Tiger hunting, AKA 2013 Masters

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Re: Tiger hunting, AKA 2013 Masters

Postby Conor Dary » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:33 pm

At Masters, a Swan Song for Long Putters.

Can't say I will miss them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/16/sport ... l?ref=golf
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby bambam » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:48 pm

Dutra5 wrote:I was in attendance with my uncle although I don't recall much about it other than some of the local names such as Courville and Burns.

Well, then you should have known me! Here's the weird thing that happened. I grew up around Boston, but only moved there when I was 7 yo, having been born in Paterson, New Jersey. All the New Jersey players lost in the first round so the local papers, including the Paterson Morning-Call had to find somebody to write about and they saw my place of birth listed and adopted me as one of the local players in the local papers, and started writing about me. Still didn't help against Curtis.
bambam

Postby Dutra5 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:46 am

bambam wrote:
Dutra5 wrote:I was in attendance with my uncle although I don't recall much about it other than some of the local names such as Courville and Burns.

Well, then you should have known me! Here's the weird thing that happened. I grew up around Boston, but only moved there when I was 7 yo, having been born in Paterson, New Jersey. All the New Jersey players lost in the first round so the local papers, including the Paterson Morning-Call had to find somebody to write about and they saw my place of birth listed and adopted me as one of the local players in the local papers, and started writing about me. Still didn't help against Curtis.

Unfortunately, at the time, I knew two names in the amateur golf world and not being a super fan of the sport I concentrated on those two if their names were in the paper. I had no knowledge of who Curtis Strange was at that time and was only reminded of the fact that he beat Courville at the event we attended by my uncle after Curtis became more of a name. The only reason I jumped in after your story regarding Fred Ridley was because I wanted to see if I could find the results of the event we attended which took entirely too much time and I never did completely find :lol:
Dutra5