i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...


A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby Brian » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:41 pm

[Cont.]

This went on for years. My friend stayed with her because he loved her and always hoped she would stop doing these things to them; he knew it wasn't simply he that she was acting out to hurt. Low self-esteem had been one her childhood issues. And she did love him; she just couldn't stop her behavior and wouldn't seek help. She had what's known as a personality disorder rooted in a physical condition. Those of us around him told my friend he had to be careful to take care of himself because she just hadn't hit rock bottom yet.

Finally, her luck ran out. She contracted a permanent STD, lied about it and nearly gave it to him. All after vowing she had been "better now/no other men" for nearly two years (her job required her to travel; sound familiar?). It wasn't the first time she had lied about being "better now" to him. He believed her because he wanted to believe her. Finally, once he realized, in his words that "she is not coming back", he left her. Fortunately, they had no children.

Formerly a fine person, like a drug addict, she had become an expert liar. Part of the reason no one on the outside would believe anything bad of her (he never publicly advertised details of her behavior, except to me and a few select others, mostly mental healthcare professionals) is because they never knew the person she had become. They had the image of who she had been in their minds, not who she had become. She lied continually, to everyone and to herself. It was almost Jeckyll-Hyde in scope; she could spend the afternoon baking cookies for neighbors, drive to some guy's house for a quickie on the way home, and be back ready to make dinner with my male friend an hour later.

The parallel between my two friends and what has been written about, and by, Favor-Hamilton is dead on.

I hope Favor-Hamilton gets the help my female friend was too scared to seek.
.
Brian
 
Posts: 2370
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby Wang Lung » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:21 pm

I read a quote on this today, "You are as sick as your secrets."

This poor Woman needs help. I pray she gets it.
Wang Lung
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:57 am
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby bobguild76 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:07 am

Brian wrote:
aaronk wrote: Suzy Favor......
and then Suzy Favor Hamilton......

But two things from this news shocks me......but in a different way than the story itself.

1. That her husband KNEW what she was doing, and remains married to her!!


As many on this board will attest, you stay married to someone behaving badly because you love them and hope you can encourage them to stop behaving badly, especially if that behavior is self-destructive (which of course, also destroys the spouse & family, as these people are extensions of one's self).

Also, special to males, is the fact that a divorce means your time with your [7-year old] daughter will for the next [11] years be relegated to weekends and every other holiday. Children--especially young children--almost ALWAYS are given to the mother for custody. [Favor-Hamilton would pretty much have to be imprisoned for anything else to happen; stay tuned on that, BTW.]

. . .

No, her husband stayed because that's what you do when you love someone. That's what the for better or for worse, in health and in sickness thing is all about, no matter how much it may kill you inside.
.


Well said, Brian!

None of us knows the full story. All of us have made poor choices in some area of our life ... and most of us are grateful those poor choices, and their consequences, didn't become national news. Is it news? Of course. Does it make SFH "less than"? Not in my opinion. Is this a fascinating story? Yes. Do any of us know how it will end? No.

I think we all would wish her, and her family, the grace and freedom to work through this difficult season.
bobguild76
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:39 pm

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby lapsus » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:15 am

Everyone has some secrets. If someone takes you into their confidence, even if (or especially if) you think they are being naive about it and leaving themselves exposed, like Favor Hamilton apparently was, you don't betray that confidence. So the betrayal of implicit trust is the shocking part of the story for me. Shocking not surprising, it only takes one scumbag selling the story after all.

I hope she gets support from her social circle in finding her balance, perhaps even patching things up with her husband. Otherwise, well, it is none of my damn business.
lapsus
 
Posts: 881
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby mump boy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:28 am

I love gossip and was the first to start spreading this story but in light of probable mental health issues i'm not so sure that it's entirely appropriate to keep discussing it
mump boy
 
Posts: 5636
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: saaaaaarf london

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby aaronk » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:57 am

Let me clarify something I said earlier.

I said I was "shocked" that her husband hadn't divorced her, since she stated he knew of her year as a call girl.
I did NOT say I thought he SHOULD divorce her!!
Big difference!!

