Female bank robber confirms Honusonthesound cell phone study

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Female bank robber confirms Honusonthesound cell phone study

Postby DrJay » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:31 am

Honusonthesound wrote, in the “time-warp WR trivia” thread:
“The other day, in a fit of disgust, I decided to identify the longest string of cars driven by women who were not talking on their cell phone. I was in a long, slow, parade of cars in both directions 'n got a chance to look carefully at hundreds of cars. The longest string was 4. Woman on phone, 4 without phone, another woman on phone. It was most often 2 or 3 between offenders.

During that whole time, I saw only 2 guys on their cell phones, creating a string that I had no way of counting.”

From today’s Denver Post:

THIEF ROBS BANKS WHILE CHATTING ON PHONE
WASHINGTON (AP) -- These days it seems that some people just can't go anywhere or do anything without a cell phone in their ear. In northern Virginia the police say they're looking for a woman who's been holding up banks while chatting on her phone.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/ ... TE=DEFAULT
DrJay

Postby bad hammy » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:46 am

Haven't paid much attention to the gender of driving cell phonists, but their driving either suffers immensely while they are on the phone, or they are just really bad drivers.
bad hammy

Postby mojo » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:11 am

bad hammy wrote:Haven't paid much attention to the gender of driving cell phonists, but their driving either suffers immensely while they are on the phone, or they are just really bad drivers.

I bet most of the women drivers on cell phones are mothers trying to keep up with what their kids are doing. Meanwhile dad has no clue. :)
mojo