Politically Incorrect

Normally open July 4th only---the one day a year when partisan politics, religion, etc. are acceptable topics on this Board (within reason). The forum is now closed.

Postby Speedfirst » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:55 pm

TrackDaddy wrote:
SQUACKEE wrote:
TrackDaddy wrote:
gh wrote:I may remove parts of your original post that are beyond the pale. "Free speech" was meant to connote an informed discussion of touchy subjects, not just throw shit against the wall and see what sticks.

LOL

I assure you that was not the intent.

Only trying to stimulate discussion amongst friends.

Hopefully I haven't offended anyone...or at least offended everyone. :D

Morgan Freeman said the way to get past race is quit talking about it. He said he didnt want to be called a blackman, he want to be called simply a man. I think there's some wisdom there.

I dont want to be labeled a white guy, i'm so much more than that! :P White men wear boring clothes, have beer bellies and if they have any soul they borrowed it. :x

I think one reason Ellen Degenrous sp? has an award winning talk show is she stopped screaming, "IM A LESBIAN!" Ellen, we know and we dont care, just be your funny- charming self.

Morgan Freeman is wrong.

The way to get past the elephant in the room is to acknowledge it until everyone gets used to it.

If Ellen gets away from saying she's a lesbian then when she does say it, it will be news again.

And some people do care that she's a lesbian and disagree with the decision.

Well for I know this, when Morgan Freeman walks down the street, people see a black man, no getting around that. Depending upon what town you're in, you might get a few names thrown your way, that still exist by the way. Now because some folks don't want to discuss it, certainly doesn't mean the playing field is equal. It's easy to put your head in the sand, hope it goes away, not discuss, that's the easy approach. In order to have resolution, changes,dialogue, cards have to placed on the table.
Speedfirst

Postby Daisy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:57 pm

TrackDaddy wrote:I did pick one topic.

Political incorrectness. See: thread title.

But your posts are all addressing specific examples rather than discussing the general theme.

Why bother having any different threads in current events? Afterall, they are all about athletics. :P
Daisy

Postby TrackDaddy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:52 pm

Daisy wrote:
TrackDaddy wrote:I did pick one topic.

Political incorrectness. See: thread title.

But your posts are all addressing specific examples rather than discussing the general theme.

Why bother having any different threads in current events? Afterall, they are all about athletics. :P

okay.

Let's talk about homosexuals. :D

What in the ---- are they thinking? :lol:

Fwiw...the thread is a rant where people are free to discuss specifics if they like.
TrackDaddy

Re: Politically Incorrect

Postby dal4018 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:02 pm

SQUACKEE wrote:
TrackDaddy wrote::twisted:
Would white people hate OJ as much if he'd been accused of killing his first wife...who was black?

No not as much, but would black people celebrate OJ being found innocent if he was white and his wife was black? :P

OJ was one of the most loved men in America until he started de-capitating people. :cry:
Agreed
dal4018

Postby lonewolf » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:20 pm

SQUACKEE wrote:[I think one reason Ellen Degenrous sp? has an award winning talk show is she stopped screaming, "IM A LESBIAN!" Ellen, we know and we dont care, just be your funny- charming self.

Just a surmise, maybe most heterosexual men find lesbians inoffensive because they agree with both of them. :)
lonewolf