Think about it.
There are many divorces that are based on a spouse's infidelity!!
Even in our "no fault" divorce system.

A wife leaves a husband because he had a ONE NIGHT stand!!
Or vice versa.
This went way beyond that!!

But then again, Hillary stayed with Bill, even after Monica and all the other accusations made against him!!

THAT is LOVE!!!

I really DO wish her.....and her family.....only the best and happiest of futures.
aaronk
 
Posts: 3335
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby j-a-m » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:18 am

nicest person ever wrote:Similarly, it makes me sad that our culture still views prostitution in the way that it does.

Agreed.
j-a-m
 
Posts: 2449
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby j-a-m » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:19 am

Mighty Favog wrote:He met SFH at the post-race party and of course asked to take a photo with her.

So you're saying first he asks her for a picture, and when she agrees he's uncomfortable with it? How about as a general rule, if you're not comfortable with someone putting their arms around you, don't ask them to take a picture with you in the first place?
j-a-m
 
Posts: 2449
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby j-a-m » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:19 am

lapsus wrote:So the betrayal of implicit trust is the shocking part of the story for me. Shocking not surprising, it only takes one scumbag selling the story after all.

Exactly.
j-a-m
 
Posts: 2449
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby 26mi235 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:11 am

Was quite surprised of course, although not as much as some because of the mental side of things and her family history. I hope that it works out in some non-catastrophic way; probably will, but not a surprise if it does.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out in Madison, although I am departing for almost 2 weeks away.
26mi235
 
Posts: 16313
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby Flumpy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:28 am

mump boy wrote:I love gossip and was the first to start spreading this story but in light of probable mental health issues i'm not so sure that it's entirely appropriate to keep discussing it


I agree.

This is in no way athletics related and I make no judgement on her choices as they are completely between her and her family. It's none of our business and somewhat unseemly to be discussing a personal subject of which we know very little, simpy because the person in question once ran track.
Flumpy
 
Posts: 3899
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby Blues » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:57 am

Flumpy wrote:
mump boy wrote:I love gossip and was the first to start spreading this story but in light of probable mental health issues i'm not so sure that it's entirely appropriate to keep discussing it


I agree.

This is in no way athletics related and I make no judgement on her choices as they are completely between her and her family. It's none of our business and somewhat unseemly to be discussing a personal subject of which we know very little, simpy because the person in question once ran track.


Your point is understood. But at least many of the posts have been supportive or have tried to mention certain facts that may help explain her actions, and they're probably more supportive than most comments made by the non-track and field general public, who are seeing the story plastered all over the front sports page of the major news media, often without the facts that at least in part might help explain what led to her unusual choices... I was browsing USAToday.com a few minutes ago, and she was the cover story for the sports section...
Blues
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:58 am

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby gh » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:34 am

I guess the New York Daily News wins the contest for most creative/tackiest newspaper headline. They wrote (in blazing 60-point type, of course) "On Your Mark, Get Set, Ho!"
gh
 
Posts: 46302
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby Anthony Treacher » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:43 am

In Sweden it is not illegal to provide sex for money. It is however illegal here to buy sex. Even morally the person providing sex for money is considered here as "the exploited." The person buying sex is "the exploiter." So what exactly has SFH done that is wrong?
Anthony Treacher
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:48 am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby SQUACKEE » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:58 am

Anthony Treacher wrote:In Sweden it is not illegal to provide sex for money. It is however illegal here to buy sex. Even morally the person providing sex for money is considered here as "the exploited." The person buying sex is "the exploiter." So what exactly has SFH done that is wrong?


If part of her sacred wedding vows to her husband was to blow guys for cash and on occasion to make a little extra cash, have anal intercourse with a sweaty business man from Cleveland, then she has done nothing wrong.
SQUACKEE
 
Posts: 12885
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby j-a-m » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:04 am

Are you the sweaty businessman from Cleveland so that you have such specific knowledge? Or are you her husband so that this is any of your business?
j-a-m
 
Posts: 2449
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby 333 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:10 am

Dear Santa....
333
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby odelltrclan » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:12 am

j-a-m wrote:Are you the sweaty businessman from Cleveland so that you have such specific knowledge? Or are you her husband so that this is any of your business?


