It's been Two days: Another movie question!

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

It's been Two days: Another movie question!

Postby mojo » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:18 am

What movie have you see more times than any other?

For me it is a tie :

Jesus Christ Superstar

The Breakfast Club

JCS- when I was a teen I was sooo into this movie! Didn't make me a Christian however. :?

Breakfast Club- one of my daughters' fav movies and it is on TV constantly. great movie!

YES I know bad hammy-Pulp Fiction for you !!! :lol:
mojo

Re: It's been Two days: Another movie question!

Postby bad hammy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:22 am

mojo wrote:YES I know bad hammy-Pulp Fiction for you !!! :lol:

Could be Hard Days Night - it had a 30-year head start . . .
bad hammy

Postby SQUACKEE » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:24 am

wizard of oz and jaws.

jaws as gone from one of the scariest movies ive ever seen to one of the funniest. but i still love it

" cage go in the water.....

you go in the cage....

sharks in the water....

our shark....

farwell and adieu you fair spanish ladies....."
SQUACKEE

Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby mojo » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:32 am

SQUACKEE wrote:wizard of oz and jaws.

jaws as gone from one of the scariest movies ive ever seen to one of the funniest. but i still love it

" cage go in the water.....

you go in the cage....

sharks in the water....

our shark....

farwell and adieu you fair spanish ladies....."

You really need to get a life. :wink:

Geez , Wizard of Oz might have to replace JCS. I have seen it many times (who hasn't?)
That movie terrified me -I saw it for the first time when I was not yet three- way too young. The witch was the scariest witch ever! :cry: :cry: :x
Thanks for bringing back a traumatic memory Squack. :twisted:
mojo

Postby asu » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:37 am

Shawshank Redemption
asu

Postby bad hammy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:43 am

mojo wrote:Geez , Wizard of Oz might have to replace JCS. I have seen it many times (who hasn't?)

I remember that as an annual TV event growing up, not to be missed. One traumatic year I was being punished for something (a regular occurrence) and was not allowed to watch the movie. I made sure to make enough noise that no one else was going to enjoy it either. (This life is all about me, after all.)

I actually have a copy on LD (that's Laser Disc, for those of you who were not cutting edge back in the late '80s/early '90s). Don't have the LD player anymore, but the album-sized LD covers make great artwork/display pieces. I guess I finally got WOOz out of my system – I never bought the DVD version.
bad hammy

ITS BEEN 10 MINS. ANOTHER MOVIE QUESTION

Postby SQUACKEE » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:52 am

what movie do you love but never wann see again?

for me raging bull. dont wanna go there again.
SQUACKEE

Postby dukehjsteve » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:55 pm

Breaking Away

The Godfather
dukehjsteve

Postby tafnut » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:02 pm

Apocalypse Now - at least a dozen times (but the catch is that I show it in my Film Analysis class as the centerpiece of the semester).
tafnut

Re: ITS BEEN 10 MINS. ANOTHER MOVIE QUESTION

Postby mojo » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:52 pm

SQUACKEE wrote:what movie do you love but never wann see again?

for me raging bull. dont wanna go there again.

Start your own thread bud!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

:wink:
mojo

Postby gh » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:35 pm

Given that I never saw it in a theater and didn't have a color TV for a long time, I think I saw Wizard of Oz about 20 times (didn't Dick Van Dyke host it at Easter for many years?) before I discovered it had both b&w and color! I nearly fell out of my chair the first time it did the switchola on me.

(I too have the laserdisc version; too bad I don't have a player anymore!)
gh

Postby Master Po » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:30 pm

Probably Casablanca more than any other, with Monty Python & the Holy Grail second. (I'm not including movies I use in my film class.)
Master Po

Postby big mac » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:59 pm

By personal choice, Zoolander and Bio Dome. For film studies, SHawshank redemption and Billy Elliot.
big mac

Postby cullman » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:39 pm

I was self-employed and worked at home to the din of old movies playing on my VCR 18 hours a day. Pat & Mike (Tracy, Hepburn), Ivanhoe (Robert and Liz Taylor), That's Entertainment Pt.1 and Encino Man got the heaviest rotation.

cman
cullman

Postby jhc68 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:59 pm

It's a toss-up:
Shawshank
MP & the Holy Grail (" run away, run away! )
Airplane!
and maybe Office Space and Goodwill Hunting
jhc68

