forget best-movie lists....

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Re: forget best-movie lists....

Postby jeremyp » Wed May 08, 2013 7:19 am

All I need to do to recall, and forget my 60's/70's days is to see a picture of myself in flared polyester trousers, owl glasses, and sideburns. I did like my brown hair though.....sigh. :cry:
jeremyp

Postby Marlow » Wed May 08, 2013 7:47 am

jeremyp wrote:All I need to do to recall, and forget my 60's/70's days is to see a picture of myself in flared polyester trousers, owl glasses, and sideburns. I did like my brown hair though.....sigh. :cry:

I have one picture of me as a 1969 hippie at Stanford, before I had to cut my hair and get inducted into the ROTC unit. It's a source of unceasing hilarity to my kids and now grandkids. The de rigueur chambray blue work-shirt and the bell-bottom jeans with the fancy fringe on the bottom are too much to bear. :oops:
Marlow

Postby lonewolf » Wed May 08, 2013 8:50 am

My youngest daughter, born 1967, has loved old b&W movies and the stars from 1930s-40s since she was a teenager. I don't remember being critical of them when they were new but now when I humor her by watching one with her, I am struck with how bad the acting and lines are... of course, that is also true of most current movies/films. :?
lonewolf

Postby norunner » Wed May 08, 2013 1:56 pm

Did they ever rediscover season 1 of The Avengers? I bought a complete boxset many years ago only to discover that season 1 was missing and later learned that the original reels were destroyed.
norunner