Çakır-Alptekin positive? [second scandal erupts]


A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby norunner » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:53 am

pakillo wrote:
norunner wrote:
peach77 wrote:Also, I think it's a dangerous assumption that people are making about the silver medallist. Whilst I am the first to agree that she's from a country that's clearly having "issues" with doping at the moment, her progression is not "as" outrageous for someone coming straight out of the junior ranks and whilst I know my own personal feelings on the matter, there has to be a level of "innocent until proven guilty" or, frankly, what is the point of watching this sport?
Improving from 4:18 to 4:01 within one year is not outrageous enough? So when does it get outrageous? 3:59? 3:55?

No it's not outrageous and especially not at the age of 19 or 20!
So once again the question, where does outrageous begin? If i remember correctly, from 85 to 86 Randy Barnes improved from below 19 meters to 21.88. Within one year, he was 19 then too. I guess you would have considered that perfectly normal too.
norunner
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby pakillo » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:00 am

Btw, my question is why Justin Gatlin was allowed to compete after his two doping offenses?
I think Josephine Oniya will be eligible to compete also.

Someone gets 6 months ban for psychostimulant, others get 2 years for psychostimulant... :?
pakillo
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:05 pm

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby pakillo » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:16 am

norunner wrote:
pakillo wrote:
norunner wrote:
peach77 wrote:Also, I think it's a dangerous assumption that people are making about the silver medallist. Whilst I am the first to agree that she's from a country that's clearly having "issues" with doping at the moment, her progression is not "as" outrageous for someone coming straight out of the junior ranks and whilst I know my own personal feelings on the matter, there has to be a level of "innocent until proven guilty" or, frankly, what is the point of watching this sport?
Improving from 4:18 to 4:01 within one year is not outrageous enough? So when does it get outrageous? 3:59? 3:55?

No it's not outrageous and especially not at the age of 19 or 20!
So once again the question, where does outrageous begin? If i remember correctly, from 85 to 86 Randy Barnes improved from below 19 meters to 21.88. Within one year, he was 19 then too. I guess you would have considered that perfectly normal too.

In his case definitely not perfectly normal.
Just that "sudden improvement" argument is kind of overrated.
pakillo
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:05 pm

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby Flumpy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:42 am

Rineanna wrote:Yanit's case will be interesting. If found guilty, I wonder how far back they'll go when stripping her collection of titles? Wikipedia's opening line on Yanit: "Nevin Yanıt, (born February 16, 1986 in Mersin) is a European champion Turkish female sprinter and notorious drug cheat".


Who would have done such a thing? :wink: :P :lol:
Flumpy
 
Posts: 3900
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby Flumpy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:50 am

pakillo wrote: In his case definitely not perfectly normal.
Just that "sudden improvement" argument is kind of overrated.


But nobody is condemning someone for a 'sudden improvement'. That happens all the time. But a 17 second improvement is utterly ridiculous. When viewed in conjunction with all the other factors it's entirely reasonable to be suspicious of her.

I agree entirely with peachy above. Retrospective annulments of results are long overdue. It's ridiculous that someone can keep a title if they fail a test a few months after and even more ridiculous when someone serving a ban is upgraded to a medal from a previous champs.

12 months annulments and no upgrades ever for anyone who has a ban of 2 years or more + career annulments for those banned for life.

I mean Randy Barnes still holds the Shot Putt WR??? :roll:
Flumpy
 
Posts: 3900
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby Flumpy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:51 am

pakillo wrote:Btw, my question is why Justin Gatlin was allowed to compete after his two doping offenses?


Lawyers.

He was also supposed to have helped out the authorities wasn't he? Although we never found out what help he was :?
Flumpy
 
Posts: 3900
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby peach77 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:52 am

norunner wrote:Improving from 4:18 to 4:01 within one year is not outrageous enough? So when does it get outrageous? 3:59? 3:55?


You miss the point entirely. Had that happened at the age of 26, of course it's a ridiculous improvement. I mentioned in my initial post that she is just coming out of the junior ranks- 2012 was her first year as a senior. There are myriad reasons why a junior runner improves quickly entering the senior ranks- different levels of competition, their bodies are still developing etc etc...there are hundreds of examples of athletes who've made massive leaps at that age who we have absolutely no suspicions about at all.

