Ugly in Oregon

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Ugly in Oregon

Postby donley2 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:23 pm

Do the folks in Eugene specialize in ugly? I remember those horrible football uniforms from a year or two ago and now I am watching a duck basketball game and the dang basketball floor is hideous. And I used the word hideous before I even noticed this.

http://www.11points.com/Sports/11_Hideo ... all_Courts
donley2

Re: Ugly in Oregon

Postby lonewolf » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Just so you won't feel lonely, I concur in you opinion of Oregon football uniforms.. and the bb court is kinda unexplainable...
lonewolf

Postby Conor Dary » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:28 am

The court is pretty weird looking. It is suppose to be trees! And those Chinese looking characters is Matt for Matt Knight, Phil Knight's late son, for whom the place is named for (I had to ask my brother, who also was a Duck, what it all was, since I had no idea!). The Arena is immense and across Franklin Blvd. from my old house on Moss.

Yes, the uniforms are something. Some are good and others...oh well.

But at least the Ducks are doing well this year. So I don't give a crap what the court looks like. :lol:
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby lonewolf » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:49 am

It is tough being the uniform police.. even my beloved Oklahoma State seriously offended me this season with some blah grey combinations.. OSU colors are orange/black with permissible white trim or jerseys.. grey belongs at Georgetown and Army. :x
lonewolf

Postby ed gee » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:57 am

Technically, the Army Black Knights are black and gold.
ed gee

Postby Tuariki » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:39 am

ed gee wrote:Technically, the Army Black Knights are black and gold.

The official colours of the Long Grey Line of USMA Westpoint are black, gold and grey. However, the usual sporting uniforms are usually based on black and gold.
Tuariki

Postby Master Po » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:28 pm

One of the things I love about IU basketball is that they don't mess around with their uniforms...to to the extent that they stick with those ridiculous (imo) striped warmup pants, which look like they were stolen from a barbershop quartet supply store. But I think everyone would be disappointed if they didn't see those warmups. I guess it's all tradition. :)
Master Po

Postby batonless relay » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:50 am

I love everything about University of Oregon's uniforms (Logo*, color, the black, the grays, contrasts, gloves, etc) and have never thought they were ugly. (Big fan of Florida, Miami, VT, TCU, OSU, OrST, and what they did previously with Hawai'i) Even the Basketball court is ingenious; the trees represent Oregon. That's cool. Phil Knight and Nike have done an incredible job transforming Oregon athletics.

The newer logo reminds me a lot of Oakley's "older" logo, which would be kind of ironic (or a slap in the face to Jannard) because supposedly the two founders -once best buds- do not like each other.
batonless relay

Postby Dutra5 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:20 pm

The Ducks basketball court may look great in person but it is extremely difficult to watch a game on TV which is on that court.
Dutra5