Ralph Nader sinks to new low.

Normally open July 4th only---the one day a year when partisan politics, religion, etc. are acceptable topics on this Board (within reason). The forum is now closed.

Ralph Nader sinks to new low.

Postby Conor Dary » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:06 am

A really disgusting human being. Now I am going to get a Corvair!

[link to pirate of copyrighted TV broadcast excised by mods]
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby Marlow » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:19 am

:(
Alzheimers?
I used to respect his activism, but he's still stuck in the 60s, as is his rhetoric -
"military-industrial complex", Ralphie . . . really? :roll:
Marlow

Postby Helen S » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:10 am

Marlow (or anyone else interested), I suggest you get ahold of a copy of the documentary "Why We Fight" which goes into detail about Eisenhower's exit speech where he first warned against the "military industrial complex", and was convinced to take out the word congressional from the phrase. I felt it was still spot on regarding the reference to the old Jefferson Airplane line "war's big business so give your son." It is a cycle of defence (or offensive?) armament, jobs, and keeping jobs in ones congessional districts.

http://www.whywefightmovie.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_We_Fight_(2005_film)
Helen S

Postby mrbowie » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:54 pm

Marlow wrote::(
Alzheimers?
I used to respect his activism, but he's still stuck in the 60s, as is his rhetoric -
"military-industrial complex", Ralphie . . . really? :roll:

Me too, but the guy marginalized himself because of his selfish attitude. I have the same feeling about Al Gore based on how badly he treated Bill Bradley at the Apollo Theatre during their presidential campaign. I know Gore redeemed himself somewhat with the global warming issue, but as far as I am concerned, he is as useless as Nader.
mrbowie