As I also said in my post, I have my own opinion on whether there should be "suspicion" around Bulut, and don't take this as an impassioned defence of her AT ALL, but I don't think it's fair at this stage that she is openly slandered as dirty, which is happening in this thread (and no one seems to be questioning it), when there is nothing really other than her nationality to suggest that she is...
peach77
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:26 am

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby nevetsllim » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:06 am

peach77 wrote:
norunner wrote:Improving from 4:18 to 4:01 within one year is not outrageous enough? So when does it get outrageous? 3:59? 3:55?


As I also said in my post, I have my own opinion on whether there should be "suspicion" around Bulut, and don't take this as an impassioned defence of her AT ALL, but I don't think it's fair at this stage that she is openly slandered as dirty, which is happening in this thread (and no one seems to be questioning it), when there is nothing really other than her nationality to suggest that she is...


I agree to an extent but she was 68th out of 74 runners over 4km in the junior race at the European XC Championships in December 2010 and 2:05 behind the winner Charlotte Purdue. I know it's not unusual for junior athletes to make great strides but it just seems too much to believe this is legit.
nevetsllim
 
Posts: 6261
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:54 am

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby norunner » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:30 am

peach77 wrote:
norunner wrote:there are hundreds of examples of athletes who've made massive leaps at that age who we have absolutely no suspicions about at all.
There are? Can you name a few? And i mean from obscurity to top of the world, since she may be olympic champion. There are 100s of juniors who improve from 4:30 to 4:15 within a year, or from 2.10 to 2.20 in the high jump or 10.4 to 10.1 over 100m. But there aren't many i can think of who come from ZERO to number one in the world.
norunner
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby mump boy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:57 am

And of course we have to take her country into account, it is a fundamental factor, as is her total lack of racing outside of champs (i can't find any races but i may be wrong) There are also other very obvious tell tale signs that i shall gloss over.

She didn't just take up the sport and appear out of nowhere last year, she has been competing for her country since at least '09, she was just rubbish before last year.

I would never suggest that people have done anything wrong JUST because of their country of origin but when you start to add everything else up it becomes pretty obvious
mump boy
 
Posts: 5636
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: saaaaaarf london

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby mump boy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:58 am

norunner wrote:
peach77 wrote:
norunner wrote:there are hundreds of examples of athletes who've made massive leaps at that age who we have absolutely no suspicions about at all.
There are? Can you name a few? And i mean from obscurity to top of the world, since she may be olympic champion. There are 100s of juniors who improve from 4:30 to 4:15 within a year, or from 2.10 to 2.20 in the high jump or 10.4 to 10.1 over 100m. But there aren't many i can think of who come from ZERO to number one in the world.


Caster Semenya ? Pamela Jelimo :wink:
mump boy
 
Posts: 5636
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: saaaaaarf london

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby Pego » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:02 am

mump boy wrote:Caster Semenya ?


A good one.
Pego
 
Posts: 10202
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby Master Po » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:19 am

I agree w peach's comments above regarding getting rid of prior marks for proven cheaters. I hate looking at all-time lists, event histories, etc. and seeing the marks of proven cheaters there. I would like to see all marks by such athletes invalidated. I know this won't happen, but I nevertheless wish it were the case. I think of it as a kind of punitive damages penalty, because, imo, such athletes are doing damage to the sport, and to other athletes. (And if a suspended athlete wished to appeal the removal of prior marks -- under the claim that he/she wasn't cheating at that point in her or his career -- perhaps the athlete could come forward with the details of his/her cheating program, with dates, names, protocols, etc., to try to demonstrate when he/she was clean, and when not. That might make for interesting reading in doping appeals inquiries.)

As for Bulut, I hope -- for the sake of keeping this thread open -- that we can restrain our speculations, or at least state them with as much care as possible. I get the sentiment that accompanies such speculations, but I just want to encourage my fellow posters -- again, in the interest of keeping this thread open -- to keep the focus on those matters we can fully discuss. :)
Master Po
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: north coast USA

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby Blues » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:05 am

Flumpy wrote:
pakillo wrote:Btw, my question is why Justin Gatlin was allowed to compete after his two doping offenses?


Lawyers.

He was also supposed to have helped out the authorities wasn't he? Although we never found out what help he was :?


