the door to the 'prodigal son' or do we welcome him 'back'?

I'm so stupid I would even forgive Yusuf Islam and welcome back Cat Stevens.

Just my opinion - you can call me '2 Cent' :lol:

Even though you two have disowned me, don't worry, you're still on the Christmas card list, so you can look forward to the card with THIS on it: :wink:

http://tinyurl.com/88mo7
[scroll to bottom]
tafnut

Postby mojo » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:53 pm

Loads of Canadians can't cross into the US due to having a criminal record for very minor things. That would be most of my family. :wink: :wink:

Wow- 50 cent and AW in one thread- cool.
mojo

Postby SQUACKEE » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:09 pm

I'm so stupid I would even forgive Yusuf Islam and welcome back Cat Stevens.

i love da cat's muse but, he did condone the call for the murder of someone who had the balz to say something bad about the cat's big dog and that really pisses me off. peace train.. da da ....
SQUACKEE

Postby tafnut » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:38 pm

SQUACKEE wrote:i love da cat's muse but, he did condone the call for the murder of someone who had the balz to say something bad about the cat's big dog and that really pisses me off. peace train.. da da ....

I'm down wid ya on dat, dawg, but the man admitted he was wrong - can you dig it? If we were all judged on the stupid stuff that dribbles outta our mouths sometimes, Ida bin flushed about 13,600 posts ago! :D
tafnut

Postby EPelle » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:53 am

gh wrote:OK, so I'll not try to find interesting things to spice people's day anymore.

Wow, an EP² :o
EPelle

Postby SQUACKEE » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:07 am

tafnut wrote:
SQUACKEE wrote:i love da cat's muse but, he did condone the call for the murder of someone who had the balz to say something bad about the cat's big dog and that really pisses me off. peace train.. da da ....

I'm down wid ya on dat, dawg, but the man admitted he was wrong - can you dig it? If we were all judged on the stupid stuff that dribbles outta our mouths sometimes, Ida bin flushed about 13,600 posts ago! :D

i missed his "i was wrong speech" but did he also condem the islamic big wigs who put a death sentence on salmon rushkie ? im guessing the cat didnt want to join the salmon in hiding. im sure salmon feels much better knowing the cat says he made a little bo-bo. :shock:

i often call for people to be murdered i dont agree with. but wouldnt cha know it i usually end up saying " ahh come on im not gonna murder ya for saying something i didnt like. thats just silly. come here ya big baby." :lol:

i just wonder how salmon gets all those years back, hiding in darken basements fearing for his life. well he does have the cat's meow. :wink:

if anyone out there reading this calls for an international effort to have me butchered i want you to know that i feel no anger towards you at all as long as you say you didnt mean it later. peace
Last edited by SQUACKEE on Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
SQUACKEE

Postby tafnut » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:49 am

SQUACKEE wrote:i missed his "i was wrong speech" but did he also condem the islamic big wigs who put a death sentence on salmon rushkie ? im guessing the cat didnt want to join the salmon in hiding. im sure salmon feels much better knowing the cat says he made a little bo-bo. :shock:

I'm backing off the 'apology' statement. Having just sifted through the on-line mess, I think the effect of what he said was: Islamic law is clear - people who blaspheme Islam are subject to death. A religious ruling was given, identifiying him as a blasphemer, therefore his punishment is death.

I don't think he has recanted that original position, so I'm gonna say, no, Cat Stevens is still persona non grata. I also don't know enough about 50 Cent to say just because he's a celebrity, he's 'rehabilitated' his former inclinations.

So, in summary, tafnut ruefully regrets his previous statement and skulks back to his lair, to gnaw on turkey bones.

But Happy Thanksgiving ANYWAY! :D
tafnut

Postby Law dude » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:23 am

tafnut wrote:But the point IS, he did do his time and then he used his music to climb out of the mean streets and make something positive in his life. So we we bar the door to the 'prodigal son' or do we welcome him 'back'?

So often I see the statement "he did do his time" followed by what amounts to the conclusion that because he did his time, he should in every respect be treated by everyone like the majority of us who never committed a crime at all, much less a serious one.

To me, that's nonsense. By doing one's time, a criminal becomes entitled to live outside a penitentiary and to assume certain basic legal rights. But those rights do not include the right to be respected and welcomed by all of society. They do not include the right to live without being scorned by people who are aware of what the criminal did and who want to exercise their right not to forget. And they certainly do not include the right to enter a foreign country without that country's exercising appropriate scrutiny in acordance with its laws..
Law dude

Postby tafnut » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:31 am

Piling on - 15 yard penalty! Jeez, I retracted my position and still get bashed. I've obviously read 'The Scarlet Letter' one too many times.
tafnut

Postby mojo » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:49 am

Apparently 50 spent months in Toronto this year working on a video and spent millions of dollars in the city to do so.

Hypocritical perhaps? There is an election looming next week.
mojo

Postby SQUACKEE » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:03 am

tafnut wrote:Piling on - 15 yard penalty! Jeez, I retracted my position and still get bashed. I've obviously read 'The Scarlet Letter' one too many times.

im not a piling! im a peeling. close to 15 lbs of yellow potatoes. anybody can have an opinion, but to hear a differant view and reflect on that view and state that maybe i should look a little deeper, is the trait of a TRUE intellectual. we need more people like tafnut in the world.

have a wonderful day everybody. signing off from potato central-squack out.
Last edited by SQUACKEE on Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
SQUACKEE

Postby EPelle » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:57 am

tafnut wrote:Islamic law is clear - people who blaspheme Islam are subject to death.

Pat, you are so right here... I was often beneath the radar during college years for the outward views I had regarding this subject. Though not blasphemy, per sé, the categorical and unequivocal (sorry, Clarence Thomas) I views and statements I made regarding this religion were enough to send out agents to guard and protect my identity.

Fun and jokes aside, I am on record on a local SLO tv station as saying that OJ was guilty.
EPelle

Postby Jefferson Buffalo » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:35 am

SQUACKEE wrote:we need more people like tafnut in the world.

If we had more people like tafnut in the world, would the world have enough bandwidth? :)
Jefferson Buffalo

Postby tafnut » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:32 pm

Jefferson Buffalo wrote:If we had more people like tafnut in the world, would the world have enough bandwidth? :)

. . . 13643 . . . I have not yet begun to post!

Apropos to a 'weight discussion' we had a while back, I just ate THE BEST THANKSGIVING DINNER EVER (seriously 3000 calories, at least!), and after I clean up (mojo, are you listening?) and survive the TT (Tryptophan Trance), I'm going to waddle over to the beach and run as far as I can today!

Happy T-day!!
tafnut

Postby mojo » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:38 pm

[quote="tafnut"][quote="after I clean up (mojo, are you listening?) /quote]

Though no woman would feel the need to announce it, :roll: good on ya. 8)
mojo

Postby tafnut » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:59 pm

mojo wrote:
tafnut wrote:[quote="after I clean up (mojo, are you listening?) /quote]

My wife's favorite quote: "No man was ever shot by his wife while he was doing the dishes."

[so in your family which are you? :twisted: ]
tafnut

Postby mojo » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:06 pm

tafnut wrote:
mojo wrote:
tafnut wrote:[quote="after I clean up (mojo, are you listening?) /quote]

[so in your family which are you? :twisted: ]

I am the witiot . :D
mojo