McCain or Obama ?

Normally open July 4th only---the one day a year when partisan politics, religion, etc. are acceptable topics on this Board (within reason). The forum is now closed.

McCain or Obama ?

McCain
17%
Obama
83%

Total votes : 52

Postby LopenUupunut » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:59 am

Flumpy wrote:To give credit where it's due I do think the intervention in Yugoslavia was entirely justifiable and done for the correct humanitarian reasons rather than what anyone was getting out of it.

Mm... yes, stealing a bit of territory from Yugoslavia - a country not known for its long history of unshaken friendship with the US - and turning it into a NATO military stronghold sounds just like humanitarian action.
LopenUupunut

Postby Marlow » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:37 am

bad hammy wrote:
Marlow wrote:
bad hammy wrote:Man, you need to take off those red/white/blue glasses once in a while . . .

Is my only other choice the poop-brown ones you're selling?! :o

Crystal clear . . .

Um . . . uh . . . yeah . . . :roll:
Marlow

Postby rasb » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:36 pm

jazzcyclist wrote:I guess the posters on this board are fairly representative of world opinion. Here's how the rest of the world would vote:

http://iftheworldcouldvote.com/results

That's quite a poll, not that it represents the demographics of the American electorate. But it looks like it's going to be a sad World, if McCain pulls off a miracle win. All of the major countries are between 85 and 95 % for Obama.
In fact, 208 out of 211 are pro-Obama, with Albania and Macedonia for McCain, and the two votes from Lesotho are split. That's very striking.
rasb

Postby cullman » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:49 pm

Hey, 83,000+ Canadians took part. 79.8% of the 239,000+ Americans voted for Obama in this poll.

cman
cullman

Postby gm » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:30 pm

Hey, if the rest of the world is so smart, they don't need our money and support!
Bring home ALL the troops, cut off ALL foreign aid, bonus! Score!

I was for it before I was against it. Or something.
gm

Postby JRM » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:32 pm

rasb wrote: All of the major countries are between 85 and 95 % for Obama.
In fact, 208 out of 211 are pro-Obama, with Albania and Macedonia for McCain, and the two votes from Lesotho are split. That's very striking.

When my wife and I were in Ireland this past May (during the Democratic primaries), almost everyone we spoke to about the elections was rooting for Obama. They couldn't understand why McCain would even be allowed to run. "He's too old!" was the most common sentiment.
JRM

Next