Assuming that the IAAF penalties for a second offense at the time of Justin Gatlin's second violation were the same as they are today, then the penalty for a second offense depended on the category of the first offense, along with the category of the second offense. If Gatlin's Adderall prescription that he was taking for the ADHD (that he'd been diagnosed with at age 9, and that he tested positive for as a 19 yr old college student after having the drug prescribed for him by his ADHD physicians since age 14), was considered a reduced sanction offense (which I assume that it was, since the IAAF reinstated him early), then his penalty for the second "standard" offense would be 4-8 yrs. Clicking on the IAAF Competition Rules 2012-2013 (Chapter 3) in the link below, and then scrolling down to page 77, will show the chart with the breakdown of second offense penalties based on the first offense category.

http://www.iaaf.org/about-iaaf/document ... ping#rules

And as far as a reduced sanction violation goes, the definition is as such (full info. regarding reduced sanctions found on page 73 of the same linked download):

Elimination or Reduction of Period of Ineligibility for Specified Substances under Specific Circumstances 4.
"Where an Athlete or other Person can establish how a Specified
Substance entered his body or came into his Possession and that such Specified Substance was not intended to enhance the Athlete’s sport performance or mask the Use of a performance enhancing substance, the period of Ineligibility in Rule 40.2 shall be replaced with the following:
First Violation: At a minimum, a reprimand and no period of Ineligibility from future Competitions and, at a maximum, two (2) years’ Ineligibility. To justify any elimination or reduction, the Athlete or other Person must produce corroborating evidence in addition to his word which establishes to the comfortable satisfaction of the hearing panel the absence of an intent to enhance sport performance or to mask the Use of a performance-enhancing substance. The Athlete or other Person’s degree of fault shall be the criterion considered in assessing any reduction of period of Ineligibility. This Article applies only in those circumstances where the hearing panel is comfortably satisfied by the objective circumstances of the case that the Athlete in taking a Prohibited Substance did not intend to enhance his sport performance."
Last edited by Blues on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blues
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:58 am

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby mump boy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:56 am

Master Po wrote:I agree w peach's comments above regarding getting rid of prior marks for proven cheaters. I hate looking at all-time lists, event histories, etc. and seeing the marks of proven cheaters there. I would like to see all marks by such athletes invalidated. I know this won't happen, but I nevertheless wish it were the case. I think of it as a kind of punitive damages penalty, because, imo, such athletes are doing damage to the sport, and to other athletes. (And if a suspended athlete wished to appeal the removal of prior marks -- under the claim that he/she wasn't cheating at that point in her or his career -- perhaps the athlete could come forward with the details of his/her cheating program, with dates, names, protocols, etc., to try to demonstrate when he/she was clean, and when not. That might make for interesting reading in doping appeals inquiries.)



Great idea
mump boy
 
Posts: 5636
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: saaaaaarf london

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby mump boy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:57 am

Turkey take a tough line on drug cheats

http://www.sportsfeatures.com/presspoin ... -on-doping

:lol: :lol:
mump boy
 
Posts: 5636
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: saaaaaarf london

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby JumboElliott » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:25 am

pakillo wrote:Btw, my question is why Justin Gatlin was allowed to compete after his two doping offenses?
I think Josephine Oniya will be eligible to compete also.

Someone gets 6 months ban for psychostimulant, others get 2 years for psychostimulant... :?

Sigh. This again?

I guess since I've taken adderall since I was 10 then I'm a doper too?
JumboElliott
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:46 am

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby Ned Ryerson » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:46 am

mump boy wrote:And of course we have to take her country into account, it is a fundamental factor, as is her total lack of racing outside of champs (i can't find any races but i may be wrong) There are also other very obvious tell tale signs that i shall gloss over.


Paris, where she and twice-convicted drug user Selsouli both ran 3:56. But that was it for 2012.
Ned Ryerson
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby Ned Ryerson » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:46 am

JumboElliott wrote:Sigh. This again?

I guess since I've taken adderall since I was 10 then I'm a doper too?


Get a TUE.
Ned Ryerson
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby mump boy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:39 am

Ned Ryerson wrote:
mump boy wrote:And of course we have to take her country into account, it is a fundamental factor, as is her total lack of racing outside of champs (i can't find any races but i may be wrong) There are also other very obvious tell tale signs that i shall gloss over.