Is any of this any of ours?
odelltrclan
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby SQUACKEE » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:21 am

j-a-m wrote:Are you the sweaty businessman from Cleveland so that you have such specific knowledge? Or are you her husband so that this is any of your business?


There are reports that her husband isnt happy, these reports are probably completley wrong and he loves what his wife does, good day to you sir!
SQUACKEE
 
Posts: 12885
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby Pego » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:26 am

odelltrclan wrote:
j-a-m wrote:Are you the sweaty businessman from Cleveland so that you have such specific knowledge? Or are you her husband so that this is any of your business?


Is any of this any of ours?


Absolutely correct, odelltrclan. My sentiments exactly.
Pego
 
Posts: 10196
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby uakari » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:24 am

oh my freaking mackerel,

WHO CARES?

i'm just shocked anyone would pay that much for sex. reminds me of gov. spitzer's scandal. now he's a respected tv commentator... we need to stop sensationalizing everything.

unless women, children and men are being forced into prostitution, i don't give a rat's ass. she did it voluntarily and she did it for money. people do all sorts of things for money. yawn.
uakari
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:21 pm

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby WalkandJog » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:36 am

Regardless of why she claims she did it, it was all about the money. She and her husband were obviously having financial problems, and her husband knew about her escorting and let her do it.

It's always all about the money. She worked in real estate and as of late that profession has tanked, so it makes sense that she and her husband had to find other ways to earn a living to pay the bills and the mortgage of their $600,000 home. Someone as famous as Suzy could have reached out to the T&F community for work or some type of income generating gig. But prostitution????

Now all she has to do is sell the rights to her interview to People, US or the Star for six figures, write a tell-all book for a million dollars, and sell the movie rights for more. She'll be crying all the way to the bank, so in the end she lost her reputation as little miss perfect, but in this age of celebrity obsession, she'll actually go over the top as a genuine mainstream celebrity, if she plays her cards right. Of course, being a celebrity is not necessarily good, and Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton became famous for being in porno videos, but it made them a fortune.
WalkandJog
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby Flumpy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:40 am

gh wrote:I guess the New York Daily News wins the contest for most creative/tackiest newspaper headline. They wrote (in blazing 60-point type, of course) "On Your Mark, Get Set, Ho!"


That's awful but genius at the same time!!!
Flumpy
 
Posts: 3899
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby Marlow » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:04 am

WalkandJog wrote:Regardless of why she claims she did it, it was all about the money. She and her husband were obviously having financial problems, and her husband knew about her escorting and let her do it. . . . It's always all about the money.

Sadly, I'm convinced it is NOT about the money. Money is a rationalization, and it's a great corroborating reason, but complex psychological problems are at the root of this. It usually starts with an unhealthy need for attention and affection, ways to build self-esteem. As with greedy people, there's never enough money; with others, there's never enough attention and affection. As beautiful and popular as she was, it wasn't enough.

I really, really hope she doesn't hit the talk show circuit as Marion did. Marion made herself only more pitiable in the process. If Suzy does it too, it just continues the 'prostitution'.

There's no need to judge Suzy here; her judgement comes from herself and her family/friends, who actually know her. They just need to help her now. I, like almost everyone else posting here, was in her thrall - her beauty, grace, style, but now I just see a broken woman who needs a lot of help to get through this in one piece.
Marlow
 
Posts: 21079
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby Tuariki » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:50 am

Much ado about nothing.
Here in little old NZ selling favors is quite legal; and quite a bit cheaper.
According to the NZ Truth, the main newspaper where the selling of favors is advertised; a full favor is about $160 an hour and a part favor about $60.

Good old overweight and not particularly attractive Monica turned her free partial favor into $10 million plus. Not a bad return on her favourite blue $200 dress all because her favor giving hit the headlines. And remember she gave her favor for free, because no one in their right mind would pay $600 an hour for such favors from her.

