Tebow & Coach Pfaff

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Tebow & Coach Pfaff

Postby bushop » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:26 pm

This afternoon NY Jets' QB Tim Tebow was seen training under the guidance of coach Dan Pfaff in Arizona.

Apparently a possible partnership b/w Godina and Pfaff in the works.
Last edited by bushop on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bushop

Re: Tebow & Coach Paff

Postby gh » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:47 pm

Pfaff can teach guys how to throw a football and read defenses?!!!!
gh

Re: Tebow & Coach Paff

Postby Cooter Brown » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:01 pm

He needs to work on his foot speed to switch to tight end unless he wants to call it a career.
Cooter Brown

Re: Tebow & Coach Pfaff

Postby cladthin » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:28 am

Of all people, I heard Bill Romanowski (who is just about the biggest Tebow cheerleader amongst former or current players that I am aware of-maybe the only one?!) on Colin Cowherd's show earlier today talk about how much TT's athleticsm/speed had improved working with Dan Pfaff in Arizona since the end of the NFL season. It was good to hear Dan get a plug even if he's only considered relevent from a mainstream perspective due to his association with TT.
cladthin

Postby Bruce Kritzler » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:33 am

Tebow and Pfaff were probably at U of Florida the same time.
Bruce Kritzler

Postby Dutra5 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:15 am

From the snippets shown of Tebow at the Pats minicamp, his throwing motion appears unaltered.
Dutra5

Postby cladthin » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:46 pm

Bruce Kritzler wrote:Tebow and Pfaff were probably at U of Florida the same time.

From the bios of each it seems that they were both at UF for the 2006-2007 school year.
cladthin

Postby user4 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:18 am

cladthin wrote:
Bruce Kritzler wrote:Tebow and Pfaff were probably at U of Florida the same time.

From the bios of each it seems that they were both at UF for the 2006-2007 school year.

My understanding was that Tebow's athleticism-measureables were already off the charts for any number of positions before his NFL draft to Denver. There were a number of athletes on that FL team that seemed extraordinary in the athleticism category. This Pfaff connection is not surprising. Tebows throwing arm strength and accuracy are another story and it is likely the cause of him getting a cold shoulder as an NFL QB from most NFL franchises. I could see him being very useful as a goal line QB and slash-player for NE.
user4

Postby cladthin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 am

user4 wrote:
cladthin wrote:

My understanding was that Tebow's athleticism-measureables were already off the charts for any number of positions before his NFL draft to Denver. There were a number of athletes on that FL team that seemed extraordinary in the athleticism category. This Pfaff connection is not surprising. Tebows throwing arm strength and accuracy are another story and it is likely the cause of him getting a cold shoulder as an NFL QB from most NFL franchises. I could see him being very useful as a goal line QB and slash-player for NE.

I'm not saying there is no chance of any situation arising where he might be in a position to throw a pass or two, but BB is clearly not giving him a shot to come in and put up passes. Not with the likes of Brady and Mallett ahead of him. It would have to be, as you say, a situational qb opportunity, fb, h-back, or a te role they envision as possibilities for him.

I don't know if Romanowski is aware of the specifics of what TT has done with Dan though it sounded like it. He was saying athletically TT is at all time best physical condition right now and since it was suggested he's been in contact with Tim I assume that's coming from Tim himself though I don't know.

Beside the Belichick-Meyer connection there is also the Scot Loeffler-Tom Brady connection as Loeffler was qb coach for Brady at UM and Tebow at UF (his last year).
cladthin

Postby Cooter Brown » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:08 am

cladthin wrote:I'm not saying there is no chance of any situation arising where he might be in a position to throw a pass or two, but BB is clearly not giving him a shot to come in and put up passes. Not with the likes of Brady and Mallett ahead of him. It would have to be, as you say, a situational qb opportunity, fb, h-back, or a te role they envision as possibilities for him.

I read somewhere that Tebow is 3rd on the depth chart at QB & TE. He'd be a valuable asset in goal line situations when running the ball is the option 95% of the time and honestly, even Tebow can complete 3-5 yard passes in that situation. He's also a cheap project to develop what could be a great TE since he is off the charts on athleticism especially when compared to other players at that position. And he'd probably be great at running the scout team since there's so many mobile QB/option read offenses in the NFL now. A drop back passer running the scout team wouldn't give defenses a good look at what they'd see against SF, Philly, etc.
Cooter Brown