Fourth of July

Normally open July 4th only---the one day a year when partisan politics, religion, etc. are acceptable topics on this Board (within reason). The forum is now closed.

Postby Daisy » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:14 am

TrackDaddy wrote:Getting techinical doesn't change that.

??? I was confirming your point ???
Daisy

Postby TrackDaddy » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:22 am

My bad, Daisy. :oops:

Did I misunderstand your question?
TrackDaddy

Postby Daisy » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:54 am

TrackDaddy wrote:My bad, Daisy. :oops:

No need for :oops: This whole thread is a bit confusing.
Daisy

Postby Daisy » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:55 am

TrackDaddy wrote:My bad, Daisy. :oops:

No need for :oops: This whole thread is a bit confusing.
Daisy

Postby bman » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:14 am

guru wrote:
dal4018 wrote:
lonewolf wrote:
marknhj wrote:I'm curious how many are going to spare a few moments from their BBQ's, fireworks, beer drinking and "USA USA USA..." celebrations on July 4th, and consider the last two hundred years plus of Native American history :D

I think most responders have overlooked the word "Native" in this query.
Its a shame that they have lonewolf these ppl were over here living as civilized humans before these civilized barbarians(europeans) got their claws into this country.

Just to be clear -

Whether you are a Creationist or Evolutionist regarding human origins, one thing is consistent - there is no such thing as a NATIVE American.

As for what the Europeans did to the folks who made it here before them, keep in mind homo sapiens were pushing each other around long before 1492, and they'll be doing it long after we're dust.

I love how when discussing the 'native' American all of a sudden normal rules don't apply. All of a sudden ethnicity doesn't really exist and genocide is justified. To say that there was not violations of human rights just because other people were doing it is an insult to history. It is correct not to judge people based on standards of our time that were not relevant then, but this does not mean we should not be honest about what happened.
bman