Paris, where she and twice-convicted drug user Selsouli both ran 3:56. But that was it for 2012.


We're talking about Bulut not Cakir
mump boy
 
Posts: 5636
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: saaaaaarf london

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby JumboElliott » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:49 am

Bulut won a 1500 in 4:03.42 on June 9th in Istanbul.

http://www.tilastopaja.org/db/earesults ... D=12823655
JumboElliott
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:46 am

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby mump boy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:32 pm

JumboElliott wrote:Bulut won a 1500 in 4:03.42 on June 9th in Istanbul.

http://www.tilastopaja.org/db/earesults ... D=12823655


Oh that's alright then :lol: :lol:
mump boy
 
Posts: 5636
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: saaaaaarf london

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby gh » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:00 pm

you can't make shit like this up!!!!! Ayhan suing Alptekin for a share of her winnings? See front page.
gh
 
Posts: 46334
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby John G » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:18 pm

lovetorun wrote:IMHO another factor that made the London Women's 1500 a farce, even though it has nothing to do with the PED issue, is that a certain runner who fell with a lap to go could very well have medaled.


I just watched the semis and final again. Uceny was found badly wanting down the back straight in the semi - hard to believe she would have been a factor in the final. What did strike me however, was that Aregawi should have won. She was in a terrible position with 500 to go; clashed with Uceny just after the bell; stumbled; lost ground and ran wide and then put in far too great an effort in the penultimate 200.
John G
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby ed gee » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:27 pm

"...she received a lifetime ban for using illegal substances in 2009.
Both athletes have been role models for young Turkish sports people, particularly girls."

Well written!

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/two-fe ... &nid=42465
ed gee
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby mump boy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:22 pm

European Athletics ‏@EuroAthletics 20 Mar
Congratulations to Nevin Yanit of Turkey - the women's European Athlete of the Month! http://bit.ly/11j8jtY pic.twitter.com/GPCoHBxKbL
View photo Reply Retweet Favorite More


https://twitter.com/EuroAthletics/statu ... 76/photo/1

:lol: :lol: :lol:
mump boy
 
Posts: 5636
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: saaaaaarf london

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby JumboElliott » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:53 am

Wow, excellent find mump
JumboElliott
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:46 am

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby eldanielfire » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:49 am

mump boy wrote:
European Athletics ‏@EuroAthletics 20 Mar
Congratulations to Nevin Yanit of Turkey - the women's European Athlete of the Month! http://bit.ly/11j8jtY pic.twitter.com/GPCoHBxKbL
View photo Reply Retweet Favorite More


https://twitter.com/EuroAthletics/statu ... 76/photo/1

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's hilarious. I'm one who tends be critical of people throwing the doping stick at any athlete with out evidence, but I was a bit surprised at that one considering who it was and who else it could have been given to (perri Shakes Drayton; double gold, world lead, championship record) given the fact she also wasn't exactly undeserving of suspicion.
eldanielfire
 
Posts: 1321
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:07 am

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby Daisy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:21 am

gh wrote:you can't make shit like this up!!!!! Ayhan suing Alptekin for a share of her winnings? See front page.

This needs to become the gold standard for anyone wanting to define farce.
Former 1,500-meter European champion Süreyya Ayhan Kop, who currently serves a lifetime ban from the sports for doping, files a criminal complainmt against Aslı Çakır Alptekin, who led a Turkish one-two at 2012 London Olympics, to claim part of her winnings as a part of a ‘consultancy’ deal
Daisy
 
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby Master Po » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:09 am

ed gee wrote:"...she received a lifetime ban for using illegal substances in 2009.
Both athletes have been role models for young Turkish sports people, particularly girls."

Well written!

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/two-fe ... &nid=42465


Glad someone else noticed this. :)
Master Po
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: north coast USA

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby pakillo » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:42 am

eldanielfire wrote:
mump boy wrote:
European Athletics ‏@EuroAthletics 20 Mar
Congratulations to Nevin Yanit of Turkey - the women's European Athlete of the Month! http://bit.ly/11j8jtY pic.twitter.com/GPCoHBxKbL
View photo Reply Retweet Favorite More


https://twitter.com/EuroAthletics/statu ... 76/photo/1

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's hilarious. I'm one who tends be critical of people throwing the doping stick at any athlete with out evidence, but I was a bit surprised at that one considering who it was and who else it could have been given to (perri Shakes Drayton; double gold, world lead, championship record) given the fact she also wasn't exactly undeserving of suspicion.

