5 More Jamaican positives [and now Damar Robinson]

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: 5 More Jamaican positives [Simpson & Powell big names]

Postby pavlik » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:56 am

Can anyone tell me if methylsynephrine is a same as a synephrine contained in fat burning products? I bought some pills and do not know if I can take them.. :-/
pavlik

Postby toyracer » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:52 am

Tuariki wrote:Presumption. Yep. I am presuming there is a hell of a lot of inadvertent consumption of banned substances by Jamaican high performance athletes, at what appears to be a much higher rate than other countries.

Distinctions between infractions make no difference to you?

So you're comfortable making sweeping statements, lumping Yohan Blake,
Marvin Anderson, Sheri-Ann Brooks, Allodin Fothergill & Landford Spence, all of who were proven to ingest from a mislabelled sports drink, together with more serious infractions just to arrive at the "much higher" rate?
toyracer

Postby batonless relay » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:18 am

toyracer wrote:
Tuariki wrote:Presumption. Yep. I am presuming there is a hell of a lot of inadvertent consumption of banned substances by Jamaican high performance athletes, at what appears to be a much higher rate than other countries.

So you're comfortable making sweeping statements, lumping , all of who were proven to ingest from a mislabelled sports drink, together with more serious infractions just to arrive at the "much higher" rate?

If he isn't comfortable making those statements I certainly am. The idea that we shouldn't punish athletes for things that are NOT impossible to NEVER have in their system is ridiculous. It's IRRELEVANT that the substance was "mislabeled" (it wasn't, it just used a different name that wasn't pharmacological in the case of the OTHER Jamaica 5, iirc); the IOC/WADA and nearly everyone else has says that supplements are a risk specifically due to these types of actions, don't take them. Ever. They [Yohan Blake, Marvin Anderson, Sheri-Ann Brooks, Allodin Fothergill & Landford Spence] took em. EFF em, They assumed the risk!

Why upend the system when they were caught doing exactly what they were warned NOT TO DO? It's not like this is a new case or circumstance? They tried to thread the needle and couldn't; nothing to see here.
batonless relay

Postby booond » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:03 am

batonless relay wrote:
toyracer wrote:

So you're comfortable making sweeping statements, lumping , all of who were proven to ingest from a mislabelled sports drink, together with more serious infractions just to arrive at the "much higher" rate?

If he isn't comfortable making those statements I certainly am. The idea that we shouldn't punish athletes for things that are NOT impossible to NEVER have in their system is ridiculous. It's IRRELEVANT that the substance was "mislabeled" (it wasn't, it just used a different name that wasn't pharmacological in the case of the OTHER Jamaica 5, iirc); the IOC/WADA and nearly everyone else has says that supplements are a risk specifically due to these types of actions, don't take them. Ever. They [Yohan Blake, Marvin Anderson, Sheri-Ann Brooks, Allodin Fothergill & Landford Spence] took em. EFF em, They assumed the risk!

Why upend the system when they were caught doing exactly what they were warned NOT TO DO? It's not like this is a new case or circumstance? They tried to thread the needle and couldn't; nothing to see here.

While I might be slightly more empathetic than Mr. Relay, I do have to agree that we're at a point in time where the mistaken ingestion excuse rings very hollow.
booond

Postby no one » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:22 am

On a Saturday morning @ ~6:30 I was driving my brother to the airport. Not more than a mile or so from my house, on a slight incline, I was stopped by a cop who was setting up a speed trap - budget boondoggle for the weekend. The speed limit was 25 mph - still is.

I had looked at my speedometer just a minute or so before and saw I was goin 30 mph. The cop did the normal "show me your license insurance etc..." I asked him reason for being stopped. He said I "was 'speeding' - going 32 mph - over the 25 limit." I said "you must be kidding, there is not another vehicle in sight. There's no oxygen in the air" - he said "hey the limit is 25 - 32 is not 25." He didn't appreciate my oxygen comment.

