Pious Brit Alert

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Pious Brit Alert

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:31 am

I see our friends from across the water, in the best tradittion of "Jones & Montgomery should be strung up" are after Lewis with a vengeance.

Maybe they're afterthe wrong Lewis, Carl instead of Denise? How come this board isn't filled with colorful (oh, sorry, colourful) attacks on the Brit athlete who has linked up with Ekkart Arbeit, one of the architechts of the East German drug program?

Shame on their toady Canadians too, for rushing to Charlie Francis's defense then leaping all over the Carl case.

I vote for T&FNs proposed 11th Commandment: no drug talk on this board. Period.

Re: Pious Brit Alert

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:08 pm

Because , Carl Lewis failed the drug test , Carl Lewis lied about his drug use, the USOC and the IOC set the guidelines for the determination of positive and neg test criteria...... Ekkart Arbeit didn't fail any drug test ,nor robed a clean athlete of a medal at the Olympics.

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:54 pm

Oh puhleez! The DDR mädchen robed westerners of countless medals. Not our fault that our drug programs weren't up to snuff yet.

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:09 pm

OK, few people on the board will have the knowledge of german and/or history to get this, but how about giving our buddy Ekkart the tag of.... (drum roll)....

Arbeit macht snell!

entschuldigen, bitte.

Postby takeabreak » Fri Apr 25, 2003 3:57 am

I have a copy of the DDR State plan for the planning and administration of doping. Arbeit's name was literally the top of the list. His sorry arse was run out of Australia and then, last year, South Africa. But the Brits still accept him. Why would that be?
takeabreak

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:00 am

What ever Ekkart Arbeit , Charlie Francis, the Pharmacist who sold Carl's "herb tea" , the political situation in the former East Germany...USSR...Canada..., what ever association any track athlete had with any coach on this planet, what ever Ben Johnson, TG Hunter, Mary Slaney, the entire Fistini Cycling team ingested... Carl Lewis lied , broke the existing rules, took a medal he did not deserve, and the US Governing body cheated.
http://www.sportserver.com/track_field/ ... 2101c.html

Postby Guest » Tue May 06, 2003 9:17 pm

"Shame on their toady Canadians too, for rushing to Charlie Francis's defense then leaping all over the Carl case."

No, shame on you, for tarnishing all Canadians with the same brush. Good things courts don't employ that kind of logic. Ben Johnson became a pariah in this country, for your information. For every supporter he had probably 100,000 people against him. How would I know? I guess maybe because I've lived here for 43 years and saw what the press and the government did to that guy. As for East Germans, they are soooo special....check the WR in the women's 400. Then find me a national record to match. Case closed.

Postby jsquire » Wed May 07, 2003 5:53 am

>"Shame on their toady Canadians too, for rushing
>to Charlie Francis's defense then leaping all
>over the Carl case."

No, shame on you, for
>tarnishing all Canadians with the same brush.
>Good things courts don't employ that kind of
>logic. Ben Johnson became a pariah in this
>country, for your information.

Name me another nation that looked into its own cheating like the Canadians did. I'm sure there are others, but I'm not coming up with them. (Germany doesn't count; the current government has no allegiance to the old East Germany.) They're the only ones that embarrassed the IAAF into retroactively DQing an athlete (Johnson at the '87 worlds, where he passed the drug test).

By the way, even though Johnson is now officially DQed from the '87 Worlds and didn't set a WR, T&FN still lists him as ranked #1 in the 100 meters for 1987. If nothing else, it clearly shows where the self-proclaimed "Bible of the Sport" stands on the drug issue.
jsquire