Free speech.....a wild and wooley day

Normally open July 4th only---the one day a year when partisan politics, religion, etc. are acceptable topics on this Board (within reason). The forum is now closed.

Free speech.....a wild and wooley day

Postby Jack Slocombe » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:41 am

Let's see....a Clinton shot you can't read, a mild shot at conservatives, thank you Garry thing, all with no responses. Hot item is gayness in T&F, hell I thought all lady throwers were gay and then democracy in Cuba, another hotbed for Americans. Hey, all the democratic Cubans are in Miami, so how you gonna get democracy on that island when they're all over here and they ain't going back.

There has to be some shots about how Bush has screwed up the war, failed in post Katrina, pissed off Putin, frees all his crook cronies........but hey the Clinton's do the same, and screwed up the war on drugs.

Nothing on gay priests, you gotta watch South Park, the one about the local priest who goes to the Vatican, a real hoot.

Whose gonna be the next prez? Hot pants Hillary, Osama Obama, the moderate Mormon Romney, McCain, how bout Big Fred from Law and Order,
Maybe Rudy?

Hey Garry.....this is really neat and we are being real good. Boringly good.
Jack Slocombe

Postby eldrick » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:16 pm

where are the lame-os & pinheads ??? Image
eldrick

Postby JRM » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:33 pm

eldrick wrote:where are the lame-os & pinheads ??? Image

Between the national holiday in good ol' USA and the pre-freedom of speech admonishment from the powers that be, I think that unfortunately the lid was sealed pretty tightly on this venture before it started.
JRM

Postby bad hammy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:21 pm

I think that most of us have come to accept the boundaries around here such as they are. And I think that the adults around here have few complaints about them – they do keep the place reasonably civil. The 'free-speech' thing is a good idea in concept, but probably impossible to implement without a total breakdown somewhere along the way.

Next thing you know some jerk will start a poll about the rudest poster . . .
bad hammy

Postby guru » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:31 pm

I'll just say this: It's ridiculous to have a "free speech" day on a forum, then set restrictions on what can be said. Defeats the purpose, and is an insult. Either have it, or don't.
guru