Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!


Normally open July 4th only---the one day a year when partisan politics, religion, etc. are acceptable topics on this Board (within reason). The forum is now closed.

Re: Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!

Postby odelltrclan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:46 pm

Blues wrote:
odelltrclan wrote:Ironically, in my profession, I see and have seen the charitable giving habits of many hundreds of people. In my experience, conservatives and those on the "right" are far more generous with giving their money to the poor than liberals and progressives on the "left". I think one group believes they have a personal duty while the other believes it is the government's duty.


That paragraph made me curious. Do you see ALL the different charities and causes that both groups tend to give to? Or are you only involved with one? And is there a slight chance that one group, by nature of the pool it's made up of, has more money to be able to give or has more need for a tax write-off? And do your allegedly more philanthropic conservatives also donate more of their time to try to improve conditions for those who may be less fortunate, besides simply pulling out their checkbooks?


I see both the charities given to and the amounts given. I am a CPA and have prepared thousands of tax returns over nearly 25 years now. As a whole, when comparing them side by side, the conservative group gives more of their time and money to charitable causes.

I had one client, a college professor, who was a liberal and we discussed his views, which included his desire for the government to take better care of the poor. In 10 years or so he never gave one cent to any charity other than the United Way taking about $98 of payroll deductions which I think the University, or Union he belonged to required. That is more typical than atypical. Then I see those on the other side who give to any and every cause. Tons of money. It makes me feel bad at times and I give a hefty sum myself.
Last edited by odelltrclan on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
odelltrclan
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!

Postby cullman » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:53 pm

Pego wrote:
odelltrclan wrote:I think one group believes they have a personal duty while the other believes it is the government's duty.


Yes, I am one of those that are of the opinion that the state should provide a safety net for those that for some reason or another cannot provide for themselves. Alms may make the rich feel good about themselves, but they are far from sufficient to provide such a net.

Personal duty, charity and "volunteerism" sound a lot like Herbert Hoover circa 1930. It doesn't pass the test where the rubber meets the road.
cullman
 
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: ...in training...for something...

Re: Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!

Postby odelltrclan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:56 pm

cullman wrote:
Pego wrote:
odelltrclan wrote:I think one group believes they have a personal duty while the other believes it is the government's duty.


Yes, I am one of those that are of the opinion that the state should provide a safety net for those that for some reason or another cannot provide for themselves. Alms may make the rich feel good about themselves, but they are far from sufficient to provide such a net.

Personal duty, charity and "volunteerism" sound a lot like Herbert Hoover circa 1930. It doesn't pass the test where the rubber meets the road.


In whose world?
odelltrclan
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!

Postby aaronk » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:01 pm

This was FUN!!!
A FB friend of mine.....actually a "FRIEND".......read this entire thread (I told her about it! She's a strong supporter of Sarah too...and LOVES my writings about her!!)......and said she wants to copy it onto other FB group sites supporting Sarah!
I said for her to do so!

BTW, she sent a gift.......a book about Abe Lincoln......to Sarah a few years ago.
In the paperback edition of Sarah's book, "Going Rogue", which was published in the fall of 2010, about a year after the initial hardbound edition, on pages 411-412, Sarah makes mention of my friend's gift.....and quotes from the book!!

In fact, I was the one who discovered her being mentioned, and was the first person to tell her.
She was THRILLED!! :D

Now back to the "safe" world of Track and Field!!! :shock:
aaronk
 
Posts: 3353
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!

Postby cullman » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:06 pm

odelltrclan wrote:
cullman wrote:
Pego wrote:
odelltrclan wrote:I think one group believes they have a personal duty while the other believes it is the government's duty.


Yes, I am one of those that are of the opinion that the state should provide a safety net for those that for some reason or another cannot provide for themselves. Alms may make the rich feel good about themselves, but they are far from sufficient to provide such a net.

Personal duty, charity and "volunteerism" sound a lot like Herbert Hoover circa 1930. It doesn't pass the test where the rubber meets the road.


In whose world?

In the real world of economic down turns, bank failures, tight credit etc.
cullman
 
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: ...in training...for something...

Re: Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!

Postby Daisy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:47 pm

odelltrclan wrote:in 10 years or so he never gave one cent to any charity other than the United Way taking about $98 of payroll deductions which I think the University, or Union he belonged to required. That is more typical than atypical. Then I see those on the other side who give to any and every cause. Tons of money. It makes me feel bad at times and I give a hefty sum myself.

Do you believe that all money given to charity appears on a tax form? My guess is that a lot of money is donated to charities and then not itemized for the tax man. And obviously that is true for time too.
Daisy
 
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!

Postby dustoff » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:16 pm

Let's get back to the topic.

Palin is an idiot. Pretty simple and obvious at that. Every 'respectable' (an adjective I use lightly) politician has distances him/herself from Palin. The woman was only paraded around as a response to Obama receiving the Democratic nod. It is a travesty that the Republicans thought it was a smart idea.

Worst yet, she is part of a large faction of neocons that cause the party to lose was respect people do have for it.

