RG3

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

RG3

Postby user4 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:56 am

Terribly sad night last night, (Wash vs Phil) watching RG3, whom I consider one of the greatest track talents ever to walk away from the sport. To see him hobbled as he was with a damaged knee. He will never be the same.

The kid is amazing though, even out there with a peg leg he threw the ball pretty well.

I am convinced that RG3 would have ran to an OG gold medal at 400H in London. No one was quite like him. Mega mega talent.

To Dixon: you are right, it is a dangerous sport filled with very very cruel men.
Last edited by user4 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
user4

Re: RG3

Postby Marlow » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:37 am

user4 wrote:To see him hobbled as he was with a damaged knee.

I realize it's ultimately Griffin's call to make, but why on earth would Shanahan even LET him play before he's FULLY recovered? One bad hit now could put him out for MORE than a year.
Marlow

Postby Dixon » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:40 pm

I think coach realized the kid needed to play last night. The last thing his team needs is an unhappy leader. And what if Cousins plays great, do they really need a QB debate? The real bummer is what's going to happen after a 0-2 start, they are not beating GB ..IN...GB next week.

I disagree about RGIII being a great hurdler, he did nothing to give me this idea he would be. He was just another "good" NCAA hurdler.

I was called every name in book as was my mama and I'm talking high school football. Very violent sport, when you hear a player say...I don't try to hurt anyone...he is lying. You wanna be an instant hero...knock out somebody.
Dixon

Postby user4 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:06 pm

Dixon wrote: I disagree about RGIII being a great hurdler, he did nothing to give me this idea he would be. He was just another "good" NCAA hurdler..

Check out his HS and NCAA freshman 110H and 400H times ... They are very very impressive. As a freshman at Baylor he was 49low at 400H despite spending most of the year in football training. Eddie Southern-esque with very little training. Had he trained solely for the event I think after 3 years he is 47low.
user4

Postby Dixon » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:08 pm

user4 wrote:
Dixon wrote: I disagree about RGIII being a great hurdler, he did nothing to give me this idea he would be. He was just another "good" NCAA hurdler..

Check out his HS and NCAA freshman 110H and 400H times ... They are very very impressive. As a freshman at Baylor he was 49low at 400H despite spending most of the year in football training. Eddie Southern-esque with very little training. Had he trained solely for the event I think after 3 years he is 47low.

I wish I had a buck for every high schooler/NCAA guy who coulda/woulda/shoulda. Remember HS 100m record holder Derrick Florence? What did he do at Texas A&M? Remember Cali State sprint champ Marquez Holliwell, what happened at USC? Then there's Carter Suggs, Cyril Wyatt, Preston Griffen, James Jackson and on and on and....

Look at the Frenchman LeMaitre, he's regressing.

RGIII showed potential, that's it for me.
Dixon

Postby toyracer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:39 pm

I really wish he wasn't rushed into playing. The Redskins were 4-0 in pre-season without him. Everyone knows his injury; there would be nothing wrong with him sitting out the first few games of the season. He was very rusty last night and it showed. His timing was horribly off. The Redskins didn't need to start him last night, and in my opinion shouldn't have until he had enough practise. I've been a Redskins fan for decades, last night wasn't easy to watch for many reasons.
toyracer

Postby user4 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:08 pm

toyracer wrote:I really wish he wasn't rushed into playing. The Redskins were 4-0 in pre-season without him. Everyone knows his injury; there would be nothing wrong with him sitting out the first few games of the season. He was very rusty last night and it showed. His timing was horribly off. The Redskins didn't need to start him last night, and in my opinion shouldn't have until he had enough practise. I've been a Redskins fan for decades, last night wasn't easy to watch for many reasons.

Way Way too many fans go to see rg3 ... He is a huge market !
user4

Postby JumboElliott » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:09 pm

Wasn't he a very young 18 when he was competing for Baylor as essentially a senior in high school because he enrolled early due to football?
JumboElliott

Postby Dutra5 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:35 am

toyracer wrote:I really wish he wasn't rushed into playing. The Redskins were 4-0 in pre-season without him. Everyone knows his injury; there would be nothing wrong with him sitting out the first few games of the season. He was very rusty last night and it showed. His timing was horribly off. The Redskins didn't need to start him last night, and in my opinion shouldn't have until he had enough practise. I've been a Redskins fan for decades, last night wasn't easy to watch for many reasons.

My feeling is that he'd have been rusty no matter when he played his first game. Practice in no way simulates a game.
Dutra5

Postby Dixon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:18 am

It's time to give Cousins a shot, if RGIII gets mad ...oh well. His game was ..will he run or will he he throw...without that..............
Dixon