If You Could Re-Elect Any President Since WWII

Normally open July 4th only---the one day a year when partisan politics, religion, etc. are acceptable topics on this Board (within reason). The forum is now closed.

Re: If You Could Re-Elect Any President Since WWII

Postby Conor Dary » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:01 am

gh wrote:Not everybody is cut out for military life, of course. There should also be an option like Vista or the Peace Corps. Some form of service to the country.

I wholeheartedly endorse that.
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Re: If You Could Re-Elect Any President Since WWII

Postby valleyrunner » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:25 am

To all the great arguments in favor of some national service I would add that by having every American serve in some form of national service would remind today's youth there are sacrifices in life. Too many of the young of today think that they are entitled to just about everything without having to work for anything. Not only should we include military service, Vista and Peace Corps but even Americorps or some new programs to allow them to serve here in the US. Getting the international experience would be great but we have many needs here at home that could benefit from such a program as Americorps.

Serving in any program would allow them to learn more about the world and themselves as well which would in turn help them not struggle in their next steps as I see so many who can't handle college as they are not focused on why they are there too often when they leave HS and go straight to college.
valleyrunner

Previous