your 2nd favorite sport?

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Re: your 2nd favorite sport?

Postby Conor Dary » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:47 am

Cooter Brown wrote:

I've really gotten hooked on soccer (EPL & UEFA) since I get up early on the weekends and can watch games before anyone else wakes up. Unfortunately, the two teams I've chosen (Arsenal & Newcastle) are clusterfucks in two different frustrating ways.

NBC is taking over the EPL in the US next year so I'm sure the coverage will suffer compared to Fox Soccer Net.

Yea, the Gunners really are missing Van Persie, who is having a wonderful season at United. And Newcastle has been a middling club ever since Shearer left.

I think NBC will be fine. I suspect they will use the same announcers, and unless they have commercial breaks, horrors!, during the game there isn't much damage they can do. And at least the games will be in HD which isn't true now on Fox.
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby donley2 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:35 pm

College Basketball. When the conference season hits around midway all the way through the end of March Madness (in April of course) I find it actually can distract me from my normal almost singular focus on track and field.
donley2

Postby bijanc » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:37 pm

To view in person, ice hockey and major league baseball, after T & F. To watch on the tube, speed skating, ice hockey and until I was about 30, boxing.
I also love attending rounds of the NCAA men's basketball tourney in different cities a couple buddies and I pick almost every year- because we meet fans from all over, and generally have no skin in the game.
bijanc

Postby Per Andersen » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:04 pm

#2 Soccer
#3 Tennis
Per Andersen

Postby TN1965 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:47 pm

As a distance runner, I can related to the solitude of a tennis player.

Unless playing doubles, they are all alone on the court without coaches or teammates. Even golfers can talk to their caddies. But tennis players have no one to rely on. And that's what I like about it.
TN1965