I hate it when that happens - and I hated having to pay the $225. And I still don't think it was 'right" but it was legal - which is not fair ... etc etc
no one

Postby Tuariki » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:42 am

You knew, they knew. As they say, do the crime, pay the fine :(
Tuariki

Postby batonless relay » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:59 am

no one wrote:...And I still don't think it was 'right" but it was legal - which is not fair ... etc etc

[redacted]

With the PR damage to the sport for a "6 month stimulant" being the same as a 2-year steroid, I say the punishment to the athlete should be commensurate with the damage that athletes recklessness does to our sport. Since long after these athletes have served their bans and returned the sport still has to deal with questions about their prior misjudgements, we should just ban them for life on the first offense, any offense, and never worry about them again. The end result will be the equivalent of a "whatever happened to...[insert promising star here]"
batonless relay

Postby Tuariki » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:04 am

Everyone should read "anti-doping Puritanism ruining sport" on front page.
Tuariki

Postby 26mi235 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:12 am

batonless relay wrote:
toyracer wrote:Distinctions between infractions make no difference to you?

If he isn't comfortable making those statements I certainly am. The idea that we shouldn't punish athletes for things that are NOT impossible to NEVER have in their system is ridiculous.

Luckily, your position will not pass a combination of legal and administrative muster.

Under your rules, it would be enough for someone to spike an athlete's intake (possibly even of air) and make them ineligible for life. Accountants are not banned for life for making a mistake on a form. Students are not banned for life for cheating once. Society, in general, does not stand for such draconian approaches, at least in this part of the world.
26mi235

Postby batonless relay » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:29 am

26mi235 wrote:
batonless relay wrote:

If he isn't comfortable making those statements I certainly am. The idea that we shouldn't punish athletes for things that are NOT impossible to NEVER have in their system is ridiculous.

Luckily, your position will not pass a combination of legal and administrative muster.

Under your rules, it would be enough for someone to spike an athlete's intake (possibly even of air) and make them ineligible for life. Accountants are not banned for life for making a mistake on a form. Students are not banned for life for cheating once. Society, in general, does not stand for such draconian approaches, at least in this part of the world.

26, you're a big sports fan. What happens to athletes after they've been caught point fixing? Are they usually let back into the sport? How successful have they been suing for their return? All throughout sports and life there are things you only get to do once. We both know that so let's not use that as the basis for your argument.
batonless relay

Postby toyracer » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:54 am

batonless relay wrote:
no one wrote:...And I still don't think it was 'right" but it was legal - which is not fair ... etc etc

[redacted]

With the PR damage to the sport for a "6 month stimulant" being the same as a 2-year steroid, I say the punishment to the athlete should be commensurate with the damage that athletes recklessness does to our sport. Since long after these athletes have served their bans and returned the sport still has to deal with questions about their prior misjudgements, we should just ban them for life on the first offense, any offense, and never worry about them again. The end result will be the equivalent of a "whatever happened to...[insert promising star here]"

So you propose that the sanction fit the publicity?

With today's "reporting" practises, people will end up banned retroactive to the day they were born. Perfect case in point is the hysteria the media is perpetuating about Asafa's positive for a Stimulant that is on the lesser Specified list.
toyracer

Postby batonless relay » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:54 pm

toyracer wrote:
batonless relay wrote:

[redacted]

So you propose that the sanction fit the publicity?

With today's "reporting" practises, people will end up banned retroactive to the day they were born. Perfect case in point is the hysteria the media is perpetuating about Asafa's positive for a Stimulant that is on the lesser Specified list.

Your comments are a classic case of somebody's Ox got gored so now we have to change the rules. A Univ of Florida football player was kicked off of the team for getting arrested for...wait for it...barking at a police dog. Did the crime fit the the publicity/punishment?