Fans can vote for the European Athlete of the Month. Used to be on EAA website but through Facebook since recently.
pakillo
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:05 pm

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby mump boy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:05 pm

pakillo wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
mump boy wrote:
European Athletics ‏@EuroAthletics 20 Mar
Congratulations to Nevin Yanit of Turkey - the women's European Athlete of the Month! http://bit.ly/11j8jtY pic.twitter.com/GPCoHBxKbL
View photo Reply Retweet Favorite More


https://twitter.com/EuroAthletics/statu ... 76/photo/1

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's hilarious. I'm one who tends be critical of people throwing the doping stick at any athlete with out evidence, but I was a bit surprised at that one considering who it was and who else it could have been given to (perri Shakes Drayton; double gold, world lead, championship record) given the fact she also wasn't exactly undeserving of suspicion.

Fans can vote for the European Athlete of the Month. Used to be on EAA website but through Facebook since recently.


It can't all be attributed to fans

At the end of each month, a panel of experts produces a shortlist of the outstanding athletes and performances achieved by European athletes during that month, which is then mailed to the European athletics media and thousands of fans who have signed up to receive news from European Athletics.

The European Athlete of the Month fan voting takes place through our Facebook page, while members of the media can cast their vote on our website.

Fans are also able to vote through the European Athletics mobile applications on iPhone and Android phones.

The public, media and a group of expert statisticians cast their votes for the European Athlete of the Month with each category counting as 33.3 per cent of the vote.


http://www.european-athletics.org/athle ... month.html
mump boy
 
Posts: 5636
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: saaaaaarf london

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby sl » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:03 pm

gh wrote:you can't make shit like this up!!!!! Ayhan suing Alptekin for a share of her winnings? See front page.


Particularly humorous since Alptekin, obviously completely tone deaf, credited Ayhan as her inspiration in the post-race press conference in London. Both Alptekin and Bulut were whisked out of that press conference VERY quickly before anyone could start asking pointed questions.
sl
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby Master Po » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:47 pm

These substances have all sorts of effects, but still no evidence they make the users smarter...
:)
Master Po
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: north coast USA

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby Tuariki » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:03 pm

sl wrote:
gh wrote:you can't make shit like this up!!!!! Ayhan suing Alptekin for a share of her winnings? See front page.


Particularly humorous since Alptekin, obviously completely tone deaf, credited Ayhan as her inspiration in the post-race press conference in London. Both Alptekin and Bulut were whisked out of that press conference VERY quickly before anyone could start asking pointed questions.

Do you think Alptekin might have passed on the knowledge gained from when she was attending the Belarus School of Pharmacology?
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby lionelp1 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:29 am

JumboElliott wrote:
pakillo wrote:Btw, my question is why Justin Gatlin was allowed to compete after his two doping offenses?
I think Josephine Oniya will be eligible to compete also.

Someone gets 6 months ban for psychostimulant, others get 2 years for psychostimulant... :?

Sigh. This again?

I guess since I've taken adderall since I was 10 then I'm a doper too?

You have to have good lawyers and sympathetic authorities to get away with a ban which should have been a life ban and ends up with a bronze medal :lol:
lionelp1
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:48 am

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby JumboElliott » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:47 am

Gatlin's adderall ban shouldn't have counted in the first place. He should have sued the USADA for discrimination.
JumboElliott
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:46 am

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby gh » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:50 am

I'm surprised USADA doesn't turn up a lot more Adderall positives. Every time I see the figures on the percent of American students who have scrips for it I'm shocked.
gh
 
Posts: 46334
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby JumboElliott » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:25 am

90% or more of which are completely bullshit. Kids who get to college and realize they need to stay up to study. Justin's case didn't sound like it was BS. I know that if I didn't take it, it would be difficult to sit through one class.
JumboElliott
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:46 am

Re: Çakır-Alptekin positive?

Postby Flumpy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:33 am

JumboElliott wrote:Gatlin's adderall ban shouldn't have counted in the first place. He should have sued the USADA for discrimination.


Oh please. He should have been banned for life.
Flumpy
 
Posts: 3900
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests