Who'll Win The World Series?

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Astros or White Sox?

Astros
30%
White Sox
70%

Total votes : 10

Who'll Win The World Series?

Postby Vern » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:31 am

It must be pitching that will decide... My heart says Astros, my head says White Sox.
Vern

Postby slowcoach » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:15 am

There's no 'other' option in the poll. :lol:
slowcoach

Postby gh » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:36 am

This is probably the first Series since 1954 (when there was no such thing as a TV set in my universe) that I won't watch any. Not compelling enough, even w/ the supposedly big plotlines about the first-timers against the long-time-sincers.
gh

Postby Honusonthesound » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:57 am

What? No "Other" option? I'm still bettin' on the Yankees. They're always in this thing. Don't count 'em out. They'll surely find a way into to it. Maybe a start-over - Yanks vs. Sox. Hey, there's a first time fer everything! :wink:
Honusonthesound

Postby bad hammy » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:39 pm

I'm going out on a limb here: White Sox.
bad hammy

Postby EPelle » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:21 am

I follow baseball regularly. Must admit that 2005 season I never kept an eye on:

Angels, Giants, Royals, Mariners, Pirates nor ChiSox.

Didn:t know Freddy Garcia was ever traded from SEA... good for him 3-0 in the post-season... maybe three names tops on the ChiSox team that I recognize, including former As player Dye.
EPelle

Postby tafnut » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:50 am

Anyone else think the BoSox got A LOT more attention for their curse-busting than did the White Sox? Now, if the Cubbies win - THAT will be sumpin!
tafnut

Postby bad hammy » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:46 am

tafnut wrote:Anyone else think the BoSox got A LOT more attention for their curse-busting than did the White Sox?

The difference in attention is not surprising at all. Boston was so close, so often in comparison, and were always having to fight the dreaded Yanks, garnering a bunch more of the East Coast media attention.
bad hammy

Postby skyin' brian » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:51 am

tafnut wrote:Anyone else think the BoSox got A LOT more attention for their curse-busting than did the White Sox? Now, if the Cubbies win - THAT will be sumpin!

Well, now living in a burb of the second city and being a lifelong(23 whole years) White Sox fan I'll have you know that to the best of my knowledge the White Sox never had a curse! Sure, throw a world series in 1919(by the way they were called the Black Sox that year even before the scandal because the owners were too cheap to clean the uniforms, the nickname had nothing to do with the scandal) and only make it back once and lose again 40 years later, and then not even make back in until 46 more years, may seem like a curse, but we werent cursed, We usually had winning teams and sometimes excellent teams(we may have won in '94 if not for the strike and again, that sounds like a curse, but that is simply not so).

Only the team on the North Side is cursed, not sure if that one will ever be broken. I look forward to celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Sox beating the cubs in the fall classic next year, would be great if they met again, but with dusty baker in charge chances are slim and none. I also look forward to celebrating in 2008 a century of no Cubs WS championships :twisted:

This year watching the Sox was great, they were a team full of personality and they played an exciting brand of baseball under Ozzie.
Congrats to the World champs :D
skyin' brian

Postby Vern » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:18 pm

I'll second that. Worthy champs, the best team and got hot at the right time too.

Logic says it must be the Cubs next year then :lol:
Vern