ITS BEEN 10 MINS. WHAT MOVIE DO YOU LOVE BUT NOT AGAIN


A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

ITS BEEN 10 MINS. WHAT MOVIE DO YOU LOVE BUT NOT AGAIN

Postby SQUACKEE » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:47 pm

ok, raging bull. so dark. so depressing

silents of the lambs. so dark so depressing.

my life. keaton with cancer. so depressing.
SQUACKEE
 
Posts: 12885
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby jhc68 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:04 pm

Million Dollar Baby is one of the great movies ever made. Great acting, great direction, a compelling script, great imagery, and only one scene that I thought didn't ring true. MDB is right up there with Schindler's LIst as a tremendous work of art that I hope I never have to see again!!!
jhc68
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Postby tafnut » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:32 pm

jhc68 wrote:Million Dollar Baby is one of the great movies ever made. Great acting, great direction, a compelling script, great imagery, and only one scene that I thought didn't ring true. MDB is right up there with Schindler's LIst as a tremendous work of art that I hope I never have to see again!!!


Maybe it was just the toll of the movie's tremendous hype, but I didn't think much of it. Hilary Swank's performance, however, was stunning, but the rest was just melodrama to me. (sorry!)
tafnut
 
Posts: 26684
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: Lost at C (-minus)

Postby lonewolf49 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:37 pm

Three good choices Squakee.. except I have to keep watching Raging Bull because a good friend and business associate had a small part ( young beautiful blond) in that move.. she still gets residuals...( got her in trouble with the IRS.. SAG reported income she never received because she failed to keep her address current. .. my accountant got her straight with the IRS twenty years later after we became associates.. she is now a middle aged brunette but still beautiful )
With her help, I was able to identify her while watching the movie.. she can't remember her screen name.. even when we watched the credits... I think she was running on fumes in those days..
lonewolf49
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby Daisy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:04 pm

the original Italian job.
Daisy
 
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby Per Andersen » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:41 pm

OK, 8 more terrific movies that I can watch over and over.

Shampoo - Warren Beatty, Julie Christie, Jack Warden. Perfect movie!
Catch-22 - Even if the book was better
The Unbearable Lightness of Being
Repo Man - Gotta love Harry Dean Stanton "Repo man is always tense"
Magnolia - The going gets weird but truly an underrated movie
High Sierra - Bogart at his best
The Misfits - Monroe, Gable and Montgomery Clift
Dial M for Murder
Per Andersen
 
Posts: 3736
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Postby SQUACKEE » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:30 am

Per Andersen wrote:OK, 8 more terrific movies that I can watch over and over.

Shampoo - Warren Beatty, Julie Christie, Jack Warden. Perfect movie!
Catch-22 - Even if the book was better
The Unbearable Lightness of Being
Repo Man - Gotta love Harry Dean Stanton "Repo man is always tense"
Magnolia - The going gets weird but truly an underrated movie
High Sierra - Bogart at his best
The Misfits - Monroe, Gable and Montgomery Clift
Dial M for Murder


someone else digs repo man!!! you have to watch repo over and over to GET it.

i own magnolia-great
SQUACKEE
 
Posts: 12885
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby eldrick » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:24 am

Rocky XIX

when stallone has to fight his great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grand-daughter
eldrick
 
Posts: 14147
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: 19th hole st andrews

Postby wineturtle » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:30 am

Daisy wrote:the original Italian job.
Image
AND
Image



and you do not want to see it again???????
wineturtle
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Astoria Queens New York

Postby Daisy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:59 am

wineturtle wrote:you do not want to see it again???????


They were in THIS movie???
Daisy
 
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby wineturtle » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:38 am

Daisy wrote:
wineturtle wrote:you do not want to see it again???????


They were in THIS movie???


I got the titles mixed up...Altee did a bunch of 'pissgetti mob-up movies and
Charlize Theron is in a new movie called Italian Job.......sorry... but the images are nice....BTW what size(pixel #'s) fits and what makes the screen spread out..
wineturtle
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Astoria Queens New York

Postby cullman » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:49 pm

wineturtle wrote:....BTW what size(pixel #'s) fits and what makes the screen spread out..


Around 600 pixels wide keeps the page from spreading but 500 loads fast and doesn't fill up the screen.

Oh yeah...back to the original question...I saw "Searching For Bobby Fisher" once and don't have to see it again. The sight of ambitious parents living vicariously through their kids is indelibly etched in my noodle.

cman
cullman
 
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: ...in training...for something...

Postby SQUACKEE » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:06 pm

cullman wrote:
wineturtle wrote:....BTW what size(pixel #'s) fits and what makes the screen spread out..


Around 600 pixels wide keeps the page from spreading but 500 loads fast and doesn't fill up the screen.

Oh yeah...back to the original question...I saw "Searching For Bobby Fisher" once and don't have to see it again. The sight of ambitious parents living vicariously through their kids is indelibly etched in my noodle.

cman


the father sucked but what a grreat movie imho
SQUACKEE
 
Posts: 12885
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby mojo » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:34 pm

Schindler's List. :(

And Old Yeller. :cry:
mojo
 
Posts: 5519
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: at the finish line freezing my butt off


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests