George Bush's running track...

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

George Bush's running track...

Postby JRM » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:51 pm

Couldn't resist the thematic connection here. His "end zone" expression is priceless. Not meant to be a political thread -- just a good fun chuckle for your Monday morning. :lol:

BBC -- Door thwarts quick exit for Bush

President George W Bush tried to make a quick exit from a news conference in Beijing on Sunday - only to find himself thwarted by locked doors.

After answering just six questions from a group of US reporters, the president strode away heading towards the door.

President Bush tugged at both handles on the double doors before admitting: "I was trying to escape. Obviously, it didn't work."

BBC story (and video, too)
JRM

Re: George Bush's running track...

Postby tafnut » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:59 am

JRM wrote:President Bush tugged at both handles on the double doors before admitting: "I was trying to escape. Obviously, it didn't work."

Proof conclusive that he can run, but he can't hide!
[what's his numbers now - Ahnoldesque?]
tafnut

Postby twittering debutante » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:53 am

With the snazzy red background, it almost looks like George Bush picked the wrong door on "The Price is Right".
twittering debutante

Postby JRM » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:19 am

tafnut wrote:Proof conclusive that he can run, but he can't hide!

twittering debutante wrote:With the snazzy red background, it almost looks like George Bush picked the wrong door on "The Price is Right".

I think you mean "Let's Make a Deal"... but both are classics from the golden age of gameshows!
JRM