Guys like Ron Paul are extremely religious and are intelligent enough to realize that it has no place in politics, but unfortunately, Palin & company don't seem to understand that.
dustoff
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:58 pm

Re: Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!

Postby dustoff » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:17 pm

Daisy wrote:Do you believe that all money given to charity appears on a tax form? My guess is that a lot of money is donated to charities and then not itemized for the tax man. And obviously that is true for time too.


I would be surprised if any meaningful amount of money that is donated does not appear on a tax form.
dustoff
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:58 pm

Re: Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!

Postby Marlow » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:20 pm

dustoff wrote:Let's get back to the topic.
Palin is an idiot. Pretty simple and obvious at that.

Well, yes, that about sums it up, I guess! :twisted:
Marlow
 
Posts: 21088
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!

Postby aaronk » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:39 pm

Marlow wrote:
dustoff wrote:Let's get back to the topic.
Palin is an idiot. Pretty simple and obvious at that.

Well, yes, that about sums it up, I guess! :twisted:


What, in your opinion, constitutes an "idiot"?
I.Q.?
Grades in school?
Whether you've read Hemingway or Tolstoy.....or even know who they are?

Many people say Palin is an "idiot".
Yet she's known as an avid reader....of some quite scholarly books.
She's a college graduate. (And PLEASE don't be critical of WHICH college!! To get that far, one must be SOMEWHAT capable of reading and writing.....especially as her major was Communications!!)
She's written two books!! (Although, as i said earlier, there are people who doubt SHE wrote those best sellers!!)
Is it the way she speaks? Kinda folksy and using simple words?
Is it, perhaps, her beauty? (The idea that brains and beauty don't mix??)

Please explain to me.....in SPECIFIC FACT-BASED terms......what you mean by "Palin is an idiot."!!
aaronk
 
Posts: 3353
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!

Postby odelltrclan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Daisy wrote:
odelltrclan wrote:in 10 years or so he never gave one cent to any charity other than the United Way taking about $98 of payroll deductions which I think the University, or Union he belonged to required. That is more typical than atypical. Then I see those on the other side who give to any and every cause. Tons of money. It makes me feel bad at times and I give a hefty sum myself.

Do you believe that all money given to charity appears on a tax form? My guess is that a lot of money is donated to charities and then not itemized for the tax man. And obviously that is true for time too.


Daisy, in the real world, people are looking for every deduction they can get, and then some. I have to review donations to make sure they are to legitimate charities. Yes, every once in a while someone will try and give $100 or $200 to a family friend or something of that nature and try to claim it but can't. People are WAY WAY more apt to try to deduct more than they are entitled to than less!
odelltrclan
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!

Postby dustoff » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:55 pm

Fact based items:

1. She went to a terrible college and is generally uneducated/undereducated.
2. She graduated in one of the weakest majors that has essentially 0 intellectual rigor.
3. According to people within the McCain/Palin ticket, she had minimal knowledge of geography and world affairs.
4. She believes her religion should be in politics.
5. She is religious extremely religious. Extremely significant negative association between IQ and religiosity.
6. Lynn Vincent authored at least one of her books.
7. Couldn't name a single newspaper that she reads.
8. All of these quotes and more,
9. The entire e-mail fiasco.
dustoff
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:58 pm

Re: Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!

Postby odelltrclan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:57 pm

aaronk wrote:
Marlow wrote:
dustoff wrote:Let's get back to the topic.
Palin is an idiot. Pretty simple and obvious at that.

Well, yes, that about sums it up, I guess! :twisted:


What, in your opinion, constitutes an "idiot"?
!!


People have simply devolved into labeling derogatory names to those they don't share the same views as. Bigotry is a thriving industry in the USA and politically, if you disagree on policies, the first thing you try and do is to belittle an opponent so they appear to be discredited and people will not listen to them. Most of us probably agree or have a high degree of commonality on 95% of topics yet that 5% of differences are used to polarize and divide. Hence such labels as "idiots" are so commonly used.

Sarah Palin has probably accomplished far more in her life than virtually everyone that reads these boards. Can she say some dumb things once in awhile? Sure, who doesn't. I suspect of the hate spewed her way has to do with trying to demean her for her perceived philosophical differences and little more.
odelltrclan
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!

Postby odelltrclan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:59 pm

dustoff wrote:Fact based items:

1. She went to a terrible college and is generally uneducated/undereducated.
2. She graduated in one of the weakest majors that has essentially 0 intellectual rigor.
3. According to people within the McCain/Palin ticket, she had minimal knowledge of geography and world affairs.
4. She believes her religion should be in politics.
5. She is religious extremely religious. Extremely significant negative association between IQ and religiosity.
6. Lynn Vincent authored at least one of her books.
7. Couldn't name a single newspaper that she reads.
8. All of these quotes and more,
9. The entire e-mail fiasco.


And 10. Your really grasping at straws to try and hope something sticks and at the same time sound intelligent!
odelltrclan
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!

