To those of you who called Drummond a selfish crybaby...

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

To those of you who called Drummond a selfish crybaby...

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:34 pm

...and condemned him for "putting himself ahead of his country", WHY AREN'T YOU GIVING TIM MONTGOMERY THE SAME SHIT for leaving Paris and ditching the relay after his disappointing performance in the 100m final? Montgomery is blatantly showing that he only really care about glorifying himself in his individual event, completely disregarding the US relay team. That seems a lot more selfish than Drummond's stunt.

Re: To those of you who called Drummond a selfish crybaby...

Postby 6 5.5hjsteve » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:37 pm

Brian, I have ranted about that for 2 days now on other threads !!!!!
6 5.5hjsteve

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:26 pm

Obviously, Drummond was shocked by the Officials and their decision to DQ him. Selfishness isn't what Drummond is about, he was truly upset and angry about being DQed. Athletes are human too, and he didn't respond in the way I would have; however, he did respond in a none physically violent manner. Jon Drummond is a veteran athlete, so we all feel that he should have acted as one. Well, we are not the ones who made it into the World Championships and got kicked out of our heat.

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:31 pm

Watched it and Drummond did not DQ! It was a bad call but does not excuse his behavior. Saw an interview with him today and, yes, he is a nice guy who was cheated!

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:40 am

I agree about Montgomery. Will he be penalized in any way by USATF? Should he be? How? Have either Montgomery or Drummond jeopardized their chances of participating in the Olympics? Is Montgomery's behavior protected by Marion's aura? Just asking...