Chris Gayle the Usain Bolt of Cricket 100 in 30 balls!!!!!!!

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Chris Gayle the Usain Bolt of Cricket 100 in 30 balls!!!!!!!

Postby starboyunlimited » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:04 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn9m60PrMJY

The West Indies batsman, 33, beat Australian Andrew Symonds's 34-ball ton in 2004 and he went on to record the highest Twenty20 score of 175 not out.

Gayle smashed 17 sixes and 13 fours in a 66-ball knock, beating Brendan McCullum of New Zealand's 158 not out. His Royal Challengers Bangalore side amassed a T20 record 263-5 against Pune Warriors in the Indian Premier League.

The score eclipses the previous best of 260, set by Sri Lanka against Kenya in Johannesburg in September 2007. Gayle told ITV4: "I'm lost for words. It was just one of those days. It's a good wicket and I started well.

"I got a good total. I can't say it's a decent total - it's a good total.

"All I had for breakfast this morning was a plain omelette, two pancakes and a hot chocolate."
Pune were batting second in the match. In November last year, Gayle became the first man to hit a six off the opening ball of a Test match - the left hander hit Bangladesh debutant Sohag Gazi for a maximum in the first Test in Dhaka.
starboyunlimited

Re: Chris Gayle the Usain Bolt of Cricket 100 in 30 balls!!!

Postby Marlow » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:33 am

starboyunlimited wrote:The West Indies batsman . . . went on to record the highest Twenty20 score of 175 not out. Gayle smashed 17 sixes and 13 fours in a 66-ball knock, beating Brendan McCullum of New Zealand's 158 not out. Gayle told ITV4: "I'm lost for words. It was just one of those days. It's a good wicket."

Reminds of one of those stand-up routines of a crick commentator.
"The batsmen is on blob. The pitch is a bunsen, but that ball was a grubber. It was a sandshoe crusher"
Marlow

Re: Chris Gayle the Usain Bolt of Cricket 100 in 30 balls!!!

Postby Tuariki » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:24 pm

Big deal. I believe Tiger got more than 100 with just 2 balls. :mrgreen:
Tuariki