Little Known Fact: Pre Killed John Lennon

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Little Known Fact: Pre Killed John Lennon

Postby bad hammy » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:49 pm

Jared Leto to play Mark David Chapman, Lindsay Lohan to costar as fake fan.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... index.html
bad hammy

Postby SQUACKEE » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:55 pm

i love the politically incorrect title! and i loved them both!!
SQUACKEE

Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

What's Wrong With You People???

Postby bad hammy » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:22 pm

I can't believe that with a great thread title like this I could only get 28 other people to look at this thread. You people make me SICK!!! :evil: :P :twisted:

Literally, I was home sick yesterday and today . . . that is why I had so much time to kill on the Berlitz guy . . . things are back OK now (just in time – I’m schedule to go see Stanley Clarke at a local jazz club in about 3 ½ hours), but you're testing my reserves, here.
bad hammy

Re: What's Wrong With You People???

Postby guru » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:39 pm

bad hammy wrote:I can't believe that with a great thread title like this I could only get 28 other people to look at this thread. You people make me SICK!!!

Lol, hate to break this to you Hammy, but may have not even been 28 people, coulda just been 2 looking at it 14 times . :P
guru

Re: What's Wrong With You People???

Postby bad hammy » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:52 pm

guru wrote:
bad hammy wrote:I can't believe that with a great thread title like this I could only get 28 other people to look at this thread. You people make me SICK!!!

Lol, hate to break this to you Hammy, but may have not even been 28 people, coulda just been 2 looking at it 14 times . :P

Yeah, I considered the idea that squackee may have fallen asleep at the keyboard and kept hitting the refresh button with his nose while snoring. :o But I am a positive thinking kind of guy - it really was 28 different people - I just was thinking bigger! I can't make up titles like that every day, and have them actually be relevant AND obtusely related to track!! This was about as good as it gets!!!
bad hammy

Postby SQUACKEE » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:43 am

stanley is the baddest bass man ive ever seen. please give me your review when you have time or if your on your death bed again. :twisted:
SQUACKEE

Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby bad hammy » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:09 am

SQUACKEE wrote:stanley is the baddest bass man ive ever seen. please give me your review when you have time or if your on your death bed again. :twisted:

Off of death bed for now.

Stanley was in fine form – what he can do with a stand-up acoustic bass is beyond belief. He travels with two young guns on the drums and keyboards. Don’t know the names, but the drummer in particular – a 22 year old - was easily holding his own with the master of the bass. A 90 minute show, seemed like about 35. We definitely wanted more. We may go back today or tomorrow – we’re checking on tickets when the box office opens in a few hours.

This is the second time in three years we have seen him at Yoshi’s here in Oakland. The first time we had seats on the lip of the stage, about four feet from SC. Last night we were about ten feet back. A great venue for jazz.
bad hammy