But now we have the real deal; a real bona fide Favor - ana a beautiful Favor at that. And now that this Favor has made the headlines there will be plenty of rich American males (and Arabs, and Japanese, and Europeans) and in fact make that rich men all over the world who will now pay a lot more than $600 an hour for a chance to sample in a now world famous favor.

Bill Clinton only did what 50 percent of American men do and 45 percent wish they were doing. The other 5 percent are gay.
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby Tuariki » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:01 am

OMG I also forgot to tell you guys I am spending several days over New Years in Las Vegas. Taking my tribe of kids and grandkids, 12 of us, to see my in laws. We are staying at Circus Circus.
So now I am saving up an extra $600 in case I have a free hour to spare. It will of course be a Herculean challenge to find that free hour but having once upon a time been a reasonable broad jumper I am sure I am still up for the challenge. :roll:

Don't listen to my misses on that subject. She's American and she will just tell you guys lies about that subject. :lol: :lol:
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby aaronk » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:16 am

SQUACKEE wrote:
Anthony Treacher wrote:In Sweden it is not illegal to provide sex for money. It is however illegal here to buy sex. Even morally the person providing sex for money is considered here as "the exploited." The person buying sex is "the exploiter." So what exactly has SFH done that is wrong?


If part of her sacred wedding vows to her husband was to blow guys for cash and on occasion to make a little extra cash, have anal intercourse with a sweaty business man from Cleveland, then she has done nothing wrong.


Garry Hill, would you please explain to me WHY......

the above comment by SQUACKEE was allowed to be posted...and then REMAIN posted.....

and the comments by Conor Dary (about the movie "Belle de Jour")....
and MY comment on Conor's about two movies about "escorts" I'd seen......
and another's (Can't recall his/her name!) comment to me, saying Jennifer Anniston would be good to play Suzy in a movie....

why OUR comments were DELETED??

SQUACKEE, your comment is beyond anything we know as common human decency!!
aaronk
 
Posts: 3335
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby Tuariki » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:23 am

aaronk wrote:
SQUACKEE wrote:
Anthony Treacher wrote:In Sweden it is not illegal to provide sex for money. It is however illegal here to buy sex. Even morally the person providing sex for money is considered here as "the exploited." The person buying sex is "the exploiter." So what exactly has SFH done that is wrong?


If part of her sacred wedding vows to her husband was to blow guys for cash and on occasion to make a little extra cash, have anal intercourse with a sweaty business man from Cleveland, then she has done nothing wrong.


Garry Hill, would you please explain to me WHY......

the above comment by SQUACKEE was allowed to be posted...and then REMAIN posted.....

and the comments by Conor Dary (about the movie "Belle de Jour")....
and MY comment on Conor's about two movies about "escorts" I'd seen......
and another's (Can't recall his/her name!) comment to me, saying Jennifer Anniston would be good to play Suzy in a movie....

why OUR comments were DELETED??

SQUACKEE, your comment is beyond anything we know as common human decency!!

God has never felt the need to explain himself and neither does GH. They don't have to.
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby aaronk » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:26 am

Tuariki wrote:Much ado about nothing.
Here in little old NZ selling favors is quite legal; and quite a bit cheaper.
According to the NZ Truth, the main newspaper where the selling of favors is advertised; a full favor is about $160 an hour and a part favor about $60.

Good old overweight and not particularly attractive Monica turned her free partial favor into $10 million plus. Not a bad return on her favourite blue $200 dress all because her favor giving hit the headlines. And remember she gave her favor for free, because no one in their right mind would pay $600 an hour for such favors from her.

But now we have the real deal; a real bona fide Favor - ana a beautiful Favor at that. And now that this Favor has made the headlines there will be plenty of rich American males (and Arabs, and Japanese, and Europeans) and in fact make that rich men all over the world who will now pay a lot more than $600 an hour for a chance to sample in a now world famous favor.

