Sarah Palin

Normally open July 4th only---the one day a year when partisan politics, religion, etc. are acceptable topics on this Board (within reason). The forum is now closed.

Re: Sarah Palin

Postby jazzcyclist » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:01 am

kuha wrote:Totally right. Who in their right mind actually thinks of the current Dems as "extreme" in any way? A true left wing would include Noam Chomsky and his ilk--and these folks have absolutely zero political power. The current Dem party is pretty much at dead center (or even slightly to the right) of our traditional "middle ground." It's just that the right wing has gone from (genuinely) conservative to (genuinely) radical, pulling the rest of the spectrum with it. As a result, there are actually far too few genuinely "leftist" options on the table for discussion or comparison.

Amen! The liberal equivalent of Michele Bachmann is Noam Chomsky, but he can only dream of influencing the Democratic party as much as Bachmann influences the Republican party. With his libertarian stance on social issues like abortion and gay rights, Barry Goldwater would have no chance of getting the Republican nomination today.
jazzcyclist

Postby bman » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:31 am

I don't like this idea of the right left dichotomy with the "radial" republicans and the "leftys" on the other, for various reasons. For one, "right-wing" politicians and media personalities (that includes democrats as well) are not on any sort of political spectrum. They are not viewing issues in the same way as say a Noam Chomsky or someone serious. They are products created by a system to serve powerful elements within that system. So it gives a wrong picture of the political landscape. We see on issue after issue that the public is in disagreement with what is accepted discussion politically (for instance, military spending). Furthermore it implies that the "center" is the reasonable view to hold against the crazies on both extremes. Basically what I'm saying is that power structures create political support for themselves and that throws off the whole system. For all political views to be equal in validity, which is what the "spectrum" implies, we would need a system free from this coercion.
bman

Postby Pego » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:21 am

This is a good opportunity to inform all of you that the current Wisconsin's Lieutenant Governor Rebecca Kleefisch is a true clone of Sarah Palin.
Pego

Postby Daisy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:30 am

Pego wrote:This is a good opportunity to inform all of you that the current Wisconsin's Lieutenant Governor Rebecca Kleefisch is a true clone of Sarah Palin.

Is she a puppet of her husband who is a member of the State Assembly?
Daisy

Postby Pego » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:58 am

Daisy wrote:
Pego wrote:This is a good opportunity to inform all of you that the current Wisconsin's Lieutenant Governor Rebecca Kleefisch is a true clone of Sarah Palin.

Is she a puppet of her husband who is a member of the State Assembly?

That I don't know. All I know is that every time she is interviewed she says "job-killing taxes" and nothing else.
Pego

Postby Daisy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:11 am

One mantra I remember from her was "we will do more with less". I never did figure out what she was talking about.
Daisy

Postby SQUACKEE » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:32 am

Daisy wrote:One mantra I remember from her was "we will do more with less". I never did figure out what she was talking about.

That's what my wife said on our wedding night.
SQUACKEE

Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby Conor Dary » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:39 am

I am surprised this thread got resurrected. Palin has pretty much disappeared. Just the occasional silly tweet, but those soon will be gone....
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby jeremyp » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:45 am

SQUACKEE wrote:
Daisy wrote:One mantra I remember from her was "we will do more with less". I never did figure out what she was talking about.

That's what my wife said on our wedding night.

:D

And you swelled with pride???
jeremyp

Postby jeremyp » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:47 am

You cannot see Russia from Wisconsin!
jeremyp

Postby Jackaloupe » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:54 am

Note that it was all started by a dude whose Moniker is "no one"--which I choose to write as "Noone", which spawns "Noone High on Sarah Palin" and similar HeadLines.

Shades of Wavy Gravy, aka erstwhile Presidential CandyDate "Nobody", whose blessedly brief Stump(ed)Speech relied on call-and-response: Who's brought down unemployment? Nobody!
Who's stopped the war? Nobody! ....

WG (Hugh Romney before that) also held up a pet Pig--for VP, was it?

A latler day sidebar, after Ben & Jerry's created a tasty, swirled Wavy Gravy Ice Cream: I overheard a couple of Tweens "going", "Oooh, Wavy Graavy?!? They were only mildly interested/attentive when I clued 'em in.
Jackaloupe

Postby Jackaloupe » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:59 am

You cannot see Russia from Wisconsin!jeremyp

Ahh, but Wisconsinites have seen "Reds" since Fightin' Bob LaFollette! Only recently have certain CheddarHeads seen fit to fight 'em, however mildly.
Jackaloupe

Postby Pego » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:55 am

jeremyp wrote:

You cannot see Russia from Wisconsin!

If those goddamn Michiganders did not steal the UP from us, we could see Canada :mrgreen: .
Pego

Previous