Oscar Pistorius suffers memory lapse

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Re: Inspector Clouseau - now - The debate on Oscar Pistorius

Postby Daisy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:37 pm

batonless relay wrote:It is a male enhancement drug, which means he could have been banned had he been caught like LaShawn Merritt

Not sure we can assume this, since they are different products.
Daisy

Postby batonless relay » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:39 pm

Daisy wrote:
batonless relay wrote:It is a male enhancement drug, which means he could have been banned had he been caught like LaShawn Merritt

Not sure we can assume this, since they are different products.

good point. i will change it.
batonless relay

Postby user4 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:17 pm

marknhj wrote:
user4 wrote:more information might be helpful,

What the fuck are you talking about now? And why is suicide at all relevant to this thread at all? I'll answer that for you. It isn't.

Your preposterous theories probably include the belief that troubled Brits and historically-associated country folk sometimes commit suicide by whacking themselves in the head with a cricket bat :roll:

I get the strange feeling you dont read anything I actually write. You simply respond to it as if i wrote something that clearly exposed my pen was a felonious weapon or worse that I slandered the sport of cricket :) . For the record I would like to plead not guilty to both of those charges :).
user4

Postby Blues » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:27 am

batonless relay wrote:since we are trying to get back to the case

Testis compositum was the substance found at the home that was initially said to be steroids. It is sometimes used as a male enhancement drug.

Oscar Pistorius' representatives named the substance found in his bedroom after the shooting death of his girlfriend as Testis compositum on Wednesday and said it is an herbal remedy used "in aid of muscle recovery."

A product called Testis compositum is also marketed online in both oral and injectable forms as a testosterone booster and a sexual enhancer. Some online retailers also say it can be used to treat tiredness.

Pistorius' lawyers, through his public relations firm, did not give details as to whether the product they named was the same one marketed in the U.S. as a sexual enhancer with pig testicles, pig heart and pig embryo among its ingredients.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ol ... d/1951159/

Also, we should keep in mind that it's only Pistorius' lawyers who are stating that the substance was Testis compositum. The official police lab analysis report of the substance in Pistorius' vials and syringes hasn't been released yet... And even if Testis compositum is marketed as a male enhancement product, it doesn't necessarily have to contain a substance that's currently banned, as Daisy already pointed out.
Blues

Postby Tuariki » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:46 am

user4 wrote:I get the strange feeling you dont read anything I actually write. You simply respond to it as if i wrote something that clearly exposed my pen was a felonious weapon or worse that I slandered the sport of cricket :) . For the record I would like to plead not guilty to both of those charges :).

Cricket? What is there to slander. Only the Brits would invent a game that you can play for 5 days and still not get a result.
Tuariki

Postby dec7000 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:02 am

Blues wrote:

Testis compositum was the substance found at the home that was initially said to be steroids. It is sometimes used as a male enhancement drug.

Oscar Pistorius' representatives named the substance found in his bedroom after the shooting death of his girlfriend as Testis compositum on Wednesday and said it is an herbal remedy used "in aid of muscle recovery."

A product called Testis compositum is also marketed online in both oral and injectable forms as a testosterone booster and a sexual enhancer. Some online retailers also say it can be used to treat tiredness.

Pistorius' lawyers, through his public relations firm, did not give details as to whether the product they named was the same one marketed in the U.S. as a sexual enhancer with pig testicles, pig heart and pig embryo among its ingredients.

Also, we should keep in mind that it's only Pistorius' lawyers who are stating that the substance was Testis compositum. The official police lab analysis report of the substance in Pistorius' vials and syringes hasn't been released yet... And even if Testis compositum is marketed as a male enhancement product, it doesn't necessarily have to contain a substance that's currently banned, as Daisy already pointed out.

One of the many "ingredients" of Testis Compostium, although usually legal, is prohibited if injected. He does, though, have more serious offences to worry about!
dec7000

Postby Blues » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:41 am

dec7000 wrote:
Blues wrote:

One of the many "ingredients" of Testis Compostium, although usually legal, is prohibited if injected. He does, though, have more serious offences to worry about!

For my own knowledge and information, can you tell me what ingredient it would be, and whether it's also prohibited out of competition as well as in competition? Does it involve the tiny amount of anabolic steroids in the diluted pig testicles extract? (If so, wouldn't that be prohibited via oral use too?) (Below is the link to the diluted ingredients contained in Testis compositum injection.)

http://www.homotoxicology.net/matmed/combo/Ind4lgrh.htm
Blues

Postby Tuariki » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:43 am

I watched the ABC 20/20 "The fast times of Oscar Pistorius" on YouTube. Interesting. Sad. And IMO reinforces the paranoia schizophrenia mentalities of the guy. Hope he goes away for a long time.
Tuariki

Postby Pego » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:26 pm

Blues wrote:
For my own knowledge and information, can you tell me what ingredient it would be, and whether it's also prohibited out of competition as well as in competition? Does it involve the tiny amount of anabolic steroids in the diluted pig testicles extract? (If so, wouldn't that be prohibited via oral use too?) (Below is the link to the diluted ingredients contained in Testis compositum injection.)

http://www.homotoxicology.net/matmed/combo/Ind4lgrh.htm

I love the list of ingredients/indications in this concoction, especially some cactus extract. It is good for depression and vaginal discharge. Woof!
Pego

Postby batonless relay » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:49 am

There still has not been enough facts to say he's either paranoid or schizophrenic, but if he's a paranoid schizophrenic based upon his gun ownership then it runs in the family. I will stick with the avid gun owner for now.
The gun collectors' club, the Lowveld Firearm Collectors Association, which the runner joined last April said Pistorius also owned but hadn't yet licensed six other firearms for his gun collection.
South Africa's Beeld newspaper reported that the runner's father, three uncles and grandfather also own 55 firearms between them -- ranging from handguns to rifles.
"Some of the guns are for hunting and some are for protection, the hand guns," the Telegraph quoted Henke Pistorius as saying.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/03/05 ... z2Mg1YMJDt
batonless relay

Postby gh » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:04 am

it obviously won't change anybody's mind on anything, but for an insightful look into the gun culture, read the linked book review (or the whole book, if you''re of a mind).

<<...Guns, like abortion, are seen by some as a life-or-death issue that merits careful regulation, and by others as a matter of personal freedom and constitutional right. Each camp makes little attempt to understand the other, much less to compromise.

That could soon change, as the gun issue is about to find a new ambassador in Dan Baum. A self-professed "gun guy," the former New Yorker staff writer is far from a stereotypical gun nut. He's an urban Jew whose liberal views on everything but guns align with those who abhor firearms the most...>>

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/books/article/Gun ... z2Mga4yBsY
gh

Postby jeremyp » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:47 am

O.P. may be paranoid but he definitely is not Schizophrenic! No Schizophrenic could advance to such a high level of competitive sportsmanship and public view and be in a hallucinatory or delusional (both symptoms of Schizophrenia) state. Perhaps the use of the word is being confused with the medias use of the word to mean "dual personality" which Schizophrenia is not.
jeremyp

Postby Tuariki » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:07 pm

Paranoia? Schizophrenia? both admittedly debatable in terms of traits for Pistorius.

But the trait of "shame". Pistorius' latest approach to the Court shows the guy has no shame at all. If his killing of Reeva was truly an act of mistaken identity and he was truly remorseful the guy would not be challenging his bail conditions and demanding his passports be returned so he can travel overseas.

He truly is a low life.
Tuariki

Postby Pego » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:31 pm

Tuariki wrote:He truly is a low life.

Yes.
Pego

Postby mump boy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:33 pm

As above ^^^
mump boy

Postby gh » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:38 pm

The former lead detective has resigned

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/07/world/afr ... ?hpt=hp_t1
gh

Postby mump boy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:49 pm

Apparently he's on the verge of suicide

Close friend Mike Azzie, who Pistorius refers to as Uncle Mike, said the sportsman was a "broken man" after he was tasked with selling his racehorses to raise money to pay for spiralling legal fees.
:cry: :cry:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/03 ... _hp_ref=uk
mump boy

Postby Flumpy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:59 am

Selling his racehorse!!! :shock:

I hate it when that happens. :P
Flumpy

Postby Daisy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:42 pm

MrBowie would feel his pain.
Daisy

Postby mump boy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:46 pm

There was an hour long documentary on BBC tonight but i forgot to watch

I'll catch up tomorrow and report back
mump boy

Postby Tuariki » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:46 pm

Flumpy wrote:Selling his racehorse!!! :shock:

I hate it when that happens. :P

He definitely should sell it before he mistakes it for an ass and shoots it.
Tuariki

Postby mump boy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:08 am

mump boy

Postby Conor Dary » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:32 am

Where exactly would he go? What meet would want that hot potato? Maybe they could get Tim Danielson in a veterans race as an encore.
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby mump boy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:43 am

Conor Dary wrote:Where exactly would he go?

Somewhere without an extradition treaty !!

Who gives a potential murder their passport ?!!
mump boy

Postby Conor Dary » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:55 am

mump boy wrote:
Conor Dary wrote:Where exactly would he go?

Somewhere without an extradition treaty !!

Who gives a potential murder their passport ?!!

But they have to have a meet. But you are right, the guy has been charged with murder, and yet, the courts are saying, go run in Zurich, or maybe even Pre! I could see gh announcing that one. "In lane 2 with the ball and chain...."
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby Conor Dary » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:07 am

Now he is considering the WC in Moscow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/disability-sport/21967852

I didn't see a link on front page.
Conor Dary

Postby kuha » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:31 am

This whole thing does seem a bit insane. And this is the guy currently soaking up a huge portion of the media's (very limited) attention to track and field. What a gift to the world.
kuha

Postby Daisy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:34 am

kuha wrote:This is the guy currently soaking up a huge portion of the media's (very limited) attention to track and field.

Unfortunately it's publicity that T&F would not otherwise get.
Daisy

Postby Conor Dary » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:40 am

kuha wrote:This whole thing does seem a bit insane. And this is the guy currently soaking up a huge portion of the media's (very limited) attention to track and field. What a gift to the world.

Yes, for awhile cycling had overtaken track for the reputation as the dirtiest sport. (And since its fan base is about .00001% that is easy for sport pundits.) But now we have OP.

Imagine if OJ was still playing football while on trial....

The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), which is the body responsible for the World Championships, told BBC Sport he would be "free to run" in Moscow in August on the "basis of the 'innocent until proven guilty' principle".

But the Brits have lost interest....

However, Nova, who organise the Manchester City Games, to be held on 25 May and which Pistorius pulled out of, said there were "no plans to invite him over".
Conor Dary

Postby Pego » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:41 am

kuha wrote:This whole thing does seem a bit insane. And this is the guy currently soaking up a huge portion of the media's (very limited) attention to track and field. What a gift to the world.

Last week a guy in central Wisconsin shot his girlfriend to death. Yes, you guessed it, he mistook her for burglars. What a wonderful inspiration Oscar Pistorius is.
Pego

Postby Conor Dary » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:52 am

Pego wrote:

Last week a guy in central Wisconsin shot his girlfriend to death. Yes, you guessed it, he mistook her for burglars. What a wonderful inspiration Oscar Pistorius is.

Now, Pego, in all fairness, I don't know if we can blame OP (pronounced Opie!) for that, unless he shot her through a closed bathroom door. "Someone is stealing my dental floss!" Americans shooting neighbors, friends, relatives, etc. thinking---or perhaps hoping---they were a burglar has been a regular constant in this country for quite a while.
Conor Dary

Postby Pego » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:15 am

Conor Dary wrote:
Pego wrote:

Now, Pego, in all fairness, I don't know if we can blame OP (pronounced Opie!) for that, unless he shot her through a closed bathroom door. "Someone is stealing my dental floss!" Americans shooting neighbors, friends, relatives, etc. thinking---or perhaps hoping---they were a burglar has been a regular constant in this country for quite a while.

I promise to duly report a follow-up.
Pego

Postby mump boy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:51 am

Pego wrote:

I hope he's ou on bail with his passport in his possession, just in case he wants to go on his hols or something :roll:
mump boy

Postby Tuariki » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Conor Dary wrote:Now, Pego, in all fairness, I don't know if we can blame OP (pronounced Opie!) for that, unless he shot her through a closed bathroom door. "Someone is stealing my dental floss!" Americans shooting neighbors, friends, relatives, etc. thinking---or perhaps hoping---they were a burglar has been a regular constant in this country for quite a while.

Sheriff Andy Taylor would never have applied for bail for Opie, even if Opie had shot a Mayberry skunk.
I hope that no meet promoter would sink so low as to fall to the temptation of the dollar by inviting Pistorious to compete.
Tuariki

Postby kuha » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:35 pm

The old Hollywood saying is that there's no such thing as "bad press." I truly hope that's not right.
kuha

Postby gh » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:36 am

Tuariki wrote:
Conor Dary wrote:Now, Pego, in all fairness, I don't know if we can blame OP (pronounced Opie!) for that, unless he shot her through a closed bathroom door. "Someone is stealing my dental floss!" Americans shooting neighbors, friends, relatives, etc. thinking---or perhaps hoping---they were a burglar has been a regular constant in this country for quite a while.

Sheriff Andy Taylor would never have applied for bail for Opie, even if Opie had shot a Mayberry skunk.
I hope that no meet promoter would sink so low as to fall to the temptation of the dollar by inviting Pistorious to compete.

wow! talk about trial by press! Give the poor bastard his day in court before you condemn him to Devil's Island. (but yes, of course, I think he's probably guilty: fortunately, legal systems don't work on "I think probably" thoughts of people with no first-hand knowledge of the evidence)
gh

Postby Flumpy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:41 am

There's only one 'poor bastard' in this case and it's not OP.
Flumpy

Postby Pego » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:57 am

gh wrote:
Tuariki wrote:

wow! talk about trial by press! Give the poor bastard his day in court before you condemn him to Devil's Island. (but yes, of course, I think he's probably guilty: fortunately, legal systems don't work on "I think probably" thoughts of people with no first-hand knowledge of the evidence)

I have never seen a suspect in a capital case to be given this degree of pre-trial latitude.
Pego

Postby Tuariki » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:01 am

gh wrote:
Tuariki wrote:

It is not about trial by press. Pistorious has already admitted he killed Steenkamp. Even if you accept his story as to why he did what he did, as far as I am concerned he should still go to prison for a long time.
And I hope meet promoters don't invite him to compete. As much as the likes of Ostapchuk turn my stomach I would prefer to have her invited rather than Pistorious.
Tuariki

Postby 18.99s » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:10 pm

gh wrote:wow! talk about trial by press! Give the poor bastard his day in court before you condemn him to Devil's Island.

There won't be a day in court. Once he sets foot in a country that has no extradition treaty with SA, he's not going back to face trial.
18.99s

PreviousNext