the greatest liar of all time [split]


A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Re: the greatest liar of all time [split]

Postby Conor Dary » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:07 pm

tandfman wrote:The subject line of this thread is addressed here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fac ... ml?hpid=z3


Complete and utter nonsense. And Kesseler should know better.

After all we are talking about a sporting event in FRANCE! Who really cared about it until Armstrong showed up? Certainly not Kesseler.

Meanwhile we got lied into a war 10 years ago. But Hey, that is political.

But ganging up on Armstrong is easy, because it is a sport few really care about. And something the VSP of which Kesseler is a senior member don't have to remember they were dead wrong about and had real ramifications.

I have avoided the LA threads because the whole thing is just over the top. I mean, Oprah now? I had thought this thread had moved on from that. Obviously not. Ugh.
Conor Dary
 
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Re: the greatest liar of all time [split]

Postby Tuariki » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:03 pm

Cooter Brown wrote:My theory is this was started to cover up that he's gay and it got out of control. A Mormon at a Catholic school and a future NFLer. You can't be publicly gay with those 3 strikes against you.


I think you hit the nail right on the head with Te'o. For the past 9 years I owned a Drag Queen night club which my daughter ran. The Drag Queens are all unanimous in that the Kekua story is such a gay thing to do; especially when you are the star at a Catholic school with football players who must prove their "manliness" within the breeding grounds of priests with interesting preferences.

Looking for the great liars of history - go back to Rome; that's a pretty good starting place.
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: the greatest liar of all time [split]

Postby gh » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:10 pm

Is it fair to note that this board must truly be one of the few places you could go to learn that Kiwi drag queens follow NCAA football?ll!
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: the greatest liar of all time [split]

Postby Tuariki » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:34 pm

gh wrote:Is it fair to note that this board must truly be one of the few places you could go to learn that Kiwi drag queens follow NCAA football?ll!

Several of them are big enough to play NCAA football. Checkout the photos in the link below; especially the rugby one.

http://www.limelightnz.co.nz/Photos

Actually you are right, except for one, they don't actually give a damn about NCAA football. But when I told them the Te'o story and showed them some his photos off Yahoo they all came to the same conclusions:

* He is gay,and
* They would all love to help him through his current emotional difficulties.
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: the greatest liar of all time [split]

Postby Pego » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:53 pm

Tuariki wrote:
gh wrote:Is it fair to note that this board must truly be one of the few places you could go to learn that Kiwi drag queens follow NCAA football?ll!

Several of them are big enough to play NCAA football. Checkout the photos in the link below; especially the rugby one.

http://www.limelightnz.co.nz/Photos

Actually you are right, except for one, they don't actually give a damn about NCAA football. But when I told them the Te'o story and showed them some his photos off Yahoo they all came to the same conclusions:

* He is gay,and
* They would all love to help him through his current emotional difficulties.


The one in a red mini - never in a million years...
Pego
 
Posts: 10203
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help

Re: the greatest liar of all time [split]

Postby marknhj » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:05 pm

Pego wrote:The one in a red mini - never in a million years...


If the Badgers show up in LA to lose the Rose Bowl yet again, stay an extra day and I'll take you around West Hollywood :D
marknhj
 
Posts: 5070
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: the greatest liar of all time [split]

Postby Daisy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:09 pm

Tuariki wrote:http://www.limelightnz.co.nz/Photos

Is that American flags being used as a toga? :)
Daisy
 
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: the greatest liar of all time [split]

Postby gh » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:15 pm

toga?! in that part of the world they probably call it a parea (like the Tahitians), or something similar.
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: the greatest liar of all time [split]

Postby Pego » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:53 pm

marknhj wrote:
Pego wrote:The one in a red mini - never in a million years...


If the Badgers show up in LA to lose the Rose Bowl yet again, stay an extra day and I'll take you around West Hollywood :D


It's a date :wink: .
Pego
 
Posts: 10203
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help

Re: the greatest liar of all time [split]

Postby tandfman » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:47 am

tandfman
 
Posts: 15043
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests