Nice Swedish July 4 gesture for US rendition victim

Normally open July 4th only---the one day a year when partisan politics, religion, etc. are acceptable topics on this Board (within reason). The forum is now closed.

Nice Swedish July 4 gesture for US rendition victim

Postby Anthony Treacher » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:10 am

Sweden today announced that it has granted a Permanent Resident Permit to the Egyptian Ahmed Agiza who, with the connivance of the Swedish police and in personally humiliating circumstances, was bundled off to Egypt on a secret CIA aircraft from Stockholm's Bromma airport on 18 December 2001. In Egypt Ahmed Agiza was tortured and imprisoned.

I believe a number of these unjustified US rendition cases still remain unsolved. I am thinking of the Chinese Uighurs the USA bought in Afghanistan/Pakistan, interred at Guantanamo and settled in Albania (of all places) against cash compensation. Maybe the USA itself could take some of them?
Anthony Treacher

Re: Nice Swedish July 4 gesture for US rendition victim

Postby jeremyp » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:52 am

Anthony Treacher wrote:I believe a number of these unjustified US rendition cases still remain unsolved. I am thinking of the Chinese Uighurs the USA bought in Afghanistan/Pakistan, interred at Guantanamo and settled in Albania (of all places) against cash compensation. Maybe the USA itself could take some of them?

What so they can get a lawyer and sue our ass? Never!
jeremyp