"Did you open it?"

Normally open July 4th only---the one day a year when partisan politics, religion, etc. are acceptable topics on this Board (within reason). The forum is now closed.

Postby lonewolf » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:54 pm

kuha wrote:
lonewolf wrote:Well, admittedly a self-employed oil company shill. :) Still the truth.

You are our very favorite "Fat Cat"!

Not that you're either overwight or feline, of course.....

Make that "Ex-Slightly Over Optimim Weight Cat" :)
lonewolf

Postby SQUACKEE » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:07 pm

lonewolf wrote:
kuha wrote:
lonewolf wrote:Well, admittedly a self-employed oil company shill. :) Still the truth.

You are our very favorite "Fat Cat"!

Not that you're either overwight or feline, of course.....

Make that "Ex-Slightly Over Optimim Weight Cat" :)

I just wanna be able to say at a cocktail party without lying that," Oh yes i was just e-mailing one of my friends in oil about this whole petrolem business in terms of the effect on stock dividens and what not."

Sorry about your drop Mr. Wolf but i have hunch the prices might possible go up just a tad in the near future. Feel free to P.M with any questions you might have. :P
SQUACKEE

Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby jazzcyclist » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:08 pm

I have a couple of early 60's co-workers who were planning on retiring at the end of the year, but their plans have now been indefinitely postponed.
jazzcyclist

Postby lonewolf » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:45 pm

Yep, Squak, . Thanks for the condolences. This is just a hiccup. I am not shorting oil. It takes a lonnnng time to make that stuff. . 8-)
lonewolf

Postby tandfman » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:54 pm

jazzcyclist wrote:I have a couple of early 60's co-workers who were planning on retiring at the end of the year, but their plans have now been indefinitely postponed.

I've spoken to several people in the same situation. It seems to be a common thing, which is understandable given the fact that most people who are approaching retirement are planning to have a certain level of post-retirement income, and to the extent that level depends on the size of their retirement savings, they're now in trouble if they've followed the common advice to keep a good percentage of those savings in equities.
tandfman

Postby gh » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:33 pm

oh crap.... The Beauteous Babs opened hers.
gh

Postby tandfman » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:41 pm

Unfortunately, whatever was in that envelope, the current numbers are worse even with today's sharp upswing. :(
tandfman

Postby SQUACKEE » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:02 pm

I opened mine and was shocked it wasnt lower, down about 12% but the next one could be far worse i suppose. I probably will never be able to retire so does it really matter? Just give me some honest work till i drop and i'm good. I do believe that distance running has help me in so many ways in the work place.
SQUACKEE

Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby tandfman » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:35 pm

SQUACKEE wrote:I opened mine and was shocked it wasnt lower, down about 12% but the next one could be far worse i suppose.

Most statements come on a quarterly basis. Things were down by the end of September, but have gotten seriously worse since then. Nobody knows what lies ahead. It's been a roller coaster and is likely to continue to be in the short term. All we can do is hang on for the ride.
tandfman

Next