Look out Usain Bolt..Terrell Sinkfield 40 yard Record 4.19!!


A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Re: Look out Usain Bolt..Terrell Sinkfield 40 yard Record 4.

Postby Marlow » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:08 pm

jazzcyclist wrote:Chris Johnson, does not. How do you explain him?

As I said before, when he runs a legit 40 (FAT), I'll believe it (not that I don't think he isn't really quick - he is). Football 40s are not a legit criterion. HIs time there, vis-a-vis tracksters, are because THAT IS his milieu (turf and cleats, 3-point stance). But the times run there are virtually meaningless compared to what Bolt is running FAT.
Marlow
 
Posts: 21079
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: Look out Usain Bolt..Terrell Sinkfield 40 yard Record 4.

Postby jazzcyclist » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:18 pm

Marlow wrote:
jazzcyclist wrote:Chris Johnson, does not. How do you explain him?

As I said before, when he runs a legit 40 (FAT), I'll believe it (not that I don't think he isn't really quick - he is). Football 40s are not a legit criterion. HIs time there, vis-a-vis tracksters, are because THAT IS his milieu (turf and cleats, 3-point stance). But the times run there are virtually meaningless compared to what Bolt is running FAT.

Now you're creating straw men. The whole thread is about football 40's, not track 60's and 100's. No one is arguing that Johnson is faster than elite sprinters in an IAAF sanction event, I'm talking about NFL sanctioned 40-yard dashes. Here are the incontrovertible facts:

    1) Holliday was faster the a peak-form Gay at 40 yards.
    2) Johnson was faster than Holliday at 40 yards at the NFL Combine by an amount outside the margin of error.
    Conclusion: In 2008, Johnson was faster than Gay in the football 40 (field turf, football cleats, no starting blocks).
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10857
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Look out Usain Bolt..Terrell Sinkfield 40 yard Record 4.

Postby Marlow » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:44 pm

jazzcyclist wrote:Now you're creating straw men.

In what YOU thought YOU were arguing. My point has always been the same and, since you have no data on a Chris Johnson FAT 40, unassailable. You can argue it all day long, but I remain unconvinced without actual pertinent data (F40s not being such).
Marlow
 
Posts: 21079
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: Look out Usain Bolt..Terrell Sinkfield 40 yard Record 4.

Postby jazzcyclist » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:36 pm

Marlow wrote:In what YOU thought YOU were arguing. My point has always been the same and, since you have no data on a Chris Johnson FAT 40, unassailable. You can argue it all day long, but I remain unconvinced without actual pertinent data (F40s not being such).

Okay! Now I get it. You reject the facts that contradict your point of view. :wink:
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10857
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests