Operation Puerto - Terrible news in the biggest dope scandal

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Operation Puerto - Terrible news in the biggest dope scandal

Postby eldanielfire » Wed May 01, 2013 1:27 am

In even more disgusting news, the Judge in Operation Puerto has orders the blood bags to be destroyed. The blood bags of football players, Tennis players and Track and Field Athletes which they have already tried to surpress the names of. Lawyers trying to challenge this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others ... -bags.html

This is probably the biggest doping news in a decade and potentially bigger than Balco and the Spanish judge has tried everything he can to keep it nice and covered up.
eldanielfire

Re: Operation Puerto - Terrible news in the biggest dope sca

Postby TeWaio » Wed May 01, 2013 4:25 am

The cynic in me says that as soon as Efe Fuentes claimed if he spoke out then the entire Spanish soccer team would be implicated, the huge amounts of power and money in that sport would prevent the full story ever being known.
TeWaio

Postby 26mi235 » Wed May 01, 2013 4:27 am

I think that pressure should be put on the Spanish that if they want the OGs, that this cannot continue.
26mi235

Postby TeWaio » Wed May 01, 2013 4:57 am

Ditto Istanbul 2020's OG bid, given how many +ve's Turkish athletics have had recently
TeWaio

Postby eldanielfire » Wed May 01, 2013 5:07 am

TeWaio wrote:Ditto Istanbul 2020's OG bid, given how many +ve's Turkish athletics have had recently

At least so far we have had no evidence of Turkish cover-ups. Or rather Turkish authorities covering up.
eldanielfire

Postby jazzcyclist » Wed May 01, 2013 5:16 am

Send Travis Tygart over to Spain. He'll get top the bottom of it. :roll:
jazzcyclist

Postby Pego » Wed May 01, 2013 5:17 am

If you guys expect the federations of "major" sports to implement anything remotely close to the draconic drug laws that the "Olympic" sports have, I have a bridge to sell you.
Pego

Postby jazzcyclist » Wed May 01, 2013 5:22 am

Pego wrote:If you guys expect the federations of "major" sports to implement anything remotely close to the draconic drug laws that the "Olympic" sports have, I have a bridge to sell you.

But tennis, soccer and basketball are Olympic sports, it's just that the IOC and WADA have given them a pass. Cycling and track & field seem to be the only sports that aren't immune from witchhunts.
jazzcyclist

Postby Conor Dary » Wed May 01, 2013 9:17 am

jazzcyclist wrote:
Pego wrote:If you guys expect the federations of "major" sports to implement anything remotely close to the draconic drug laws that the "Olympic" sports have, I have a bridge to sell you.

But tennis, soccer and basketball are Olympic sports, it's just that the IOC and WADA have given them a pass. Cycling and track & field seem to be the only sports that aren't immune from witchhunts.

Because their fan base is .0001%.
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby Conor Dary » Wed May 01, 2013 9:18 am

26mi235 wrote:I think that pressure should be put on the Spanish that if they want the OGs, that this cannot continue.

I think with 25% unemployment they have bigger worries than getting the Olympics.
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby tandfman » Wed May 08, 2013 6:44 am

Not sure this will do any good, but if you want to sign a petition to the court to reverse the ruling, go here:

https://www.change.org/petitions/do-not ... ping-trial
tandfman