Postby lonewolf49 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:43 pm

I cant recall that I have ever watched a movie twice ( except Raging Bull, and that was just to identify a friend who appeared in that movie. It came out the same every time)
lonewolf49

Postby Nuvoleinviaggio » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:51 am

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
The American President
And also Robin Hood (Walt Disney)

I know the dialogues so well that I could be an actress in them…
:lol:
Nuvoleinviaggio

Postby gm » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:20 am

Caddyshack, hands down.

and Taf, if I EVER had to see Apocalypse Now again I would frag myself post haste
gm

Postby tafnut » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:44 am

gm wrote:Taf, if I EVER had to see Apocalypse Now again I would frag myself post haste

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! Oh wait, wrong military movie.

AN Classic Quotes:

I hardly said a word to my wife until I said yes to a divorce.

What are they gonna say about him? What are they gonna say? That he was a kind man? That he was a wise man? That he had plans? That he had wisdom? Bullshit man!

Hey, man, you don't talk to the Colonel. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet-warrior in the classic sense.

I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving.

What do you call assassins who accuse assassins?

If that's how Kilgore fought the war I began to wonder what they really had against Kurtz. It wasn't just insanity and murder, there was enough of that to go around for everyone.

Oh man, the shit piled up so fast in Vietnam you needed wings to stay above it.

Did you know that "if" is the middle of the word "life"?

No wonder Kurtz put a weed up Command's ass. The war was being run by a bunch of four star clowns who were gonna end up giving the whole circus away.

It's a way we had over here with living with ourselves. We cut 'em in half with a machine gun and give 'em a Band-Aid. It was a lie. And the more I saw them, the more I hated lies.

You either surf or you fight.

Charlie don't surf!

Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one. Brought it up to me like room service. It was a real choice mission, and when it was over, I never wanted another.

Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you were goin' all the way. Kurtz got off the boat. He split from the whole fuckin' program.

They were gonna make me a major for this, and I wasn't even in their fuckin' army anymore.

Charlie didn't get much USO. He was dug in too deep or moving too fast. His idea of great R&R was cold rice and a little rat meat. He had only two ways home: death, or victory.

One through nine, no maybes, no supposes, no fractions. You can't travel in space, you can't go out into space, you know, without, like, you know, uh, with fractions - what are you going to land on - one-quarter, three-eighths? What are you going to do when you go from here to Venus or something? That's dialectic physics.

We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!

Terminate the Colonel. Terminate... with extreme prejudice.

You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Kurtz: Are my methods unsound?
Willard: I don't see any method . . . at all, sir.
Kurtz: I expected someone like you. What did you expect? Are you an assassin?
Willard: I'm a soldier.
Kurtz: You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

This is the way the fucking world ends. Look at this fucking shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm fucking splitting, Jack.

The crew were mostly kids. Rock & rollers with one foot in their grave.

You are fighting for the biggest nothing in history.

Someday this war's gonna end. That'd be just fine with the boys on the boat. They weren't looking for anything more than a way home. Trouble is, I'd been back there, and I knew that it just didn't exist anymore.

As for the charges against me, I am unconcerned. I am beyond their timid lying morality, and so I am beyond caring.

[apologizing for severed heads adorning Kurtz's headquarters] The heads. You're looking at the heads. Sometimes he goes too far. He's the first one to admit it.

The horror... the horror...
tafnut

Postby SQUACKEE » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:05 am

wow, mesmerizing. great writing. and delivered by truely great actors.
SQUACKEE

Postby twittering debutante » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:11 pm

Gone With The Wind--about 25 times.
twittering debutante

Postby Conor Dary » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:06 am

gh wrote:Given that I never saw it in a theater and didn't have a color TV for a long time, I think I saw Wizard of Oz about 20 times (didn't Dick Van Dyke host it at Easter for many years?) before I discovered it had both b&w and color! I nearly fell out of my chair the first time it did the switchola on me.

I too saw the WofOz many times in BW when CBS use to show it once a year. I had heard part of it was in color but I really never believed it.
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Re: It's been Two days: Another movie question!

Postby tlb747 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:20 pm

mojo wrote:What movie have you see more times than any other?

Friday.
tlb747

Postby utkvol80 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:12 pm

Easy Rider
utkvol80