The stimulant is only "lesser" because we don't make it "greater". If all stimulants were banned then it would no longer be lesser, no? Facts: Asafa tested positive, for a stimulant, that he WILLINGLY took, from a supplement that he had no idea what it was, from someone he barely knows (and that person claims that he did nothing of the sort) and you're suggesting without proof that Asafa Powell is the victim? It's not media hysterics that's driving this, it's defense hysteria of his most ardent fans and drug anarchists and apologists.
batonless relay

Postby 26mi235 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:26 pm

batonless relay wrote:
26mi235 wrote:
batonless relay wrote:

26, you're a big sports fan. What happens to athletes after they've been caught point fixing? Are they usually let back into the sport? How successful have they been suing for their return? All throughout sports and life there are things you only get to do once. We both know that so let's not use that as the basis for your argument.

You and I know that there is no comparison between the two; one is an individual event, the other, well, baseball is really hard-nosed on doping and they give similar punishments to doping and game fixing, right. The example just highlights the shortcomings of your position is. [They is, game-fixing, even betting on baseball without any fixing is many times worse than any and all doping violations ever in baseball.]
26mi235

Postby batonless relay » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:21 am

26mi235 wrote:You and I know that there is no comparison between the two; one is an individual event, the other, well, baseball is really hard-nosed on doping and they give similar punishments to doping and game fixing, right. The example just highlights the shortcomings of your position is. [They is, game-fixing, even betting on baseball without any fixing is many times worse than any and all doping violations ever in baseball.]

Ahhh! That's where you miss the comparison! Baseball, unlike any other of the "ball-sports" shares T&F's obsessive hold on statistics so that the game/races can be compared as much as possible through time. The records are SUPPOSED to matter. The sanctity of the games and the sanctity of the races are held over all else; DRUGS ARE OUR POINT-SHAVING/FIXING! And, there should be LESS than zero tolerance (how do you like that for overkill :wink: ) for it.

Personally, I don't think a life ban on the first offense - even for a stimulant - is a bad thing and brought before the right court...it will stand up. But CAS isn't that court and if the IAAF wants to solve their "drug(s)" problem, it will have to do the bold thing and withdraw from WADA/CAS because CAS is incapable of adjudicating the sport in a sensible manner. If they can't figure out that the USA deserves to lose w4x4 medal in 2004, then it weakens all their decisions.
batonless relay

Postby 26mi235 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:55 pm

It would have to be brought before a court of standing with all the aspects of due process or one of the organizations that gives power to the ADA will object. I doubt it will pass muster in the EU and unless it has court-like due process and ability to interrogate the people on the stand, with legal liability for lying on the part of the prosecuting side, I do not think it will stand up in the US.

In general, in economics what you find if the penalties are too harsh is that they do not get applied a lot of the time.
26mi235

Re: 5 More Jamaican positives? [Simpson & Powell?]

Postby AbelGarrett » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:51 am

ChitoAZX wrote:Interesting, I found it odd that both athletes tested positive for the same led lights during the national trials. I hope this turns out good for them.

There is nothing like any good thing.. These athletes want quick money and this is the major problem
Last edited by AbelGarrett on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
AbelGarrett

Postby shivfan » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:18 am

"The criminal doping investigation into former 100-metre world record-holder Asafa Powell, Jamaica teammate Sherone Simpson and their trainer has been delayed by bureaucratic problems but will go ahead. Udine prosecutor Andrea Gondolo told The Associated Press on Tuesday that his office has been unable to contact the athletes to ask whether they want to observe the testing of substances sequestered during a police raid in July on their training base in northern Italy."

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/It ... z2duicM9Au

Maybe the Udinese authorities should just pay someone to fly to Jamaica...Asafa Powell and Sherone Simpson are not exactly in hiding.
:roll:
shivfan

Postby toyracer » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:31 am

They really can't be trying very hard. Asafa is on Twitter every day.

Nice to see that the Italians are mindful of due process.
toyracer

Postby 26mi235 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:41 pm

toyracer wrote:They really can't be trying very hard. Asafa is on Twitter every day.

Nice to see that the Italians are mindful of due process.

Ask Amanda Knox about the slightly different Italian version of 'due process'. :? :lol:
26mi235

Postby shivfan » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:52 am

Far more important than the Italian job is this....

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2013 ... orts7.html

"The Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission (JADCO) is set to meet on Friday to finalise dates for separate hearings into the adverse analytical findings returned by five Jamaican athletes at the Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association (JAAA) National Championships in June.... The athletes who returned the adverse analytical findings at the meet are former world 100-metre record-holder Asafa Powell, Olympic sprint relay gold medallist and 100-metre silver medallist Sherone Simpson, discus throwers Allison Randall and Traves Smikle, and junior high jumper Demar Robinson."
shivfan

Postby toyracer » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:27 am

Just got to love how JADCO gets simple things backwards... releasing info about setting dates for hearings... then on the day for setting the hearing dates they issue a release saying the B samples were positive... note to JADCO; that's supposed to come first...

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/latest/article.php?id=47793

"The Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission (JADCO) says it has received lab results confirming the Prohibited Substances which were identified in the 'A' Sample analyses for the five athletes who were tested at the National Junior and Senior Championships in June.

<snip>

JADCo says the five athletes have been notified and have acknowledged receipt of the their Notification Letters of an Adverse Analytical Finding for a 'B' sample. "

More info in the link.
toyracer

Postby betterthanb4 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:27 pm

The pre-trial hearing for Sherone and Asafa is set for Sept 27.
Jephthah Ford, Peter Predergast and Lennox Gayle will preside over their cases.

The Former Prime Minister PJ Patterson requested a pre-trial hearing for VCB but received no response. They were "too busy" with the World Championships. :oops:
betterthanb4

Postby betterthanb4 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:29 pm

The pre-trial hearing for Allison Randall., Demar Robinson and Travis Smikle will be held on Sept 20.
betterthanb4

Postby shivfan » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:10 am

"The date for Smikle, Randall, and Robinson, who are all represented by a team of attorneys led by Dr Lloyd Barnett, William Panton and Sabrina Cross, has been set for Friday, September 20 at 10:00 am at the Jamaica Conference Centre. Smikle will face a four-member pre-trial panel comprising former Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) and Chairman of the Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel Kent Pantry; Deputy DPP and Second Vice-Chairman Jeremy Taylor; physician Ivor Crandon; and Olympian Juliet Cuthbert-Flynn. Additionally, a four-member panel consisting of Pantry; Taylor; physician Dr Archie McDonald; and FIFA referee Peter Prendergast will head the pre-trial hearing for Robinson. Randall will sit before a four-member panel, which includes Pantry, Taylor, Dr McDonald and Cuthbert-Flynn. As regards Powell and Simpson, who are being represented by attorneys Kwame Gordon and Danielle Chai, a pre-trial hearing has been set for Friday, September 27 at 10:00 am at the Jamaica Conference Centre. A three-member panel, led by attorney-at-law and Vice-Chairman of the Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel Lennox Gayle; physician Dr Jephthah Ford and Prendergast will preside over both Simpson and Powell's pre-trial hearings."

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Pr ... z2eBylLiM4
shivfan

Postby shivfan » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:41 am

"The preliminary hearing to set dates for Powell and Simpson, who both returned adverse findings for the stimulant Oxylifrine, will be set next Friday, September 27, at the Jamaica Conference Centre. "

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2013 ... orts3.html

"National discus record holder Traves Smikle will face a Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission (JADCO) Disciplinary Panel on December 12 and 13....Randall, 25, will face a disciplinary panel on December 5 and 6 while Robinson's case will be heard on December 12 and 13. All three athletes will be represented by attorneys William Payton, Dr. Lloyd Barnett and Courtney Williams."
shivfan

Postby shivfan » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:51 am

"FORMER 100-metre world-record holder Asafa Powell and 2008 Olympic 100m silver medallist Sherone Simpson got January trial dates for their doping hearings, and lead attorney Kwame Gordon is exuding confidence that his clients will be vindicated. Simpson's date is set for January 7-8, while Powell will face the Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission (JADCo) disciplinary committee a week later on January 14-15....Powell and Simpson join Traves Smikle, Allison Randall and Demar Robinson, who also tested positive for banned substances with their trial dates finalised. Randall got December 5 and 6; Robinson, December 12 and 13; and Smikle, December 16 and 17, to defend themselves."

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Confidence
shivfan

Postby shivfan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:56 am

"HE hearing into the doping case against national discus thrower Allison Randall, which got underway at the Jamaica Conference Centre on Thursday, was subsequently adjourned on Friday until December 16, it was widely reported. The 25-year-old, who holds the Jamaican discus record with a distance of 61.21 metres, is one of eight Jamaicans who have tested positive for banned substances this year."

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Ra ... 6_15591650
shivfan

Postby gh » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:46 am

and now the Smikle case has been suspended because of the absence of two JADCO witnesses (story on front page)
gh

Postby JumboElliott » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:37 pm

This is just funny at this point.
JumboElliott

Postby Blues » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:54 am

JumboElliott wrote:This is just funny at this point.

So the HCTZ may have been clandestinely included in his Animal Pak supplement that he initially stated that he stopped taking weeks before he tested positive. Unfortunately, because he has no more of the Animal Pak supplement that he took, it can't be tested for the possible unlabeled presence of an extremely, extremely, extremely long acting and slowly metabolized form of HCTZ.. :wink:

http://www.animalpak.com/store/images/packaging/14.jpg
Blues

Postby shivfan » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:44 am

For the record, the Smikle hearing has only been adjourned until Jan 31 for submissions to made...nothing to do with witnesses. A one-day postponement is nothing to get worked up over:

"He said the physiotherapist at the university, Kerrylee Ricketts, recommended some to him, and he started taking Omega 3 and Twin Lab vitamins. He said he began taking Animal Pak two weeks before the National Championships. He said he had been getting sick a lot and his regular vitamins had run out, so he obtained two packs of Animal Pak. He did not tell his coach about it until a few months after the National Championships. However, Robinson referred to Smikle's statement that was submitted into evidence prior to the start of the hearing on Monday. In it, Smikle said he had stopped taking Animal Pak weeks before the National Championships. It came out during the proceedings that samples of the other vitamins Smikle had been taking were tested and found to be free of HCTZ. However, his supply of Animal Pak was depleted and hence was not available to be tested. The hearing was adjourned until January 31, when both sides will make submissions."

'Lackston Robinson, JADCO’s attorney, argued that she was “significantly negligent” and could not rely on mitigating circumstances in her defence. The supplement Epiphany D1 was identified as the product that triggered her adverse analytical finding last June at the National Championships, despite what she claimed was thorough research on the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) banned list. According to Simpson, she was given a number of supplements by Canadian physical trainer Chris Xuereb and being familiar with most except Epiphany D1, she went online for nearly three hours before taking it. “I Googled the Epiphany D1 on the WADA banned list and saw nothing on the bottle which appeared on the WADA list. No alarm bell. No red flag,” said Simpson. “I double-checked with a banned substance and typed it in and it brought me back to the banned list,” she explained.'

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/-No-alarm-bells-

And on the front page....

"The discus throwers Allison Randall and Traves Smikle, and the high-jumper Demar Robinson, who also tested positive for banned products last year, had their cases heard in December at the Jamaica Conference Centre in Kingston. Simpson's hearing, which will be accessible to the public and media, will also be heard at the venue."

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/j ... itive-test

So, we're still waiting to hear the verdicts in the cases against Randall and Robinson. But I like the idea of Sherone's hearing being made public. Will the same be done for the cases against Asafa and Gay?
shivfan

Postby Blues » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:51 am

The link below has a description of the ingredients in Epiphany D1, the supplement that SS says was responsible for her positive test, and that she didn't think would be a problem after researching it online for several hours. I'm not sure I would have come to the same conclusion that she did, although some of the online scientific information regarding acacia rigidula was released after her positive test. Still, there seem to be some red flags regarding that substance prior to her positive test that might make others be more cautious. I haven't checked out any of the other ingredients yet.