Postby dustoff » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:26 pm

odelltrclan wrote:And 10. Your really grasping at straws to try and hope something sticks and at the same time sound intelligent!



I associate myself closer with conservative than liberal, although neither really fits. Palin is the worst of the worst of the neocon movement. There is nothing positive that comes out of her participation.

I'm not grasping for straws here. I could spend an hour or two finding a myriad of examples, but it isn't worth it. I don't actually know anybody that has a college degree that has an ounce of respect for the woman.
dustoff
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:58 pm

Re: Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!

Postby jhc68 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:43 pm

An idiot is a person who runs for VP of the USA and can't recall the name of a single newspaper she reads. That is definitive.
jhc68
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!

Postby aaronk » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:49 pm

dustoff wrote:Fact based items:

1. She went to a terrible college and is generally uneducated/undereducated.
2. She graduated in one of the weakest majors that has essentially 0 intellectual rigor.
3. According to people within the McCain/Palin ticket, she had minimal knowledge of geography and world affairs.
4. She believes her religion should be in politics.
5. She is religious extremely religious. Extremely significant negative association between IQ and religiosity.
6. Lynn Vincent authored at least one of her books.
7. Couldn't name a single newspaper that she reads.
8. All of these quotes and more,
9. The entire e-mail fiasco.


Fact based?
Point by point:

1 & 2
So I suppose EVERYONE who graduates from a "terrible" college with a "weak" major is an idiot?
Lovely.
Tell me, do you have any family members or friends who attended "terrible" colleges with "weak" majors?
What do you think of THEM??

3
It's been proven that Steve Schmidt and Nicolle Wallace, the 2 McCain operatives in 2008 who, post-campaign, tried to DESTROY her.....LIED about her! If you want the WHOLE truth about the campaign, read "Going Rogue"! (And ignore the HBO movie, "Game Change", which is also packed with LIES!!)
ALL of her friends and her Cabinet and Staff as Governor said these accusations (about lack of knowledge) were FALSE!!

4 & 5
So I suppose that ALL religious people are idiots??
That you can't have strong religious beliefs AND be intelligent??
Beautiful.
Guess that doesn't say much for the US of A....which is considered to be quite a religious nation!!

6
FALSE!!
Vincent assisted, yes.
Palin WROTE the book!
As with most political memoirs, they are usually "as told to".
However, Palin's friends and family have all said SHE wrote the book, while Vincent maybe "tidied it up"!!
BTW, did you know there are rumors that TERRORIST Bill Ayers is said to have written Obama's 2nd book???

7
See her detailed account of the Katie Couric interviews in "Going Rogue"!
She KNEW which papers and magazines she reads!
She just didn't want to answer Couric's DUMBASS question!!
Which, BTW, Couric did NOT ask of McCain, Obama, or Biden!!

8
All the SNL/David Letterman etc shit were LIES....parodies born of HATRED and FEAR!!
They're liberals, and wanted to ridicule her!!
(Actually, she LOVED her time on SNL!!)

9
WHAT "e-mail fiasco"??
You mean when she released 25,000 e-mails from when she was Governor...and NONE of them had any damaging material in them??
In fact, they PROVED.....in black and white ink.......that she was an extremely COMPETENT, SUCCESSFUL, ASTUTE, and SUCCESSFUL (not to mention HUGELY popular!!) Governor!!
Tell me, has Obama released HIS e-mails yet??
aaronk
 
Posts: 3353
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!

Postby Daisy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:00 pm

odelltrclan wrote:People are WAY WAY more apt to try to deduct more than they are entitled to than less!

So I need to hire you to increase my deductions.
Daisy
 
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!

Postby TN1965 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:01 pm

odelltrclan wrote:The government wants to take tax incentives away for giving to the poor, which causes people to give less, and thus they become more reliant on government.


You mean, like a certain president who eliminated the estate tax? :wink:
TN1965
 
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:38 pm

Re: Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!

Postby jhc68 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:40 pm

She KNEW which papers and magazines she reads!
She just didn't want to answer Couric's DUMBASS question!!


Exactly: She KNEW she didn't read any newspapers or even the names of any newspapers so she certainly did not want to answer that question. Couric's question may have been "dumbass" but having no answer for it was over and beyond dumbass.
jhc68
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!

Postby lonewolf » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:32 pm

I did not think it possible but it seems I have found in dustoff someone who holds almost as much disdain for Palin as I do for Obama. :)
lonewolf
 
Posts: 8814
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Indian Territory

Re: Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!

Postby Pego » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:19 am

dustoff wrote:Palin is the worst of the worst of the neocon movement.


...with her "twin" Michelle Bachmann.
Pego
 
Posts: 10198
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help

Re: Sarah Louise Heath Palin--The TRUTH!

Postby Marlow » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:59 am

lonewolf wrote:I did not think it possible but it seems I have found in dustoff someone who holds almost as much disdain for Palin as I do for Obama. :)

Turnabout is indeed fair play! I have no problem with your issues with the President of the United States. That's what yesterday was all about.
Marlow
 
Posts: 21088
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests