Te'o or Beyonce?

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Re: Te'o or Beyonce?

Postby Rog » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:12 am

Is this the same Beyonce about whom there were all those rumours that she faked her pregnancy and had a surrogate carry the baby? If so, lip synching is pretty small beer.
Rog

Postby jazzcyclist » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:21 pm

Today Beyonce removed any doubts that she can sing when she sang the national anthem a capella at a Super Bowl press conference and she also said that it was always her plan to lip-synch at the Inauguration for the same reasons that Aretha Franklin said that she wish she would have lip-synched four years ago.

I am a perfectionist. And one thing about me, I practice until my feet bleed and I did not have time to rehearse with the orchestra. It was a live television show, and a very very important emotional show for me, one of my proudest moments. And due to the weather, due to the delay, due to no proper sound check, I did not feel comfortable taking a risk. It was about the president and the inauguration, and I wanted to make him and my country proud, so I decided to sing along with my pre-recorded track, which is very common in the music industry. And I'm very proud of my performance."

http://www.nola.com/superbowl/index.ssf ... press.html

I hope this explanation satisfies Friar. :wink:
jazzcyclist

Postby Friar » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:59 pm

She can do anything she wants and if the Pres is ok with it who cares? My point was that to not say anything afterward --in a press release-- was not nice. It left the Marine Band in an odd place.

Suffice it to say that the two other vocalist guests were also concerned with getting it right and while they might not be "perfectionist(s)" they did good.
Friar

Postby jazzcyclist » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:28 am

Were you equally outraged when Whitney Houston and Jennifer Hudson failed to give public statements on lip-synching?
jazzcyclist

Postby no one » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:25 am

each is much ado about nothing. Media is desperate.
no one

Postby lonewolf » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:32 pm

no one wrote:each is much ado about nothing. Media is desperate.

Amen!
lonewolf

Postby jhc68 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:29 pm

Just as I was coming to grips with this stuff NOW I have to worry about Ray Lewis and Deer Antler Spray !!! :shock:
jhc68

Postby kuha » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:22 am

Or this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/3 ... ostpopular

There are SO MANY existential crises to worry about.

Just say neigh.
kuha

Postby jhc68 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:24 pm

Whoppers tainted with HORSEMEAT!!! Oh, the humanity...
This makes a huge impact on my life because, although I never dine at Burger King, I WAS in Ireland just a few months ago.
Everyone knows that nothing on earth could be more horrible than consuming horsemeat, and I was in close proximity to the consumption.
More sleepless nights ahead for me.
jhc68