http://www.epiphanyd1.com/ingredients.aspx

http://mvrocket.com/2012/07/03/stimulan ... ing-tests/
Blues

Postby shivfan » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:47 am

"There was no resolution yesterday as the doping violation hearing of Olympic sprinter Sherone Simpson continues into next month. But the source of the banned stimulant Oxilofrine - a neurotransmitter support product, Epiphany D1 - was confirmed during yesterday's sitting before the Jamaica Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel at the Jamaica Conference Centre. Three new witnesses were called to testify, but the case will resume on February 4 and 5, after yesterday's proceedings came to a close at almost 5 p.m. At the hearing, Simpson's one-time MVP training partner, Asafa Powell, also noted that he had not recommended his former physical therapist, Chris Xuereb, to Simpson, nor did he have any knowledge that the Canadian was treating her until they were both notified that they had tested positive for Oxilofrine at last year's National Championships, while in Italy."

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2014 ... orts1.html
shivfan

Postby gh » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:16 am

please be more judicious in your cutting-and-pasting of other peoples' material. (we're tough on copyright protection and marketing rights here)

Couple of sentences to get the idea, then direct to the link, plz.
gh

Postby shivfan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:16 am

gh wrote:please be more judicious in your cutting-and-pasting of other peoples' material. (we're tough on copyright protection and marketing rights here)

Couple of sentences to get the idea, then direct to the link, plz.

Will do....
8-)
Three sentences should be okay?

"OLYMPIC 100m silver medallist Sherone Simpson will have to wait another month to know her fate after her anti-doping hearing was pushed back to February 4 and 5. The hearing, which began on Tuesday, was scheduled to last two days but the Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission (JADCO) disciplinary panel could not conclude the case in time. A key JADCO witness, Dr Paul Wright, was not available, plus a report from the Informed Choice lab in Kentucky that the defence claims proved that the Epiphany D1 supplement contains the banned substance oxilofrine, was still to be delivered to the panel."

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Si ... 5_15754250

Hmmm...the same Dr Paul Wright who had so much to say after WADA's shortened visit to Jamaica. Seems he talks the talk, but doesn't exactly walk the walk.
shivfan

Postby shivfan » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:45 pm

"Former 100m world record holder and two-time World Championships bronze medallist, Asafa Powell, is expected to begin explaining the circumstances behind last summer's positive drug test, as his Jamaica Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel hearing begins at the Jamaica Conference Centre today at 10 a.m."

shivfan

Postby shivfan » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:43 pm

One of these stories is on the front page....

"Powell, 31, also admitted that he failed to list the supplements which he had been taking for approximately three weeks to doping control officers because he simply could not remember their names, adding that he spent over six hours researching the products, which included Epiphany D1."

"Former 100-metre world record holder Asafa Powell said he took four Epiphany D1 tablets on the instruction of trainer Chris Xuereb, on the day he raced at the National Championships in June 2013. Powell said he took the tablets at about 6:30 a.m. more than 12 hours before he ran in the 100 metre semi-finals at the National Stadium at about 7:15 p.m. and the final two hours later. He finished seventh in the final."

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2014 ... orts2.html
shivfan

Postby JumboElliott » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:45 am

How do you not know what's going into your body? Just reckless and stupid if true.
JumboElliott

Postby Bruce Kritzler » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:50 pm

shivfan wrote:"Powell, 31, also admitted that he failed to list the supplements which he had been taking for approximately three weeks to doping control officers because he simply could not remember their names, adding that he spent over six hours researching the products, which included Epiphany D1."

If Powell doesn't bring a list of his supplements with him to drug testing, he is a complete idiot, who doesn't deserve to make a living running track.
Bruce Kritzler

Postby houstonian » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:48 pm

Bruce Kritzler wrote: If Powell doesn't bring a list of his supplements with him to drug testing, he is a complete idiot, who doesn't deserve to make a living running track.

I think you are expecting too much. I do not think you understand the population in question. This is not a white-collar world. This is the realm of physical genius and often unpolished edges. It should not come as a shock to you that there are 'idiots' in athletics. Many athletes would fail to bring their supplements list to a hearing. That is how they came to be at the hearing, in the first place. Going to hearings is not the forte' of the athlete.

This is not the board room. Athletics is much closer to the Wild West.
houstonian

PreviousNext