Bill Clinton only did what 50 percent of American men do and 45 percent wish they were doing. The other 5 percent are gay.


I give to TUARIKI the following:

Award for BEST WRITING in the Suzy Favor thread.
Award for MOST INTERESTING contribution to the Suzy Favor thread.
Award for MOST CREATIVE comment on the Suzy Favor thread.

From here on, this award shall be named "The TUARIKI"!! :D
aaronk
 
Posts: 3335
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby Tuariki » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:32 am

aaronk wrote:
Tuariki wrote:Much ado about nothing.
Here in little old NZ selling favors is quite legal; and quite a bit cheaper.
According to the NZ Truth, the main newspaper where the selling of favors is advertised; a full favor is about $160 an hour and a part favor about $60.

Good old overweight and not particularly attractive Monica turned her free partial favor into $10 million plus. Not a bad return on her favourite blue $200 dress all because her favor giving hit the headlines. And remember she gave her favor for free, because no one in their right mind would pay $600 an hour for such favors from her.

But now we have the real deal; a real bona fide Favor - ana a beautiful Favor at that. And now that this Favor has made the headlines there will be plenty of rich American males (and Arabs, and Japanese, and Europeans) and in fact make that rich men all over the world who will now pay a lot more than $600 an hour for a chance to sample in a now world famous favor.

Bill Clinton only did what 50 percent of American men do and 45 percent wish they were doing. The other 5 percent are gay.


I give to TUARIKI the following:

Award for BEST WRITING in the Suzy Favor thread.
Award for MOST INTERESTING contribution to the Suzy Favor thread.
Award for MOST CREATIVE comment on the Suzy Favor thread.

From here on, this award shall be named "The TUARIKI"!! :D


Thanks Aaronk :shock: on behalf of a grateful nation and those without Olympic medals I humbly accept.
With this award and $600 I can now go get me a favor.
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby Dutra5 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:45 am

aaronk wrote:
SQUACKEE wrote:
Anthony Treacher wrote:In Sweden it is not illegal to provide sex for money. It is however illegal here to buy sex. Even morally the person providing sex for money is considered here as "the exploited." The person buying sex is "the exploiter." So what exactly has SFH done that is wrong?


If part of her sacred wedding vows to her husband was to blow guys for cash and on occasion to make a little extra cash, have anal intercourse with a sweaty business man from Cleveland, then she has done nothing wrong.


Garry Hill, would you please explain to me WHY......

the above comment by SQUACKEE was allowed to be posted...and then REMAIN posted.....

and the comments by Conor Dary (about the movie "Belle de Jour")....
and MY comment on Conor's about two movies about "escorts" I'd seen......
and another's (Can't recall his/her name!) comment to me, saying Jennifer Anniston would be good to play Suzy in a movie....

why OUR comments were DELETED??




Just a guess....opportunity?
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby Conor Dary » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:52 am

Dutra5 wrote:

Just a guess....opportunity?


What does that mean?
Last edited by Conor Dary on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Conor Dary
 
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby Marlow » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:52 am

Tuariki wrote:Much ado about nothing. Here in little old NZ selling favors is quite legal; and quite a bit cheaper.

Just so I'm getting this straight . . . in New Zealand, it's NO BIG DEAL (your 'much ado about nothing') that a wife and mother has sex for money with strangers. Oh, really. I think you are gravely mistaken.
Marlow
 
Posts: 21079
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby Dutra5 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:00 pm

Conor Dary wrote:
Dutra5 wrote:

Just a guess....opportunity?


What does that mean?


I don't pretend to know what GH's schedule looks like from day to day but it's quite possible he has not been online since early this morning.
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby odelltrclan » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:01 pm

Marlow wrote:
Tuariki wrote:Much ado about nothing. Here in little old NZ selling favors is quite legal; and quite a bit cheaper.

Just so I'm getting this straight . . . in New Zealand, it's NO BIG DEAL (your 'much ado about nothing') that a wife and mother has sex for money with strangers. Oh, really. I think you are gravely mistaken.


