John Lennon...


A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

John Lennon...

Postby MJD » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:16 am

...would have been 65 today. Would have put on the iPod thread but it seems to have issues.
MJD
 
Posts: 13402
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: John Lennon...

Postby Jon » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:23 am

MJD wrote:Would have put on the iPod thread but it seems to have issues.



http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/discus ... order=desc

Tip: in the URL line, it normally says "...postorder=asc"
Change the 'asc' for 'desc' and it sorts the posts in that thread in descending order.
Handy tip for the longer threads where that 'no posts exist for this topic' bug occurs.
Jon
 
Posts: 9231
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby MJD » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:16 am

How do you do that unless you add it to the URL? BY using the seacrh function? This thread, for example, is described as follows:

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/discus ... hp?t=16066

No reference to asc or desc. Actually, I thought some boards allowed one to view threads either way but I can't see how one does that here.

And, by the way, you get the same error if you do a search for gh's posts. What causes that error? It isn't the number of messages because you can search for tafnut's posts although you get the same error if you look at his oldest posts unless you switch the order like you say.
MJD
 
Posts: 13402
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Postby Jon » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:24 am

MJD wrote:How do you do that unless you add it to the URL?


If you go onto a thread that has more than one page and then click onto the next/previous page, the 'postorder' thing appears.

MJD wrote:And, by the way, you get the same error if you do a search for gh's posts. What causes that error? It isn't the number of messages because you can search for tafnut's posts although you get the same error if you look at his oldest posts unless you switch the order like you say.


Yep, I just tried and it's the same for me. Dunno why it does that - gh??
Jon
 
Posts: 9231
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby MJD » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:49 pm

Jon wrote:
MJD wrote:How do you do that unless you add it to the URL?


If you go onto a thread that has more than one page and then click onto the next/previous page, the 'postorder' thing appears.



Great tip.
MJD
 
Posts: 13402
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Postby MJD » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:46 am

Jon wrote:Yep, I just tried and it's the same for me. Dunno why it does that - gh??


It's anyone with only two initials-I just tried a few.
MJD
 
Posts: 13402
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Postby gh » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:16 am

it's the other "h"; the "b" one who answers technical questions. Not cuz I won't, but cuz I can't.
gh
 
Posts: 46319
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests