Which Four Leaders From Your Continent Would You Pick?

Normally open July 4th only---the one day a year when partisan politics, religion, etc. are acceptable topics on this Board (within reason). The forum is now closed.

Which Four Leaders From Your Continent Would You Pick?

Postby EPelle » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:14 am

Say you were on the brink of a world catastrophe of epic proportions and the four corners of the world decided to hash out their differences and lay down to the winner of a 4x1-president/prime minister/dictator/etc. debate to decide which continent:s policies would be in effect for the entire world to abide by.

Each of the four leaders (from any generation at any given time in history) would speak and pass off their argument to the next and hope theirs was better than their competitors. When the first team crosses the line with the strongest argument according to an independent referee group, that continent:s policies would be employed and put into effect for the world to adhere to.

You:ll have one qualification round, meaning you can substitute two finalists for two alternates if you are so inclined.

No country may have more than one leader on board the team. Which countries do you align yourself with, and which leaders (throughout history, a total of six) do you put on your team? Would their collective arguments be best for the world?
EPelle

Postby Mennisco » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:32 pm

Too hard Epelle. But it would make a great video game.
Mennisco

Postby AthleticsInBritain » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:59 pm

I'd pick absolutely none of them Epelle. Having seen politicians close up (and occasionally very personal), I really don't have vast amounts of confidence in them.

I'm with Billy Connolly on politicians - the very desire to run for office should bar you for life from ever running.
AthleticsInBritain

Postby Daisy » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:35 pm

AthleticsInBritain wrote:I'm with Billy Connolly on politicians - the very desire to run for office should bar you for life from ever running.

So may be Colin Powell would be a good choice? On the other hand, had Dick Cheny ever run for office until 2000?
Daisy

Postby jazzcyclist » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:31 pm

Daisy wrote:
AthleticsInBritain wrote:I'm with Billy Connolly on politicians - the very desire to run for office should bar you for life from ever running.

So may be Colin Powell would be a good choice? On the other hand, had Dick Cheny ever run for office until 2000?

Yes, he was once a congressman.
jazzcyclist

Postby Daisy » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:17 pm

jazzcyclist wrote:
Daisy wrote:had Dick Cheney ever run for office until 2000?

Yes, he was once a congressman.

So Connolly was right! :wink:
Daisy