Maybe this is exactly how his family able to afford a trip to Las Vegas next week. :? :D
odelltrclan
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby Marlow » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:09 pm

odelltrclan wrote:Maybe this is exactly how his family able to afford a trip to Las Vegas next week. :? :D

Are you thinking about the 7-year-old daughter and how this is going to play out for her in the near- and long-term?
Marlow
 
Posts: 21079
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby odelltrclan » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:24 pm

Marlow wrote:
odelltrclan wrote:Maybe this is exactly how his family able to afford a trip to Las Vegas next week. :? :D

Are you thinking about the 7-year-old daughter and how this is going to play out for her in the near- and long-term?


I am talking about Tauriki's trip, not Suzi's. Tauriki mentioned he was coming to Vegas. If he is willing to allow his wife extra-curricular activities to contribute to the family budget (and judging by his posts he may very well be) I guess that is his prerogative. :shock: It goes against the norm but that is their choice.

Just so you know, I am in agreement with you on your moral issues. I just don't see much of a need to discuss it here. Too many people in these circles are put off on any mention of morality and what is right and wrong. Its her life, let her decide her destination.

I do feel sorry for her daughter and her husband (if he is an unwilling participant). I can only imagine the backlash they are going to hear and receive over the years. But she has made her choices and she (and they) must take the consequences that follow. Just as it applies to all of us. We all fight our demons as best we can, but, unlike us, for someone like her, the whole world knows.
odelltrclan
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby TN1965 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:48 pm

uakari wrote:oh my freaking mackerel,

WHO CARES?

i'm just shocked anyone would pay that much for sex. reminds me of gov. spitzer's scandal. now he's a respected tv commentator... we need to stop sensationalizing everything.

unless women, children and men are being forced into prostitution, i don't give a rat's ass. she did it voluntarily and she did it for money. people do all sorts of things for money. yawn.


I am afraid SFH will not be as lucky as Spitzer in rehabilitating her image. I hope I am wrong, but our society has a double standard regarding sexual morality.
TN1965
 
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:38 pm

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby Marlow » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:55 pm

odelltrclan wrote:I am talking about Tauriki's trip, not Suzi's.

Mia apologia!
Marlow
 
Posts: 21079
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: i guess this wins as shocking story of the year...

Postby Tuariki » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:55 pm

Marlow wrote:
Tuariki wrote:Much ado about nothing. Here in little old NZ selling favors is quite legal; and quite a bit cheaper.

Just so I'm getting this straight . . . in New Zealand, it's NO BIG DEAL (your 'much ado about nothing') that a wife and mother has sex for money with strangers. Oh, really. I think you are gravely mistaken.

Come on Marlow - get your head out of the sand and look around you.

At least in New Zealand we are somewhat more "honest" than say those Americans who hide behind a pseudo religious Christian facade of hypocrisy when it comes to sexual mores.

Which country in the world has the most members of sites such as Adult Friend Finder with literally millions of couples looking for out of relationship connections? The USA by a country mile.

I have lost count of the USA based hypocrites who,from the pulpits of their money making self enrichment churches, preach the evils of sex outside of marriage, who are then discovered to be serial practitioners of the very evil they preach against. Ditto the outspoken politicians on the same subject - whether it be a new Jersey Governor, a New Your Governor a weeny little Congressman or whatever. A bit like the Catholic Church and priests with their choir boys.

What Suzy Favor did was her business - and of course her family's. She sure as hell didn't hurt any of her clients - except in the pocket. If she has hurt her husband then that is a matter between them. If the media reports are correct that he has known about Las Vegas business activities for quite some time then presumably whatever hurt he felt was being compensated by the money being earned. But whatever the situation, whatever the reason, it is none of the business of the moralists preaching on this message board.

It is said if you live in a glass house don't throw stones. Based on statistical probabilities I imagine that more than one or two of the moralists on this message board live or have lived in a glass house.

Having had the privilege of being able to compete internationally what Suzy Favor did was not a lot different than what went on in hotels and games villages. The only real difference was $600.
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests